Reccomendations for a Bomb proof Dualie please.

Baloo

Oooops :wacko: .

Seems like i may have offended some peeps with my last post, but it was said tongue in cheek, with a wink and a smilie ;):)

If i did offend anyone, i apologise. :blushing:

I think i had better keep my big Yorkshire gob shut.

Derek.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She got us all into flying Revs, and there are plenty of other female proper kite flyers on here who you've left yourself open to a right roasting from! :devil:

Ouch Mike! :lol:

now who's in for a roasting ;)

You know what they say about red heads..... and I've seen her in action too :kid_devlish:

@ Wufer no offence taken here, I saw your smiley winks ;)

I like the idea of the dive, swirl, swoop and zip bit. They sound good. Thanks for the link Bri, I will have to go and have a look.

Oh BTW, anyone want to buy one of those Lidl quad line kites they had for sale a while ago, I bought a few of them and gave them away to friends just to annoy them.

Fairly sure I still have a couple left. Second thoughts maybe I should send them to JB for his next Kitelife giveaway.

Ouch Mike! :lol:

now who's in for a roasting ;)

You know what they say about red heads..... and I've seen her in action too :kid_devlish:

@ Wufer no offence taken here, I saw your smiley winks ;)

Being under the thumb... that post was Martine's idea!!!

Edited by Mr Git

At the moment 2 kite's on e bay worth looking at, 1st Flexifoil Psycho, very trickable and I found it to be very strong, coped with everything I put it through, and 2nd a Flexifoil Stranger ( bigger brother of the Psycho ) also very trickable and strong but not quite so easy to fly, both of these are classic kite's so might go for a good price, then again you may grab a bargain, happy hunting

Although the Psycho is the kite I first learned on back in 1995, it's not necessarily a good one for a beginner as it is very fast in high winds and light feeling (and too easy to trick) in lower winds. The Stranger is quite a big, heavy feeling kite and I never really gelled with it as a trick machine, the inputs required are quite big and prefer long arms. I would second the 'Beetle' as bulletproof and easy to learn on. Your wife will find the tactile feedback from flying the Beetle invaluable when learning how kites fly around the sky (figure of 8 turns, squares, etc) that she wouldn't get from the Psycho.

But I would still persevere with the Rev, just put on loads of brake so the kite can't fly very fast in any direction , and just get her taking off and landing repetitively to gain control and confidence. Oh, and fly in a huge open area well away from anyone else, to prevent her from worrying about crashing into anything / anyone. And reassure her "Don't worry, the kite won't break, no matter how hard you crash it into the ground". Most beginners will panic because they are worried about breaking something, if you tell them it won't happen then they will start to relax... and enjoy (hopefully)

Hezz

Thanks Hezz.

Would you be up for standing next to Una for a while at Portsmouth or Bristol if you could spare the time?

I would be more than happy if any of the more experienced and patient of you out there could spend some time with Una. It would be great if I could get the worry of flying with 4 lines out of her head.

I have a Psycho Chris,you could borrow with pleasure.Its a smashing kite of its day and great fun in a blow.Killed one once in a Tornado...lol.Not good for beginners though.The Stranger is a right handfull,A huge sail.Very old school,which is kewl.A classic realy.

The Level One Jump is fun and a good trick learner.Maybe a little fast for a new trick learner ,but the beatle is a cracking starter.,

The most underestimated kite ive flown.Probably because it suited me at the time,was the JJF by level one.Sky shark frame,so easy to repair.Pritty robust also.Look good to.

My 2Ps worth

BRIAN...

Thanks Bri, the JJF sounds interesting, as you say easy to repair.

Una just wants to have fun flying round the sky at the moment. If she got into tricking she would be better than me.

That would be good cuz then she could teach me a thing or two.