Zen

johnnmitchell

Tried it right after Watty at the Long Beach clinic. I think it was the 1st prototype. I wanted it then and there.

Loads up effortlessly and is very precise. I for one can't wait to get one and try it out indoors. :)

Dean

The directional stability on 'powering up' the sail is, I think, the key asset. The loading and flex of the spars should determine how this operates,

I will be interested to see how fliers cope with the 'lateral' (not sure of the terminology, facing left or right) angle of attack of the larger sail. Maybe there are innovations in the bridle as well...

Felix

The directional stability on 'powering up' the sail is, I think, the key asset. The loading and flex of the spars should determine how this operates,

I will be interested to see how fliers cope with the 'lateral' (not sure of the terminology, facing left or right) angle of attack of the larger sail. Maybe there are innovations in the bridle as well...

Felix

Hi Felix-

From the little tidbits that I've heard, there was a lot of work on the bridle. I'd have to think that these are "THAT" sweet if iQuad has a set in use.

I'll give it a try in a week or so... :ani_yahoo: This is something that will be perfect for me!!!

Hi Felix-

From the little tidbits that I've heard, there was a lot of work on the bridle. I'd have to think that these are "THAT" sweet if iQuad has a set in use.

I'll give it a try in a week or so... This is something that will be perfect for me!!!

It will be fun to see how it all pans out. Most fliers are more familiar with the dynamics of the 1.5 sail.

Felix

It will be fun to see how it all pans out. Most fliers are more familiar with the dynamics of the 1.5 sail.

Felix

Was fun today flying Rev 1 in 3mph, then going to Blast's and then Rev 1.5's the Rev 1 sized kite was easier in light wind, but we could tell that it was missing the power up part, The Race Framed Blast works light wind really well. The wing worked really good with Thermals. We were able to fly Chicken Run in 1 -2 Mph with the Blasts, so that now gives us a really intresting alternate :blue-cool:

Then on to the Rev 1.5, this reminded us how light these kites are on the lines, wind had dropped to 0 at least. But still got a few run thru's for the video. But the reliability of something that handles the lightest wind even better would be and Advantage. (Pun intended )

I really like the idea of the ZEN dimensions being Rev 1, that gives anyone with a REV 1 a set of rods they can switch in and out. The sail cut will also allow team and indi flyers to have their own choice :) Thanks Bazzer.

As Laura or Felix I think said, will be interesting to see the Bridle - to see if there are any changes.

What weight lines are iQuad using with these?

Oh and I really like the Ghost Sail B)

Last week I was flying at a kite club fun-fly with the highest 'gusts' of 2.8 mph all day.

we were flying for over 7 hours in these conditions and getting a little tired and decided to start packing up, then Bazzer shows up and tell's me that I really shouldn't be leaving yet, bringing out the final version of the Zen - he set it up and tweeked the handle settings for the wind conditions then handed the controls over to me - WOW the 1st 3 words out of my mouth was 'OH MY GOD' instantly felt a bunch of pressure where all day I was working and working just to keep the sail floating, now with the ZEN in my hands I easily just moved the kite around at will - great control and very easy to manuver to any hover setting and / or slide

I'm sending a note to Theresa (aka thekiteshoppe) to get me on the pre-order list

I want one YESTERDAY !!!

Mike T.

I'm in two Rev's deep already and now I have to have the ZEN!

I need it now with our low wind summer taunting me and making it difficult to build the skill base I need and want in order to begin team flying.

Who's taking the orders?! Please put me down for a ghost ZEN.

(Any chance they will be available to buy down a WSIKF?)

Hmmm. Apparently Steve dR and I are reading

this thread across the hall from each other in

Bogota right now...

I spent the weekend watching iQuad flying

their Zens in some pretty tough conditions,

and the kites performed incredibly.

Bazzer had told me he was going to make

me fly one, but I never got around to it.

Still, I'm already planning to order one...

Last week I was flying at a kite club fun-fly with the highest 'gusts' of 2.8 mph all day.

we were flying for over 7 hours in these conditions and getting a little tired and decided to start packing up, then Bazzer shows up and tell's me that I really shouldn't be leaving yet, bringing out the final version of the Zen - he set it up and tweeked the handle settings for the wind conditions then handed the controls over to me - WOW the 1st 3 words out of my mouth was 'OH MY GOD' instantly felt a bunch of pressure where all day I was working and working just to keep the sail floating, now with the ZEN in my hands I easily just moved the kite around at will - great control and very easy to manuver to any hover setting and / or slide

I'm sending a note to Theresa (aka thekiteshoppe) to get me on the pre-order list

I want one YESTERDAY !!!

