UK Gathering,,,,Winter Rev flyers break,,,

big bri

PLEASE NOTE,Dates have been Revised,to Sat 21st/Sun 22nd

Hello sports fans.

As some are now aware.Ther has been some rumblings about a gethering again this year of Rev flyers .NOT AN EVENT,,,,,Gathering

The Gathering at Dunstable a few years ago was a realy kewl idea and one we should try and do more often outa season.Its a long wait until next years calendar starts and we all get together.Thats if we arent spread all over the globe doing events and our own thing.Winters are a pain over here.Long and depressing at times.but it does give us a chance to get it on.With some of the Top guys in our sport free to help and teach[pritty please].Who would be doing events and stuff in summer.

The Dunstable gathering realy helped many people in many ways.Helped people of all skill levels.Helped people come outa ther shells,Make some great freinds,put faces and names together.Im sure anyone that was fortunate enough to be ther would agree and i hope would wana do it all again and bring some some new folks along.We all started somewher and learning with a large group of mixed levels is a Fast Track way to move up a few steps on the ladder.

ALL ARE WELCOME,The more the better.A day trip on either days is also kewl for anyone who cant make the full weekend.

Im blameing Bob[stone in shoe]for wetting our appetite for more.He did such a great job with the Org of the Dunstable Gathering.His patience was legendary and hes mentioned he [and others]would like a trip up North for a weekend and do a similar gathering again.Thers been a few folk now asked if i [ME],would get the idea moving. They have asked abouta visit to Ainsdale beech near Southport.Its wher we fly regular as a team most Saturdays.,,,,

ok,im up for it and all the agravation it may bring.Ive done some ground work already

Heres the plan so far.

Dates are

November,Saturday 21st,Sunday 22nd.Tides are checked and are ok for Ainsdale beech.Some may wana arrive Friday 20th also.

Two days beech flying as a group.Split into teams of all levels or what everyone feels they would like to get from the weekend

We have some Gazebos and shelters sorted.Cars can park free at the beech and you can fly streight from your boot or store your kit in Our pop ups and team tents.

Its November,so plann on cold and wet clothing.That said.We do get some great weather on this coast for the time of year.Bring a Camera,an open mind and no egos please.

Im sure ther will be enough experienced pilots along to help.I hope we can tempt some team Captains...Hint hint Felix,Stephen,Simon,,,,,,,,

I have talked with several local Hotels and B&Bs in and around a 5 min drive to Ainsdale beech.Good locations at reasonable prices.

B&Bs on the same street.Within 20yds of eachother.Thers a good selection of rooms,singles,doubles,twins and family rooms.

The Premier Lodges are ok,but i think exspensive.Hotels are also.

The B&Bs are all nice.Located near all Southports DITRACTIONS.The proprietors are aware of us and kean to help.

Ive spoken with a local Indian Restraunt and Chinese[in English...lol].Thers several pubs on the street wher we will be based.Along with shops for bits and bobs.

A typical twin room.Two nights bed and breakfast[English]£50-£55 for the weekend ,per person.I will post links and info once i have an idea of definate numbers.

The beech,A few clips to give an idea of space.The second one i think was November three years ago.

Southport Map

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sourceid=nav...le&resnum=1

Some local History

http://www.visitsouthport.com/

OK,Anyone fancy it.I have some definates already

Please give a Yeah and i can get some link up for the Travel and Accomadation for you soon

Its eight weeks WAY to the dates,and i hope we can all fly and have a ball.

LIST OF FLYERS SO FAR CONFIRMED

Sailor 99

Hippie Chippie

Bob

Jonesey +1

Bruce +1

David E

Richard

Kevin the beard

Paul

Boston Frank

Pudders

Clare

Dave B

Mike B

Neil E

Andy Scott

Marty Juggles

Big Bri

Simon

Bryan B

Peter +3

Balloo

Mrs Balloo

BRIAN...

Edited by big bri

Great idea Brian. Unfortunately the family Hoath will not be able to make this one. It's a real shame because it's a fabulous beach with enough space for 100 rev fliers :devil:

I hope it all goes well and look forward to seeing all the photos.

Stephen

Definitely a great idea! Who ever would have though that there might be a need for space for 100 fliers... <grins>

My correspondence with LOCOG is proceeding apace through the bureaucratic hoops. I may be getting closer to contacting a real person though. The next few days may be telling.

My STACK card is freshly minted so that is another base covered, if needs be.

I will have to check the company diary in the morning to see if there is any possibility of actually attending the event. Here's hoping.

Felix

My correspondence with LOCOG is proceeding apace through the bureaucratic hoops. I may be getting closer to contacting a real person though. The next few days may be telling.

My STACK card is freshly minted so that is another base covered, if needs be.

I doubt it, kite flying isn't recognised as a sport by the sports councils, one of the action items for me this year is to try again (STACK have applied twice in the past and failed - I am led to believe it was because we do not have enough members to be taken seriously).

Good luck though.

Hi fellas,

Great start so far..Seems you Southern softes arent so soft realy.

Im Just back from Southport on MOOOOCH..

I will start a total or List.After the weekend.Then get some Accommadation details up also.

Ive just sorted a big Mother of a Tent/Marque from a freind.Dont worry,its for Brewing and chatting in.Not sleeping

BRIAN

I doubt it, kite flying isn't recognised as a sport by the sports councils, one of the action items for me this year is to try again (STACK have applied twice in the past and failed - I am led to believe it was because we do not have enough members to be taken seriously).

