animated avatars

dazlarsen

This isn't the first animated avatar thread I've seen. The normal responses seem to be programs that cost about the same as a JB or pro kite. If I may put in the pot the program I use, its a free, open source program called GIMP. You can read about it and download it free at gimp.org. It's not free ware, a demo, or ad supported. I'm told it will do most of the same things as Photoshop. It also works on several operating systems. My animated gifs could be much better if I put more time into them but they are all from pictures of my own kites so I like them. At least now you have more choices.

This isn't the first animated avatar thread I've seen. The normal responses seem to be programs that cost about the same as a JB or pro kite. If I may put in the pot the program I use, its a free, open source program called GIMP. You can read about it and download it free at gimp.org. It's not free ware, a demo, or ad supported. I'm told it will do most of the same things as Photoshop. It also works on several operating systems. My animated gifs could be much better if I put more time into them but they are all from pictures of my own kites so I like them. At least now you have more choices.

Thanks Mr.Denny I will have a look and get back to you

thanks again

Just please make the animation subtle and not bright and blinking. I hate that.

Sorry Jeff ... will change mine to a night fly version ;)

I just use photoshop or Illustrator ... concept is pretty much the same ..frame by frame ... stop animation for beginners! ....

drop me a line if you want a hand Daz ;)