RIP Barnacle Bill

rcom714

In NJ today at Liberty State Park, Paul Dugard and I, along with Sammy, went to fly kites. Did I mention it was blowing 30 easy and steady with gusts over 40. :o Oh yeah, it was raining pretty good too!!!!!!

Some of you have seen my beloved Barnacle Bill. So named because he has wrapped himself up pretty good around some barnacle encrusted pilings. Also many roofs, and other assorted sharp edges. Heheheheheh!!!!!

As JB, Bazzer and Ben have all noted, it looks like a kite that has been flown with a lot of love!

Today tho, he met his match......

Sammy didn't fly (WIMP!!!!!!!!!!!!) but he did shoot some iphone vid which he will post when the Sabbath ends tomorrow but for now here are a few pics snapped on my blackberry.

Have a laugh..............post-1822-1252710705_thumb.jpgpost-1822-1252710719_thumb.jpg[

attachment=5920:IMG00076__2_.jpg]post-1822-1252710753_thumb.jpgpost-1822-1252710780_thumb.jpg

Guess it's time to up the global rev count some more. :devil:

post-1822-1252710738_thumb.jpg

Mel, I already made the same offer, I told him to give it to Paul and have him bring it by on the way home...

I think a nice pink patch could fix that kite up nicely! :lol:

-Alden

That's what I was sayin', honey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, did you see the SDULs that Scott and I built?????

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2031...mp;l=6b3f3ad2e5

Hi Rich-

Great job!!!!3.gif

I know I made the decision not to be out there if it was too bad, but damn, I wish I was there!!!! Between Barnicle Bill's demise and Paul D breaking his 3 and 4 wrap together (while being doubled up!!!!)10.gif, I missed some good stuff!!!!

From what I understand, Paul's bridle went and then the LE.... I wonder how loud it was!!!

Bummer..... we do have the weekend at Rockaway, though.

Hi MelnSctnLaurel-

How's everything? Coming to Rockaway? 11.gif

Nice SDUL!!! You have to try the Zen when you get a chance.... it truly is AMAZING!!!!

Hey guys

sabbath is over and its time to give you what rich wants lol.

IT was crazy windy as rich said and even though i did not fly but was out there i can still say i didnt break my kite so lets see:

Paul breaks 2 rods

Rich breaks 1 sail

Sammy breaks nothing.

So i think i still win!

http://rapidshare.com/files/279280757/rev_rich.mov.html

pm me yr addy if u want the file its to large for this server.