Membership in Kite Organizations?

airin

OK, as a newbie, I'm a bit boggled by the various options when it comes to kite organizations. There's the AKA, my locak BCKA and Revguild for starters and the of course various and other groups that all look very worthwhile. What are the benefits of joining groups like these and are there some more than others that folks here would recommend joining?

thanks,

Erin

AKA is the "parent" kite organization for the US, although it has members from all over the world.

Their benefits - http://aka.kite.org/?mbrship.shtml

I've been a member non-stop for 19 years, and their annual convention is my favorite event of the year.

==

RevGuild is a Rev-specific kite club based in the NW USA, but also has members from all over the place.

Their benefits - http://www.revguild.org/about#benefits

With both store and clinic discounts, membership pays for itself if you're a serious Rev flier.

I've also been a member of RevGuild since the club started in January. :)

==

Although they also have members in other parts of the world, organizations like BCKA, AOK, WKA etc are typically focused on more regional and regular functions like fun flies, holiday parties, local kite news, workshops, etc... Fantastic if you're looking to meet up with other locals, and staying informed on coming events.

Far as I know, all kite clubs welcome visiting fliers at most of their flying events...

Nothing like going to talking to the folks yourself, see what they're all about, and if the club is a good fit for you. ;)

Hope that helps a bit?