Just off to Shrewsbury Kit Fest

Baloo

Hopefully should be a nice afternoon. Got some wind here anyway, just need some in Shrewsbury. And the rain to sta away with any luck.

Last Year when I got there it was gusting to 50mph by my wind thingy. Flew vented with 2 x 4 wrap rods. Think my arms got longer.

Anyway, if anyone else on here is going I am easy to find, just look for the Orange Land Rover 110.

Cheers for now.

Had a good time, gusty winds, spent most of the afternoon with B vented with Race Rods, sweeeet.

Shame my wife managed to pop one of the leading edge rods in my Prism Fanatic, still things arnt new for ever, actually this one was bought by Ben in 2000 so not new at all. Sure I can find a replacement rod so all will be well.

Anyway hopefully off to another kite meet in worcester tomorrow afternoon.

Sorry mate, the Shrewsbury one is on Kitecalender so didnt think to mail it.

The other one I think will be small and local, never flown with the Worcester Allcester forlks, have allways been up there the wrong weekend B4.

Will let you know how I get on. The flying site is not the best, got quite a lot of trees round it.

Anyway hopefully off to another kite meet in worcester tomorrow afternoon.

Hello Baloo

The weather sure was great for Shrewsbury and Worcester wasn't it, hope you had a good time...

It was fantastic for the wedding @ Dumbleton too :D

Sorry we didn't get away from Broadway in time to meet you though,

weather was great, interesting wind for flying at Broadway Tower today and @ Dumbleton hall yesterday :blue-love:

Edit for added piccie here

Edited by Choccy

Looks cool PP.

Yep, had a good weekend, wind was a bit light today, however got some good flying time in on a Sedge with Race rods.

Also helped a new Revver by putting his rods on the right side of the kite. He was suprised at the difference.

Ah,,,,,Shrewsbury.........

Lynn and I were passing through there in 1999, when there was as "Town Cryer" convention and competition.

Hear ye, Hear ye, That was a good time................

Jim, How the Devil are you and Lynn ,hope we can get to fly again soon my freinds.

baloo,I had Planned on going Chris.The event Classed with our Flyin/weekend away though.Paul does a great job at Shrewsbury.

Maybe next year.

BRIAN...

Bri, I talked to a guy that knows you at Srewsbury, he said you are a conniving, mealy mouthed, stingy thin and scrawny little begger.

I agreed with him, he obviously knows you well. (grin)

Being serious for a while, and you know haw difficult that is for me. A guy walked past while I was in the process of crashing my Rev repeatedly into the ground, just for the practice. We had a bit of a natter and your name come up. Apparently you have more Revs than anyone else in the UK. Anyway he had nothing bad or juicy to say about you, which was actually a bit dissapointing.

Oh well never mind.

Bri, I talked to a guy that knows you at Srewsbury, he said you are a conniving, mealy mouthed, stingy thin and scrawny little begger.

I agreed with him, he obviously knows you well. (grin)

Being serious for a while, and you know haw difficult that is for me. A guy walked past while I was in the process of crashing my Rev repeatedly into the ground, just for the practice. We had a bit of a natter and your name come up. Apparently you have more Revs than anyone else in the UK. Anyway he had nothing bad or juicy to say about you, which was actually a bit dissapointing.

Oh well never mind.

LOL,Mealy Mouthed am i,The mind does boggle.

As for the most Revs.I cant be that far behind KIteworld,if im behind them at all....lol.

Quite suprised he had nothing bad to say Chris.I must try harder in future.Probably Phil from our kite Group that spoke to you.Did he have a ladder with him[private joke,hes an x fireman].Hope the festival went well.We had a Gale from Friday Mid Day.Through to when we left Bolton Le Sands at Dinner Today.Never dropped below a Gale all weekend.Enjoyed the company i was in very much though.

Talk soon

BRIAN...

The wind was a bit gusty, no gale though. Now last Year it was gusting to above 50mph by my windy thing.

The full vent rode the gusts well, Race Rods had a fair old bend in them at times though.

And no ladder I am afraid Bri.

Brian, Lynn and I are just fine, enjoying our week at WSIKF.

Yes, we look forward to flying with you again, we really had a good time.

As for saying bad things about you.

How could anyone say anything bad about a person so willing to share his beer.

post-274-1250565946_thumb.jpg

Think you will find the only reason Bri is OK with Jeremy sticking the straw in the jusg is cuz he is blowing, either that or Bri has tied a knot in Jeremy's straw. :D

Certainly looks like they were all having a good time.

Thanks for the picture Jim. I hope to make it to the US some time, hope you dont think ALL English folks drink from a jug using a straw.