I Have A Question For Everyone (re AKA)

beach

As many of you know I am a regional director for the A.K.A. and as such I have a question that I would like answered by all the

members of this forum.

1. Are you a member of the A.K.A.?

2. If you are not please tell me why?

Now for the reason I'm asking this question, as a member of the A.K.A. and a regional director and as one of the driving forces of

this forum, I invited the A.K.A. to have a location on this forum for a few different reasons. The biggest reason I wanted the A.K.A.

on board is for us as Revolution kite fliers to have a open ear to the A.K.A. so we can ask them question and for them to have a

place where they ( A.K.A. ) can ask Revolution fliers questions, not so for all fliers but Revolution fliers..... As this unfolds and we

get everyone in place from the A.K.A. to answer questions this section will get larger so be prepared to ask your questions but

for now answer the two questions I just asked..... Thank you in advance for the help with this one....... Ben :blue-cool: :blue-cool:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I am a member... The AKA magazines are wonderful (actually WINDerful) and worth the membership fee alone... not-to-mention the kite and kiting supply discounts from many of the vendors! A great group and great deal!

...and Congrats go out to Barb Meyer... the NEW AKA President!

As many of you know I am a regional director for the A.K.A. and as such I have a question that I would like answered by all the

members of this forum.

1. Are you a member of the A.K.A.?

2. If you are not please tell me why?

:blue-cool: :blue-cool:

1.i am not currently

2. forget to renew the membership a couple of months ago.

would do so after the busy weekend.

i think it's good to have AKA in the world and i would renew the membership.

I am not a member, hopefully for fairly a fairly obvious reason. In case it is not so obvious it is cuz I live in the UK.

I did think about koining, if just for the discounts available and sort of presume it would have been OK for me to do so.

However I agree that a voice of AKA on the Rev forum should be a good thing.

Barbara and I are both AKA members. We use the sanctioning for our local kite club's events, enjoy the magazine and take full advantage of the membership's discount whenever possible. We would be willing to do more as volunteers within the organization if we didn't have such demanding full time jobs!

Yes I am. I even carry my "AKA Certified Kite Pilot" card in my wallet.

(ducks & covers -ready for any & all certified kite pilot digs) ;)

Do you carry it next to your AV club card and your hall pass too??? :devil::devil:

Back to the topic......I am a member of AKA and wholly support them and take advantage of the magazine, discounts, etc.

Love the idea that they will be active on this board as it seems plainly clear that more often now, Revs have become much more visible at festivals and comps everywhere.

The reason I had discontinued my membership a few years back was that the AKA used to be able to provide insurance whenever you wanted to fly. They ammended that to only at santioned events or recognized local club flies. Since most of the time I am flying at neither, it was just one more of too many membership payments.

This also brings up the fact that I bought 3 new revs this year, the discount would have more than paid for the membership!

Yes I am. I even carry my "AKA Certified Kite Pilot" card in my wallet.

(ducks & covers -ready for any & all certified kite pilot digs) ;)

My father and I used to wear The Kite Company hats and shirts with a STACK :P of The Kite Company's (Newport Or.) buisness cards in our pockets when we flew (Dual line). Along with our A.K.A. membership cards.

At least your addiction is kept decreat for the most part :lol:

Dean