PORTSMOUTH 2009

Mr Git

Ah well, I will not be staying up late anyway... We have to be on the field early on Sunday morning (and Monday as well, possibly... <grins>)

Felix

[Edit] PS maybe we could do the JMH 16 if we get up early in the morning?

How many are staying through till monday evening

Well we were turned out of a very comfortable pub at 10:30 on Sunday evening last year must be country licensing hours. :angry:

Yes, that's my experience of the pubs... e.g. the one closest to the halls we all stay in. Come 10.30pm on Sunday they encourage you loudly to drink up (hello, I have 20 minutes, thank you!) stupid archaic English laws! :angry:

Hezz

• Like 1

Yes, that's my experience of the pubs... e.g. the one closest to the halls we all stay in. Come 10.30pm on Sunday they encourage you loudly to drink up (hello, I have 20 minutes, thank you!) stupid archaic English laws! :angry:

Hezz

Us locals never have that problem ... its just how we treat you Northerners who come down here dressed in your 'gang colours', drinking our beer lapping up our sea breeze and sunshine, using up our parking spaces then your off back up to the wild lands of the North without so much as a postcard .....

Ok first rounds on me (probably literally!)

Thing is Jonesy, everyone is a Northener compared to you, so you will be out numbered.

As for the "Gangs" dont get me started on the big Dual'y - Quad wars of 8 years ago!! They were all lined up, Dualies all in Black B) , Quad in Cream :wacko: , then the leader of the Buggy Boys some guy call Lynn came along and wiped everyone out :lol: . And that's how Dual line came to end in the UK. Leaving just the fractured remains of what was there before .

Largest navy port in the UK closes pubs early. Um surely not! I think you will find all the night life you could hope for in the old town - the cathedral, lock-ins, houses with pretty coloured lights in the windows....

Tell that to Langtry's / The White Horse, whatever it is called... this one...

http://ultimatepubguide.com/pubs/info.phtml?pub_id=364#

What a great review :lol:

Hezz

• Like 1

Blimey.. 15 minute slots ... could be challenging for all teams / groups involved! :wacko:
I didn't look at the new agenda earlier as was on the iPoo. But you are right, that does look challenging. The original one had 20 minute slots and some gaps which would have allowed a bit of over-run if necessary.

Pleased to say I have personally never been in the langtree - sounds like an 'interesting' venue - hang on to your wallet! Certainly looks to me like one of the places that would have the 'pretty coloured lights' ;)

Edited by Sailor99

Blimey.. 15 minute slots ... could be challenging for all teams / groups involved! :wacko:

Ah well, we shall enjoy... see you guys down there!

Hezz

Yep but we get three slots a day and those 15 minutes will certainly feel long if there is no wind! Who wants to volunteer to run 360's this year? I promise not to make you do it with the stacks.

• Like 1

Yep but we get three slots a day and those 15 minutes will certainly feel long if there is no wind! Who wants to volunteer to run 360's this year? I promise not to make you do it with the stacks.

But we are sharing the 15 mins with the Decs ? so only 7 1/2 mins :) ( hang on just looked again it's 2x 15 mins and 1 x 30 mins )

Edited by play365
  • Like 1

It's not so much of a problem for us.. get in.. test the wind.. fly one routine.. get out.. 15 minutes over with :-)

But a Rok fight - only 15 minutes to organise, start, compete, finish & get everyone untangled and out of the arena?...

Big soft kites display - only 15 minutes to get them in, up, flying, down, and out of the arena...

Certain of the dual line displays usually go on longer than 15 minutes .. hmmm

Rather hopeful I feel!

Hezz

• Like 1