Bristol 2009

Felix

If there are teams and individual fliers expecting to attend Bristol please let me know. We should try to co-ordinate a presentation... <grins>

Ad hoc or otherwise...

Thanks

Felix

In spirit for sure, geographically not so much

Yep ... I'm there .. what you planning??

Monday at Portsmouth was excellent for us fledgling teams and 'individuals' so it would be great to go to a festival knowing there was a time/place we could all gather for a bit of mega team fun or accelerated learning :)

Yep ... I'm there .. what you planning??

Monday at Portsmouth was excellent for us fledgling teams and 'individuals' so it would be great to go to a festival knowing there was a time/place we could all gather for a bit of mega team fun or accelerated learning :)

I think that initially we should aim at something informal early on in the day on both days. Totally dependant on conditions, of course <grins>

Felix

At the risk of being completely Off Topic... ;)

Cut 'n' pasted from the Bristol International Kite Festival programme 2009...

Arena 3 will be a sport kite demonstration area

What does this mean exactly? Given the 'problems' experienced by fliers and public alike at Portsmouth does this mean somewhere safe has been provided for Revolution kites to fly at Bristol and if so, is this where Rev' folks and teams could meet and practice?

What does 'sport kite demonstration area' mean for us exactly?

"Sport kite arena" normally used by the likes of STACK UK, Fractured Axel, etc. for 2 line / trick flying and sometimes they have competitions in there. Good luck trying to get use of it. Maybe you should email Avril and ask what the constraints are on that arena, who knows she might allocate a specific time for you guys to use it for a mega fly.

Meanwhile, The Flying Squad will be off enjoying the Dublin kite festival, have fun without us!

Hezz

• Like 1

This topic is entitled "Bristol, Who Will Be There"?

Discussion about "tangling lines at Stokes Bay" is completely O.T. and should be started in a new thread... or more sensibly, a round of emails to the usual suspects?

NOT being 'off topic' as I mention us being there after SB...

Also, seeing as the first post also talks about doing some form of presentation, and I'd like to be able to join in, mentioning SB as an aside, seemed like an ok thing to do...

And anyway, I'd like to fly with people who maybe are not on the 'usual suspects' list, although, after this weekend I feel jaded enough to just walk away from it all with my little one liner flying along behind me...

Edited by Mr Git

Maybe you should email Avril and ask what the constraints are on that arena, who knows she might allocate a specific time for you guys to use it for a mega fly.

Have done. Will keep potential Bristol goers posted here.

Good Luck to the Flying Squids in Dublin. I'll be sending peaceful, fairer world vibes - just as well our Rev's aren't made in China after all eh?

NOT being 'off topic' as I mention us being there after SB...

Also, seeing as the first post also talks about doing some form of presentation, and I'd like to be able to join in, mentioning SB as an aside, seemed like an ok thing to do...

And anyway, I'd like to fly with people who maybe are not on the 'usual suspects' list, although, after this weekend I feel jaded enough to just walk away from it all with my little one liner flying along behind me...

I met with Tine at Portsmouth. I hope that you will both be able to join in whatever we can put together at Bristol. I suspect that there will be fewer fliers than at Portsmouth so it may actually be easier to find space early on in the day to see what we can accomplish. I do not know what the 3rd Field is about precisely at this stage but I EDIT [would have thought] that Avril will expect us to claim time in it after the provision that was made last year set the precedent for this event.

Please do go and 'prepare' at SB. I think that is an appropriate 'aside' but do not need to get involved in forum etiquette. <grins>

Thanks

Felix

Edited by Felix Mottram

...... and almost certainly give the dualies something else to whinge about :)

That won't be hard they've always got something to moan about. The truth is, all that trick stuff they do, Joe Public just doesn't get it, yet all we have to do is a Dive Stop to draw a gasp, makes them So Mad. :devil:

Don't despair folks. I recall that last year a lot of the rev flying, including the dry run mega set-ups, took place outside of the designated 3rd arena because the wind was cleaner there. We'll find enough room and almost certainly give the dualies something else to whinge about :)

I do not think that there will be anywhere near the numbers that flew last year either so we should be fine. It would be good if everyone arrives 'early' though, as with last year!

Felix