Reccomendations for a Bomb proof Dualie please.

Baloo

Hi all, my Wife managed to pop a top leading edge on my Prism Fanatic today :wacko: . Should be able to get it sorted no big deal.

Problem is she thinks she will break it again once it is fixed, and knows the value of my Sea Devil so will not fly that.

I want to get her a dualie, she recons the Revs are too complicated, she has tried but 2 lines are messing here about enough. I want her to fly with me when she wants to so dualie it looks like it has to be.

Any reccomendation please for Bomb proof ones, that will keep her interest and still be fun for me if she decides not to carry on.

Bear in mind I live in the UK and money is not to flush at the moment.

Thanks, Chris.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha. ha...those replies made me laugh....I guess you'd have to expect that on this forum.

Baloo, I have flow quite a few dualies back in the day but nowadays when I want to help someone connect to sport kites without overwhelming them I actually dig out my Prism Snapshot 1.4. No spars to break and the 1.4 is very agile, not at all lumbering like a lot of the traction foils, and it does not have the nasty drag-you-across-the-field pull that some foils have yet it still lets you know you are connected to the wind. I find this kite to be quite affordable and a lot of bang for not that much buck.

cheers,

Erin

A beetle is Absolutely the most indestructible decent Dual line, something a step up is the premier addiction and is pretty solid but uses tubes.

I'll add that I think Revs are the way to go these days for controlled flying. Duals are great for slack line but if your gonna do that then a beetle or other bomb proof kite aint gonna do that.

Not a direct answer to your question but a suggestion to solve it: Bring her to Portsmouth. We can all say hello to you both AND you can take her shopping at Kiteworld. Michael is bound to have the ideal kite, his advice is good and it involves SHOPPING. Bound to go down well, especially the last bit

Not a direct answer to your question but a suggestion to solve it: Bring her to Portsmouth. We can all say hello to you both AND you can take her shopping at Kiteworld. Michael is bound to have the ideal kite, his advice is good and it involves SHOPPING. Bound to go down well, especially the last bit

Popular with the SHOPPER, but not necessarily the TREASURER..... :wacko:

All good answers thanks.

Personaly I like the get her to fly a Rev idea best.

John, your idea might be sound. I have met Hezz a coule of times, must admit not sure who Susan is. I wouldLOVE her to fly Rev with me. Trouble is with good teachers she will be better than me in only an hour or so.

Jeremy, already got the jump on you with Kiteworld, dropped them a line Yesterday.

If she learns Rev it will let me fly too. With trying to learn dualie I am spending all my time righting the kite so she can take off.

Did look at the snapshot Erin, makes sense no spar to break. Going to see how she gets on with a foil today with any luck.

Will look at a Beetle Joe.

David form Sky Symphony kindly spent some time with her Yesterday. He was talking to me when the spar popped, my fault of course.

Thanks again folks.

All good answers thanks.

Personaly I like the get her to fly a Rev idea best.

John, your idea might be sound. I have met Hezz a coule of times, must admit not sure who Susan is. I wouldLOVE her to fly Rev with me. Trouble is with good teachers she will be better than me in only an hour or so.

Jeremy, already got the jump on you with Kiteworld, dropped them a line Yesterday.

If she learns Rev it will let me fly too. With trying to learn dualie I am spending all my time righting the kite so she can take off.

Did look at the snapshot Erin, makes sense no spar to break. Going to see how she gets on with a foil today with any luck.

Will look at a Beetle Joe.

David form Sky Symphony kindly spent some time with her Yesterday. He was talking to me when the spar popped, my fault of course.

Thanks again folks.

Just buy a Benson Deep Space lol and get her tricking with a proper trick kite not a Prism they break ya know B)

Susan Hoath, Stephen's wife. She is very talkative and doesn't miss a point. She is also an excellent competition judge.

Aha, makes sense now. Didnt know here name was Susan.

Anyway, Una had a go with one of my Rev 1's today, didnt break it which is good news.

She still thinks 4 lines are confusing, and I just dont have the skill to help her much.

I would second the Beetle from Flying Wings. We have sold plenty of them and hardly ever have any parts issues at all. To demo them, we slam them down nose first onto the floor of our shop. Probably the most indestructible kite on the market - and pretty fun to fly too. If you want to get something a little easier to fly then look at the Rock-On - also from Flying Wings. The Rock-On is built almost exactly like the Beetle except it has a two piece leading edge and two piece lower spreader so it can pack down much smaller. The best feature of the Rock-On is that it comes with a "roll cage" so you can relaunch the kite from virtually any crashed position easily. The Rock-On is not quite as bomb proof as the Beetle but still very durable.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Kent, just need to find where I can get one in the UK if that is the way I go.

I know you could send one ofer with no problem, trouble is I have found I need to buy at least 2 kites from the US to make it worth while on taxes and import and stuff.

Now if only I could find out the price of a Zen, just got to practice the excuse.

"Hi, you know I said I would get you a strong dualie, well found one, it comes with a free Rev, is that OK? I know you dont like flying 4 liners so I will just put it in my bag to keep it safe till you fancy trying it."

As an 'Honorary' Yorkshire woman (by marriage) Martine is less than impressed by Wufer's comments!!! :w/stupid:

She got us all into flying Revs, and there are plenty of other female proper kite flyers on here who you've left yourself open to a right roasting from! :devil:

As an 'Honorary' Yorkshire woman (by marriage) Martine is less than impressed by Wufer's comments!!! :w/stupid:

She got us all into flying Revs, and there are plenty of other female proper kite flyers on here who you've left yourself open to a right roasting from! :devil:

Susan did think the comments a little demeaning but i told her not to worry her pretty little head about it and she was ok. Off to sleep in the car now, goodnight

Susan did think the comments a little demeaning but i told her not to worry her pretty little head about it and she was ok. Off to sleep in the car now, goodnight

Old Yorkshire proverb:

Hear all.

See all.

Say Now't

Either that or get an air mattress and a shed heater!

I was delighted to see that Wufer appeared quite surprised his 'life partner' is a woman! I supposed with a nom de plume like 'wufer' he's just one 't' from having a perfectly understandable excuse ;)

BTW - there is no such thing as an 'Honorary Yorkshireman'. Either you were born one or you're in rehabilitation. ;)

Chris, have you considered on of these.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/part...text%3EKITE.htm

Not a trick kite but it will keep the missus happy, while you fly a proper kite :)

Wuferlady has one and she likes it better than my revs, mind you, she is a woman ;):) .

Derek.

Thanks for the thought Derek, I have already let her loose on The Bat, and she was the first to fly my Pro, yes even B4 me.

I do have a couple of soft foils about, just sort of conveniently not able to find them at the moment.

My thoughts are along the lines of, if I get her a decent kite then maybe she will let me play with it too. Then maybe I will get better at flying dualies too. Not that I am much good at Revs.

Would rather she learnt to fly Revs though, once you get the hang of them they are so much easier to relaunch.