Good Lord it is HOT here!

LS Kite Stakes

The Puget Sound area is experiencing a bit of a heat wave this week. Normally there are (average) 2-3 days per year that get at or above 90°f, and we have tripled the average so far this year. As I write this, the thermometer on my home weather station reads 98°f! The humidity is not bad, 32%. If you would like to see the current temps at my house this is the link to my weather station:

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation...p?ID=KWASPANA10

Stepping outside feels like a oven, literally. I am currently basking in the cool output of a window air conditioning unit, there is no way I could stand that kind of heat for very long. The hottest day is forecast for tomorrow, we will be breaking all time highs ever seen in this area. I know I am a wuss in this kind of weather, I grew up here so having weeks on end of 90+ is not something I am used to. Hopefully it will have cooled down some for the PCKA Fun Fly this Saturday at Kite Henge. I will be there regardless, with my gazebo so I have something to get out of the sun with.

Anyone else having weather issues?

As I got in my truck tonight to drop off some packages, the thermometer in the rear view mirror was showing 118 (112 officially at the airport just a mile or two away). I look forward to the days when the temperature starts to drop back down to the high 90's....at least tonight it is supposed drop down to the lower 90's for the low. August is supposed to be the hot month.....not looking forward to that much. :) I think my eyeballs got sunburned! Now you know why we do most of our flying at night. lol

Just checked, 105 in PDX.

Ouch!!

I feel for you all.

Oddly enough, I heard today that this was the first June on record with no days at 90 or above (28 out of 30 rained). July should finish out with no days above 90, as well, which should be another record, too. Quite odd all over. It's been in the mid to upper 80's and real humid; which is much worse than dry heat, but it all sucks if you're not used to it! Fall will be here before we know it... yaaaaaaay!!!

You've got that right Monkey. Crazy hot for Vancouver BC right now.

I was down at Vanier Park this morning but the spotty winds and baked grass made for a less than ideal day for flying. That said, its always a lovely spot to be at with the boats cruising right by and the ocean stretching out and away....just a lot hotter than we're used to right now. I decided that maybe swimming made more sense on a day like today than flying so I packed up the Rev and headed for the nice refreshing waters of English Bay.

It was 34 degrees on our balcony when I got home and I live in the cooler part of the city.

Anyone else having weather issues?

Careful guys! - we Brits are supposed to be the ones who complain about the weather the whole time, but reading this I'm actually quite pleased with what we've got. :P

Okay, so it could be a bit more consistent, maybe a little warmer and brighter, but by contrast very comfortable for a day's flying with friends!

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation...graphspan=month

If it's too darn hot, come over here, there'll always be space for you to fly with us. :)

I have to laugh when friends from the desert say it's 110+ in the shade and then follow it up with "But it's a DRY heat". Well, I'm on an island surrounded by water and it was 94 today and anything but dry heat. There was, however, a nice breeze off the water and once my kite was in the air, I pretty much forgot about the heat. Given the option of a 110+ dry heat in the desert or a humid 94 & my kite in the air, I'd say I've got it pretty good.

Hot.....You should be here in the Sacramento Delta.

It was so hot yesterday, that the corn in the field popped........

The Pheasants thought that it was snow, and they froze to death. :huh:

Now that's HOT!

Actually, it has been very warm, but this afternoon the "delta breeze" came up and things are cooling off nicely.

Another miserable day in San Diego, 75 degrees 10 mph winds, Oh and Rev gave us a party with hot dogs! :devil:

Sorry John

Oh man, Revs AND hot dogs, I need to move.............. :blink:

On the other hand, I probably don't qualify to become a Californian...... :devil:

We have had several drownings in local lakes and rivers the past couple of days. It is sad people seem to lose their head and make fatal mistakes when it gets this hot.

As Mr Git mentioned.

Bit wet here. Still at least the grass is nice and green. Just wish it would dry up enough for me to cut it.

We will send you a bit of our cool and damp if you send us a bit of the warm.

Still as Billy Connely often says, no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing. However I would rather it be raining and wear a weatherproof then scorching hot, what on earth do you wear then? Some shade and a cold beer I suppose.

The most annoying thing of late is, whenever I am working there are fantastic winds, when I am not working the wind drops. Oh well never mind. Sigh.

Still as Billy Connely often says, no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing.

Hm. There IS such thing as wrong weather. For example, when there is no wind. :lol:

However I would rather it be raining and wear a weatherproof then scorching hot, what on earth do you wear then? Some shade and a cold beer I suppose.

Nothing wrong with some shade and a cold beer. Or the opportunity to actually have shade, and not just clouds and rain.

I should probably move to a desert - I just love it when it's hot.

Bit wet here. Still at least the grass is nice and green.

After the overall crazy heat in June, it'll be nice to be able to actually get the ground stake in the rock hard parched ground :)

FYI it's raining at the moment and they are cutting the grass Baloo :blink:

My lawn mower is electric - ensures I have an excuse for *not* using it, from time to time :P
I can beat that - mine is being repaired. The shop has strict instructions to have difficulty sourcing the spare parts. So far it's been two glorious weekends of lite flying rather than lawn mowing. When I get it back I may just happen to break it again :devil: Edited by Sailor99

My lawn mower is electric - ensures I have an excuse for *not* using it, from time to time :P

too right, stay safe Andy...!

these lads were using sit on types. :rolleyes:

Still at least it'll mean the kites get a brush down in the rain at some point if this keeps up.

I'm enjoying the mixed weather ATM ;)

Better than being in the doldrums. ^_^

Hoping it dries up eventually for the continuing 'wedding season' (some great flying venues need exploring) B)

<breezy>

We broke two All Time records today. The warmest low (overnight) temperature, 72°f and the hottest high, 103°f, ever recorded at Sea-Tac airport. At my house my weather station recorded a high of 105.4°f. For those used to metric, that is over 40°c. There has been power outages, brush fires next to I5 freeway, fans and A/C units have been flying off area store shelves. My upright freezer in the kitchen had to have a fan blowing on it so it could keep everything inside well frozen. Now it is clouding up with thunder heads, and we may get some excitement tonight with heat lightning and such. A day I will remember for a long time.