PORTSMOUTH 2009

Mr Git

I think the little ones had had enough of the sunshine today !!

Absolutely ;)

I accidentally caught the sun yesterday: awoke to rosy cheeks today ;):innocent::kid_devlish:

Look forward to the Southsea (Portsmouth) sea breezes which I am sure Mr Git is 'organising' :blue_wink:

We were there long enough to do the important things .... buy some stuff from kiteworld, test out the newly issued waterproofs, test Mrs J's new shelter, have a hot dog, meet 'uncle Dave', watch the Hippy Chippy fly 10 minutes in every hour, watch the Flying Squad fly in the pouring rain from the shelter of Gary's tent, make some new friends and lark about with older ones! Would have liked to do the Mega fly but I was anxious to head back down South so I don't miss the Portsmouth one ... Ive heard people don't let you forget it if you do :lol:

Hope to meet you all at Portsmouth, not sure if I will be there for the weekend this Year, or just one of the Days.

Went to Leominister Fest Yesterday, not sure about the Sunburn, more like rust, however the rain came down so hard it washed all the rust off.

If any of you wonder where I have been I was in the Lake District for a couple of weeks, then had a course living in the woods for a week at Eastnor.

Anyway hope you are all well, look forward to seeing you again soon.

Does anyone know of any campsites close to the festival

If you are a member of the kite society of great britain (about 12 quid for the year)

you can apply for a camping pass to camp on the common for free

i would check to see if they are still available before you join though as they were available a little while ago and I dont know if they have a limit as to how many passes they have

Baz

Does anyone know of any campsites close to the festival

I'm sure we've got room in our garden :)

As for the weather, I'm not promising anything, I'm still pealing from the awful weather we were meant to have had at Brighton :blink:

Had Stokes Bay all to myself on Sunday, Frying the Vent in 30mph winds!!! That was fun :lol:

There's a Travel Inn right next to the common, if thats any help ? no good for camping in though :lol:

The Travel Inn is in a good spot (although the funfair is right next to it), but they don't seem to have the special offers touted for other TI venues. :angry:

The Travel Inn is in a good spot (although the funfair is right next to it), but they don't seem to have the special offers touted for other TI venues. :angry:

Well we stay at the uni halls of residence right op the flying field !!

Wow nearly a year has passed since our trip back to Portsmouth. We'll sure miss you all this year. I love this event and hope we can make it again in years to come.

Have a great time everyone and we will be thinking about you.

Mark

Team Too Much Fun