You were right!

airin

Question

A Rev flyer simply can not own just ONE Rev!

I've been loving my JB Night Rev and having a total blast flying it now that I got the basics kind of figured out. Today the wind was whipping big time and a half an hour into my flying I had to take the Rev down for fear of stretching out the sail. Now I see why you say its a good idea to have a vented Rev!

So I'm here a'beggin. I would love to have a vented B series Rev for the bigger winds. Is there anyone out there that would be willing to lighten their kite bag by selling me a full vent?

I feel a Rev addiction coming on. I would love to be able to fly in most wind conditions and now that I am on summer holidays I've got the time to do so. Please let me know if you've got a vented Rev that you would like to get a few dollars for and know that it will be seeing more air time here in Vancouver than, perhaps, there in your kite duffle.

thanks!

Erin

15 answers to this question

We also have the Night in Vented! lol

Seriously though, we can work out a kite only/4 wrap frame deal for you seeing as you already have the DVD, handles and another 3 wrap with the standard. That'll help save a little...but just wait till you fly the Sonic...or the Blast...or the...LOL - you see where this is going!

Fortflyer :lol:

Awindofchange, that sounds intriguing....I may go new if I can't scare a used Rev out of someone's kite bag...

I'm pretty set on staying with the B-series though because my hope is to be able to do some team flying in the future once I have built the necessary skills.

I'm pretty set on staying with the B-series though because my hope is to be able to do some team flying in the future once I have built the necessary skills.

Opps!! John B must be a terrific salesman if he's convincing folks that one can't team fly without a B-series.

Kent's "night" kite is a B-series ... so, a vented would give you a matching set of B-series kites.

180GO! uses SLE/SUL (all with 1/4 inch frames) kites for their team flying. Even though the SLE is listed as coming with the SLE (7/16" leading edge rods), many dealers will sell you the kite with a 1/4 inch frame.

Cheers,

Tom

180GO! uses SLE/SUL (all with 1/4 inch frames) kites for their team flying. Even though the SLE is listed as coming with the SLE (7/16" leading edge rods), many dealers will sell you the kite with a 1/4 inch frame.

Cheers,

Tom

So Tom, you are saying then that the SLE Rev's would be fine for team flying then? Yes, I had seen mostly B series in teams so thought they were the preferred kite for groups.

SLE comes fully vented, yes? And the 1/4 inch frame would be the same as the 4 wrap?

So Tom, you are saying then that the SLE Rev's would be fine for team flying then? Yes, I had seen mostly B series in teams so thought they were the preferred kite for groups.

SLE comes fully vented, yes? And the 1/4 inch frame would be the same as the 4 wrap?

Yes.

The SLE, SUL, the standard B-series, the Pro B-series, and the Master Piece kites are all, at the generic level, the same 1.5 sized kite. John B will "sell" you on the design of the B-series ... and Bazzer will "sell" you on the design/manufacturing of the Pro-series ... and Ben will show you a Master Piece and simply smile, but for team flying all will work.

Here's a picture of a mega fly at Kite Party 7 where two Pros, several B-series, several SUL/SLE, and two customised SLE kites are participating. Plus one kite (third from the left) that I can't place. The SUL/SLE kites are fully vented.

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2249042800049870108GvLsYp

The 1/4 inch frame sets (2-wrap, 3-wrap, 4-wrap, Race Rod, and Silver Bullet) are all interchangeable within the 1.5 series kites. In fact, you can even intermix rods within a single frame set. Use a 4-wrap in the center leading edge and 3-wraps on the outer part of the leading edge for a completely different feel.

As Kent mentioned, you already have a B-series non-vented kite with a 2-wrap and a 3-wrap frame set. Thus, the most inexpensive way to maximize the wind range you can fly in is to purchase a full vented sail with a single 4-wrap frame set. Give Kent a call and see if he can help you ...

Cheers,

Tom

Yes.

The SLE, SUL, the standard B-series, the Pro B-series, and the Master Piece kites are all, at the generic level, the same 1.5 sized kite. John B will "sell" you on the design of the B-series ... and Bazzer will "sell" you on the design/manufacturing of the Pro-series ... and Ben will show you a Master Piece and simply smile, but for team flying all will work.

Here's a picture of a mega fly at Kite Party 7 where two Pros, several B-series, several SUL/SLE, and two customised SLE kites are participating. Plus one kite (third from the left) that I can't place. The SUL/SLE kites are fully vented.

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2249042800049870108GvLsYp

The 1/4 inch frame sets (2-wrap, 3-wrap, 4-wrap, Race Rod, and Silver Bullet) are all interchangeable within the 1.5 series kites. In fact, you can even intermix rods within a single frame set. Use a 4-wrap in the center leading edge and 3-wraps on the outer part of the leading edge for a completely different feel.

As Kent mentioned, you already have a B-series non-vented kite with a 2-wrap and a 3-wrap frame set. Thus, the most inexpensive way to maximize the wind range you can fly in is to purchase a full vented sail with a single 4-wrap frame set. Give Kent a call and see if he can help you ...

Cheers,

Tom

Thank you Tom, that was very helpful. I am just slowly getting the hang of the various Rev options. Your explanation has sorted out quite a few things for me.

BTW, that Rev photo is amazingly cool looking!

cheers,

Erin

By way of an update, after a little casting about for a used vented Rev and finding that most Rev lovers are loathe to release a single Rev from their kite bags, I decided to buy a purple and white 1.5 SLE with a standard frame from Kent.

I really appreciate all the help here from you more experienced Rev'ers who explained the various ins and outs of Rev models and their particular flying applications.

cheers,

Erin

By way of an update, after a little casting about for a used vented Rev and finding that most Rev lovers are loathe to release a single Rev from their kite bags, I decided to buy a purple and white 1.5 SLE with a standard frame from Kent.

I really appreciate all the help here from you more experienced Rev'ers who explained the various ins and outs of Rev models and their particular flying applications.

cheers,

Erin

Erin

Don't worry about which Rev to fly in a group. Any 1.5 or EXP will do the job. Lynn and I fly 1.5s, and or our EXPs with others, including iQuad, whenever we have the chance.

In the first photo from Tom, we are flying 1.5 Masterpiece series, red, white and blue with three stars. The ones in the photo are vented. They didn't come that way, we sewed the vents in ourselves.

Just fly and have a good time.

Edited by Jim Foster

Erin

Don't worry about which Rev to fly in a group. Any 1.5 or EXP will do the job. Lynn and I fly 1.5s, and or our EXPs with others, including iQuad, whenever we have the chance.

In the first photo from Tom, we are flying 1.5 Masterpiece series, red, white and blue with three stars. The ones in the photo are vented. They didn't come that way, we sewed the vents in ourselves.

Just fly and have a good time.

Thanks Jim. Yeah, I'm looking forward to trying the 1.5 and am glad I'm going to have a vented kite with me so that I can fly in more wind conditions.

Very skillful of you to sew the vents into your Rev's yourselves. Nice kites too!

In the first photo from Tom, we are flying 1.5 Masterpiece series, red, white and blue with three stars ...

Jim,

Opps, I didn't do well on that one ... labeled your Masterpiece kites as modified simple kites. Maybe next time I'll listen better when you tell me about what you're flying.

With a down-turned face,

Tom

Tom

No oops.

They are about the same as other 1.5 SLEs with three wrap frame. The main difference is that they have the Masterpiece graphic, and are made from .6 fabric rather than .75. We have six. Two rigged as SULs with "Professional Use Only" frame, SUL bridle etc. Two with three wrap frame and full sail, and these two which we vented and use a three wrap frame.

Thee we refer to as our "Team" kites.