Ultra no snag Handles

bazzeb

Just thought I would share with you my now complete set of ultra no snag handles

starting from mirror polished to

purple,blue,gold and red anodised

all have a groove modification for the leaders to sit in making the line flush with the handle (all credit to Gary of The Flying Squad for the groove suggestion)

Baz

post-2124-1250680852_thumb.jpg

all have a groove modification for the leaders to sit in making the line flush with the handle (all credit to Gary of The Flying Squad for the groove suggestion)

Heh. I tried the Rev no-snag handles at Wildwood back in May and told Ben that I'd only order a set if Walt could add a groove for the line so my fingers weren't constly rubbing against 'em!

He told me that I could have anything I wanted...for a price. Never got around to asking what the price might be!

These look pretty perfect to me.

... starting from mirror polished to

Baz

Great job!!! They look fantastic.

I assume that the polished set has not been anodized ... yes?

Your anodizing looks great. Your results look much better than I was able to obtain. In fact, I struggled with the color part of the process so much, that most of mine are clear anodized.

The groove is a good addition. However, when the cooler weather approaches, you'll find your thumb getting very cold ... aluminum is a great conductor of heat ... it conducts the heat right out of your thumb. As others have suggested, a 3/8" vinyl end cap with a single hole punched in it and slid over the top of the handle makes a great insulator and helps with the padding. Yes, I know, it covers up some of the color and makes the handles seem a little more cluttered ... but, function before form!!!

Again, great job!!

Cheers,

Tom

Great job!!! They look fantastic.

I assume that the polished set has not been anodized ... yes?

Your anodizing looks great. Your results look much better than I was able to obtain. In fact, I struggled with the color part of the process so much, that most of mine are clear anodized.

The groove is a good addition. However, when the cooler weather approaches, you'll find your thumb getting very cold ... aluminum is a great conductor of heat ... it conducts the heat right out of your thumb. As others have suggested, a 3/8" vinyl end cap with a single hole punched in it and slid over the top of the handle makes a great insulator and helps with the padding. Yes, I know, it covers up some of the color and makes the handles seem a little more cluttered ... but, function before form!!!

Again, great job!!

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks Jeepster for your comments

you are correct the polished set has not been anodised

the anodising was done professionally not by me

The cooler weather side of things wont be a problem as i suffer with my fingers in the cold so wont be out flying

I tend to be a fine weather flier

again thanks for your comments

Baz

Edited by BAZ

Just thought I would share with you my now complete set of ultra no snag handles

starting from mirror polished to

Baz

post-2124-1250680852_thumb.jpg

Wow Baz those are Ultra cool, they deserve to go on the COOL WALL B)

Just imagin eif you could get a team set colur co ordinated would that be SUB ZERO B)

And if some special got a Purple Set :wub:

only thing ... Lime green leaders NO !! Colour co ordinated leaders :)

Wow Baz those are Ultra cool, they deserve to go on the COOL WALL B)

Just imagin eif you could get a team set colur co ordinated would that be SUB ZERO B)

And if some special got a Purple Set :wub:

only thing ... Lime green leaders NO !! Colour co ordinated leaders :)

Funny you should mention the Purple..... I know someone who has some :P

Yes Me. B)

Ok so we know Blue, Purple & Red... Who gets "GOLD Handles...

The man with the golden handles

Will get it done

He'll out-fly anyone

With his golden gun's.

He's the man, the man with the Golden Handles

Sung to the tune of The Man with the Golden, PS I have wayyyy too much time on my hands right now...

Please note equally applying to a woman.

Will get it done

He'll out-fly anyone

With his golden gun's.

Sung to the tune of The Man with the Golden, PS I have wayyyy too much time on my hands right now...

Hahahahaha! Awesome! (major Bond fan here)

Will get it done

He'll out-fly anyone

With his golden gun's.

I know B)