Bristol 2009

Felix

What does this mean exactly? Given the 'problems' experienced by fliers and public alike at Portsmouth does this mean somewhere safe has been provided for Revolution kites to fly at Bristol and if so, is this where Rev' folks and teams could meet and practice?

Hi there, this might be a good opportunity to join STACK, it's well worth it for the insurance alone, but there are other benefits as well. Plus you get to use the safe flying area all weekend.

The team at STACK are a great bunch and don't forget it is not just about competition although why not try it? As far as i am aware STACK have, and can again call on the skills of Mr Robertshaw (x2) and Chris Goff for coaching if there is enough demand. I have also told Keith (STACK National Director) that I would be very happy to do some coaching in the off season if there was sufficient demand.

There are so few kiters out there that we should stick together, no matter how many lines we have. I know that most of us enjoy flying a wide range of kites. Whilst the kite festivals are not organised exclusively for our benefit we musn't forget how much hard work goes into organising these events. My personal view is that I cannot do without kite festivals but they can do without me very easily.

Anyway, give it some thought. You never know when we might need a national body to start supporting us as fliers (think about kite being banned in parks) and STACK are well placed to do that.

Here endeth the sales pitch for STACK

ps. no i don't get a kick back on the membership fees but i might suggest it to Keith :devil:

Thanks Hezz,

I haven't received a reply from the Bristol organisers yet but I guess the F.A. post tells Rev' fliers all they need to know.

I would appreciate it if everyone could take a moment to consider the consequences of 'bad-mouthing' other people on a public forum.

Please desist immediately.

I hope to have further information about arrangements at Bristol soon and will relay them here if possible.

Thanks

Felix

[EDIT] This message was not directed at HippyChippy's post directly. The Bristol organisers are however in the loop and should not really be expected to reply IMHO to the question asked in the context of the FA comment. FJM

Edited by Felix Mottram

Well, it looks like arrangements have already been amended:

http://www.fracturedaxel.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9316

Enjoy your time in the arena chaps! and don't forget to support STACK :) they are trying to bring people together not 'factionalise' groups...

Hezz

Just to clarify... The Decs will take their traditional corner of the SLK arena as 'invited guests' of the festival. All being well we will converge with the other Rev fliers in arena 3 at the designated times subject to conditions on the day.

Felix

Just to clarify... The Decs will take their traditional corner of the SLK arena as 'invited guests' of the festival. All being well we will converge with the other Rev fliers in arena 3 at the designated times subject to conditions on the day.

Felix

The weather forecast looks promising at this stage.

See you all 10:00am on Saturday <grins>

Don't be late...

Felix

I will be there, not so sure about the Saturday though, oh nor the 10:00 am bit.

The official start time of the festival on Saturday is 11:00am. I usually try to get on the field by 10:00am anyway. The wind direction on Saturday is forecast from the NE which I think is good on all the arenas.

I just looked at the site on Multimap in order to get my head around the actual location of the site after 'how many years' <grins>

Felix

[EDIT I will not be in Ibiza on Friday. It was too complicated...]

Edited by Felix Mottram

I'll be there, just started Rev flying and looking forward to meeting other flyers. Will be flying (my only) rev in my avatar both days hopefully.

Jon

Jon ...

Welcome .... look forward to meeting you this weekend.... mind you flying a purple B might make you hard to find as they are common as muck these days .. even I have one :lol:

Welcome Jon - bet you go home after Bristol with another one ;) Looking forward to meeting you

Hmmm! Looks like we may need our running shoes on Saturday morning given the most recent http://www.metcheck.com forecast.

Oh well, it is traditional at Bristol for the early autumn anticyclone to have lodged itself over the whole country.

Looks like Dublin may be under the same spell <grins>

Felix

All,

Just a quick update on the third arena, looks like we have a press person wanting to 'have a go' on Sunday morning. I've indicated that it'll have to be first thing and we should be clear of the arena by 10:30. Doesn't really affect Rev fliers but thought I'd keep you in the loop, didn't realise how many of you are here and not in 'that other place'.

This might generate some publicity for EuroCup so it's important to STACK.

Otherwise the timetable is:

Saturday - basic flying day

STACK will be running 1 hour taster lessons for novice fliers, just like we did at Portsmouth. Starting at 11am.

Arena for rev fliers only before 11am, and between 1 and 2

Sunday - trick flying day

This'll be a trick clinic / better flying day in the morning, and our normal Bristol mega trickout from 2pm. I'm sure Bryan will be there to help, and you will all help each other out as normal.

Again arena for rev fliers only from 1 til 2

If you get any grief from two line fliers let me know and I'll (try and) sort it, and vica versa.

Thanks

Hello all

Hope the sun shines and the wind blows for all going to Bristol.Have a great time and I hope to catch up with a few of you at the next festival.I am meeting a few other rev flyers this weekend hoping to improve the team flying.

All the best and have fun

Keep up the good work...

Looks like the forecast is better now for Saturday in Bristol.

Felix

looking forward to meeting some rev pilots . i will be there sunday weather looks good, no hair and a b1 thats me :lol:

Hi 'Dunc in Devon',

We look forward to meeting with you on the field!

I am thinking that we should go for a mass ascension in the 3rd arena as soon after 1pm as is possible on both days if the conditions are OK.

We may be able to work on refinements after that! Who knows what we may achieve.

It would be good to know how many fliers would be available to go for the Mexican Wave at the outset...

Felix

Hmmm! Looks like we may need our running shoes on Saturday morning given the most recent http://www.metcheck.com forecast.

Oh well, it is traditional at Bristol for the early autumn anticyclone to have lodged itself over the whole country.

Looks like Dublin may be under the same spell <grins>

Felix

Which is why we have our new Sexy Printed Icarex 1.5's (did we mention those yet :wub: )

And why I've just spent an evening making 50lbs line sets again !!! I need some child labour to do this for me :devil:

Hi Felix, Great idea look out for the bald pilot .The 3rd arena has got to be the one .See you sunday.... :blue-cool: be great , fed up with flying on my own with only seagulls for company.....

Bald pilot?? you need to narrow it down a little... there's a few of us around :lol:

I will be the old, fat, bald, ugly pilot probably wearing a pink shirt ;)

Which is why we have our new Sexy Printed Icarex 1.5's (did we mention those yet )

And why I've just spent an evening making 50lbs line sets again !!! I need some child labour to do this for me

We just fly the 1's as usual! No problem... <Grins>

Felix