WSIKF, 2010

kitecowboy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree..... never to early to plan for next year ..... i can see it all now... if we had 65 rev flyers at the festival ( not in the mega fly but kicking around the beach ) maybe we might hit 80 or dare i say a 100 ... well that might be a little over the top but it would be cool

but with bart candice and joe coming that makes 2 1/2 more bodies in line

if you are going to camp let us know we may be helpful in that area

i agree with paul that post festival depression is a killer .... we have one more festival to attend on whidbey island just across the border later in september .... it will be the last of the season for most of us

a beautiful spot and a really fun event ... now we just hope for wind and no rain

we are also preplanning for swift current it will be fun to see how many rev flyers show up there as well ... so much to look forward to :) :) :) :) :) :)

cheers

terry w

island quad

Paul has a way about getting his way.

Phone call went like this. "You have two choices. The easy way, riding up front with me, or the hard way. Duct taped and thrown in the trunk. You'll get a water break every two hours."

Unfortunately no mention of food or bathroom breaks in there. What can a guy do?

I'm off to his place on Friday for the Edmonton festival/fun fly whatever it turns out to be so we're going to hammer out some details to see how we can make this work on a reasonable budget. I'm sure we can and no trunk involved. I'm not sleeping in a tent though (or a shed).

I'm happy to hear that you are already planning for Windscape next year. I've been thinking about it lately as well and wondering if we could get 20 revs in the air. Eleven this year. Maybe a stretch, maybe not.

I'm still planning on Vancouver the week before Windscape too. That was may original "big trip" for 2010. Already had some pre-planning going on for a road trip out to it. Would be a busy week. Should have no issues sleeping when it is over since I should be beat! Might need to plan a BBQ in there for Windscape too. Busy busy, maybe selling those kites like I was going to do would have been easier/cheaper!!! lol.

Bart

hey you can always plan to go to florida on martin luther weekend in january for the treasure island kite festival lots of fun to be had there and nice warm weather in jan nice break from rest of country

Dont worry I've been giving that some thought, and south padre also sounds like a nice mid winter break.

p.s. Terry, no facebook yet? your missing some cool pics.

hey you can always plan to go to florida on martin luther weekend in january for the treasure island kite festival lots of fun to be had there and nice warm weather in jan nice break from rest of country

I'm In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):)

I watched online as reservations for August 15, 2010 were booked up as early as July 3rd, 2009! I was afraid there weren't going to be any units left by July 15th! Our club lets us book 13 months in advance. So I made reservations at our other resort 10 miles north in Ocean Park (cheaper) for August 3rd, moving down to LB on the 15th for the week.

John, I have a 3 bedroom, maximum occupancy 8, and a one bedroom max occupancy 4 so far......

On a waitlist list if anyone cancels, so may be able to pick up more space between now and next year.

I highly recommend if anyone is planning or thinking about going....make a motel reservation EARLY! Ask what their cancellation policy is if you need to cancel. Better to have something locked in now, just in case!

T

I highly recommend if anyone is planning or thinking about going....make a motel reservation EARLY! Ask what their cancellation policy is if you need to cancel. Better to have something locked in now, just in case!

T

The same for RV reservations. We made ours before we left.

I watched online as reservations for August 15, 2010 were booked up as early as July 3rd, 2009! I was afraid there weren't going to be any units left by July 15th! Our club lets us book 13 months in advance. So I made reservations at our other resort 10 miles north in Ocean Park (cheaper) for August 3rd, moving down to LB on the 15th for the week.

John, I have a 3 bedroom, maximum occupancy 8, and a one bedroom max occupancy 4 so far......

On a waitlist list if anyone cancels, so may be able to pick up more space between now and next year.

T

I am set for next year... made them before I left town.. yeah

iQuad will be six-strong at 2010 WSIKF, probably without any support from the organizers due to the fact they don't generally do recurring invites... Also, we'll be camped just south of the Sid Snyder approach for most of the week due to space requirements.

It is so cool that so many people are travelling in for WSIKF. I really enjoyed all those East Coasters. I used to be one.

I am all set for 2010.

BTW if you have an RV and no kids and are an "ancient Rever" like me you might want to check out Peggs RV Park. it was only 35% occupied this year during the festival. It is a beach front property about 5 miles North. We also have a great day after party there on Monday after the festival.

I have a room booked for the iWobble gang here in Canada. As the plan currently sits we arrive there on the Sunday before (the 15th) and leave on the Monday after it is all over (the 23rd). If I've managed to screw up the dates for 2010 someone let me know!

I'm going willingly. The kidnapping Paul threatened wasn't to my liking. He is still talking about it so it must have been fun.

I've never had a full week of kite flying. Should be interesting. I wonder if Paul and Candace know I sleep in the nude... and sleep walk a lot... :blink:

Bart

iQuad will be six-strong at 2010 WSIKF, probably without any support from the organizers due to the fact they don't generally do recurring invites... Also, we'll be camped just south of the Sid Snyder approach for most of the week due to space requirements.

I support you :) :) he he...

and have a bedroom for you and TK :)

Yep, Sid Snyder side should have plenty of room to spread out. I've been referring folks to The Edgewater, as it's the closest motel.

:)

We're going to be attempting this trip from a standpoint of spending not much money. Any other way would kill it for us. A lot of things to save money for in the next year now. Will be an interesting year to make it all happen! I'm looking forward to it though. Just heard so many good things from people to not go next year.

Bart