Sequel to Bristol 2008

Felix

After a formal ceremony today Ashley and I flew our kites for his grandmother and my mother.

Earlier we had joined in the following words...

Into the darkness and warmth of the earth, we lay you down

Into the sadness and smiles of our memories, we lay you down

Into the cycle of living and dying and rising again, we lay you down

May you rest in peace, in fulfilment, in loving

May you journey to a far horizon.

Into the freedom of wind and sunshine, we let you go.

Into the dance of the stars and the planets, we let you go

We love you.

Go safely, go dancing, go journeying home.

Kath (my mother) had expressed her intent to attend the Bristol Festival in 2008 and with the help of many people was able to be there. She loved the co-operative and creative effort involved in the kiting project that occupied me and my colleagues over the years.

Thank you for reading

Felix

post-1810-1250282218_thumb.jpg

post-1810-1250282257_thumb.jpg

Condolences Felix, at times like this I find it hard to find what to say, but I guess the important thing is that that you know you have friends that are thinking of you.

I did not know your Mum but I’m guessing that you should be celebrating a life lived not mourning a life lost.

Thinking of you.

Thanks for reading and responding.

Prior to flying I had established that 'Humber Woodland of Remembrance' were happy that we should do so. Family and friends were totally in favour.

It was uplifting to go back after the inevitably intense time earlier in the day...

Felix

So sorry to hear of your loss Felix, but as everyone has said, a great tribute. I know how happy I was to have had my father join me in Deippe in 2002 (before he too passed away later that year), so I am so glad for you that your mother got to share Bristol with you.

Best wishes,

Mark and Family

First, sorry for your loss. Second, that's absolutely beautiful. I have never heard more appropriate and poignant parting words. Thank you for sharing with us.

Scott,

I am glad that you and others appreciated the text. It was chosen by my cousin who officiated at the CofE element of the proceedings as well as the following element. (There are variations of the text out there)

The 'planting' allowed for a slightly less conventional approach along Quaker lines and Ashley was moved to speak.

This is a celebration and I will make every effort to perpetuate the memory...

(We flew the kites)

Felix