Mike T.

Got it going!

:)

Thanks!

I should have a web page built by tomorrow :)

T

Edited by Theresa

Felix i think made the inquisative point about the Bridle .He has the vast knowledge on the Rev 1s.A comparisson to my or our Sedgewick Bridles will be my first thing to look at.

Ile fight ya for the Ghost sail Simon,,,lol.

It Looks fantastic

BRIAN...

Felix i think made the inquisative point about the Bridle .He has the vast knowledge on the Rev 1s.<snip>

Brian,

I am not sure about 'vast knowledge' <grins>

We just flew the kite as given. Never really had time to do otherwise. I do remember re-tying one bridle that another member of the team had managed to 'scramble' on the last set of Rev1s by JMH.

Felix

Your to humble Felix,My Appols.

I must be mistaken about the poster of a topic i read .Which discribed an adjustment on the upper, outer,bridle legs adjustment / alteration.Which was specific to the Rev1.

It may have been Skunk or Harrier.I think they shortened the upper,outer legs,but im unsure.So please dont anyone go chopin ya bridle up.

Cant wait to see a vid on the Zen.Better still.Fly one.Own one

BRIAN...

BRIAN...

I think that may have been me. I added additional tails on the upper attachment points on my I's as I couldn't get enough brake (Needed another 5cm or so). Also shortened the outer legs on the upper bridle as they were flopping around somewhat and I wanted to induce more LE bend. I think it was skunky who showed me.

Edited by Sailor99

Your to humble Felix,My Appols.

I must be mistaken about the poster of a topic i read .Which discribed an adjustment on the upper, outer,bridle legs adjustment / alteration.Which was specific to the Rev1.

It may have been Skunk or Harrier.I think they shortened the upper,outer legs,but im unsure.So please dont anyone go chopin ya bridle up.

Cant wait to see a vid on the Zen.Better still.Fly one.Own one

BRIAN...

Brian,

I think that I remember the post but I am sure that I did not write it!

I will look forward to flying the ZEN as it appears to be 'just what I always wanted' <grins>

Felix

......... I like the idea of a rev 1 with more meat in the middle area .........

My thoughts exactly, I love my Sedgewick with the pro use, but the 1.5s do seem a bit more forgiving. I don't know if I'm going to be rushing to get on any pre-order lists, but I will certainly be keen to try this one.

My thoughts exactly, I love my Sedgewick with the pro use, but the 1.5s do seem a bit more forgiving. I don't know if I'm going to be rushing to get on any pre-order lists, but I will certainly be keen to try this one.

Now there's a great excuse, errr, I mean business case, for Ben and/or Joe to justify the marketing budget for a visit to Portsmouth or Bristol in a few weeks time. :)

I think that may have been me. I added additional tails on the upper attachment points on my I's as I couldn't get enough brake (Needed another 5cm or so). Also shortened the outer legs on the upper bridle as they were flopping around somewhat and I wanted to induce more LE bend. I think it was skunky who showed me.

Guilty :) ,i think it coulda been you pal.The flopping bridle was the issue as i remember.Shortening was the most likely solution.Cant remember if it works though as i never did try it or remember anyone saying it was a Eureka Moment.

Have a goodn.

BRIAN...

For the record, market name is "Zen", or "B-Series Zen"... Not all caps "ZEN". ;)

It is a pure collaborative between Bazzer and myself, with flight testing by iQuad.

Also, to be clear, the Zen has it's own bridle, different specs than the Rev 1.

A little Zen action, from TV in Bogota (Colombia) this past weekend...

http://www.citytv.com.co/videos/18416/fest...onal-de-cometas

Some of the most difficult flying conditions we've ever had... The Zens performed wonderfully, probably saved our tails. ;)

Looking good John, thanks for posting that link!

Now here's my questions, forgive me for a newbie's bluntness and unbridled enthusiasm:

Is the Zen a good option for a relatively new 1.5 Rev flyer?

What lines is it best flown with, i.e length and weight?

When will it be available to buy?

What will the kite cost?

thanks for your time,

Erin

The Zen is basically a pilot's 2nd or 3rd kite option, after the 1.5 series, imho.

Think of it like a 1.5 SUL, pilots should have a little experience (intermediate), but they don't need to be a Pro to appreciate the Zen. ;)

Release date and pricing has not been finalized yet.

We're looking at a possible January release (KTAI), with demos available for testing at WSIKF.