Good luck though.

My communication is about using 100 kites to 'represent' the 5 ring logo.

There is no associated claim.

Felix

OK,Sounds good.Thanks for the input people and patience

Dates now changed to

November,Saturday 21st,Sunday 22nd..Which brings the dates forward one week.I hope everyone is kewl with this.

I have checked the tides again and ther OK.Ive also checked with the Guesthouses and all is good.

Job done then

I will post Guesthouses later and a good map.

Thanks

BRIAN.,.

Edited by big bri

DAMN, new dates mean we can't come... :(

OK,Sounds good.Thanks for the input people and patience

Dates now changed to

November,Saturday 21st,Sunday 22nd..Which brings the dates forward one week.I hope everyone is kewl with this.

I have checked the tides again and ther OK.Ive also checked with the Guesthouses and all is good.

Job done then

I will post Guesthouses later and a good map.

Thanks

BRIAN.,.

Well,the dates are now set.Sorry if it doesnt work for ya.A definate hazard is that it wont be kewl for everyone.

So,November 21st Saturday and 22nd Sunday,Some may require the Friday also-20th Friday.

Here are a couple of the guesthouses i have spoken with.Ther fully aware of what we are doing [old guys playing on a beech...lol].

The Copplehouse-Helen and Chris are a realy nice couple.The rooms and guesthouse are i think ideal.Parking is free infront of the Guesthouse.Which is a real bonus in Southport.Double Yellows a T wardens everywher.They have,3 twins,3 doubles and one single.The cost for the weekend[2 nights b&b]£55 per person the single is a little more£30.Please mention the Kites,me or what we are doing in Southport/Ainsdale and ask for the reduced rates

Link and info here- http://www.thecopplehouse.co.uk/

The Cresent House-Chris Harrison is a nice Lady.Fully aware of us and what we are doing.Parking again is Free infront of the Guesthouse.The Guesthouse is directly across the road from the First Guesthouse.Ideal location.Ther are,2 twins,3 doubles,2 family double,3 singles.Cost is slightly less at £50 for two nights bed and breakfast.Chris didnt give me any increase for a single.Bonus.Please mention,Myself, Kites/and what we are doing in Southport/Ainsdale, to refresh Chris,s memory and to get the reduced rates

http://www.crescenthousehotel.co.uk/

CARAVANERS

The site below i have used and can reccommend.Superb location for Ainsdale and all the local attractions.Cleanest site ive ever used anywher.Its streight forward to find also and on a great link road.Freindly run site.I think some others maybe on with you that are away on Hols atm

http://www.willowbankcp.co.uk/

Please let me know how you get on Booking

DAY TRIPPERS,

Anyone wanting to Day Trip are very welcome.The above Guesthouses do a single nights stay if that is required.

People who just wana drive in for a day trip.The links and Motorways are very good.I will post Localised directions soon

Trains,Again are super in location to the venue.Well within walking distance or i can arrange a pick up at the station.

Airport,Liverpools easy Jet,again not very far from Southport/Ainsdale.Airport collection im sure we can sort and help.

Anyone need anything like,Local Church for Sunday mass,Picking up at the Train Station,Airport.Special Dietry Requests.Hospital ,Chemist Rota and wana keep it private.Please use my e mail and i will help all i can.

[email protected]

I will post a Google map and some Localised directions soon.Along with some other intresting info.

I will also post some times ,ideas,food and drink venues that may suit our gathering

All have a good weekend.I hope many more can come along and benefit in many ways, from a Freindly gathering of Like Minded LOOOOONATICS...lol

BRIAN...

Edited by big bri

Kewl,i beleive thers other bookings already when i spoke to them earlier ..... :)

Should be good.All of us in close to everything.Southport is a realy nice place to visit.Theyve spent tens of Millions on reconstruction and Modernisation.Quite a trendy area,with some old worldly,quirky place to visit.Not at all a Typical seaside town.

Thers a large amount of large open space in Southport.Its not all sand.Thers some big open green areas also.Big on water sports.Marine Lake has Yatch club and Water skiers.Its certainly a popular Golf area.Naturalist Paradise.Bird Watching Heaven.

Southport has a very large beech.Easy walking distance from the Guesthouses.The sand ther tends to be Tacky,sticky.A little like Mud almost.Ther are better green areas that i would prefare to use if i was ther flying.

Ainsdale which is 4 mile away,is completely diffrent.Fine sand with dunes.The beech is Miles long and very,very wide.The tide leaves pools that are great to fly over or use as obsticles and tests of nerve.Ther only ankle deep though.When the wind blows out to sea,its a treat to showboat skimming waves.We love Ainsdale to fly at and respect the area.Have a great relationship with the Wardens and other users of the beech.Thers a regular bunch that come and watch us now.I think weve become an Attraction without actually realising it.Weird somtimes when ya turn around and thers folk videoing and clicking away at ya.

Ther can be as many as Fifty Power kiters,20 blow carts and other flyers sometimes at weekends.Dont worry though.thers MASSES of room for everyone.Room has never even been a thought,consideration.Even in high summer.The Big Kites[best way to put it]have a beech area of ther own and dont encroach on the Best side or our bit[miles of our bit]

The lads up here are quite excited about the Gathering.I hope they can consentrate at Tomorrows team Practice.

BRIAN...