WHY.WHY, WHY

beach

My two cents on "why"...

Art is a personal thing so unless it immediately "clicks" with someone and/or will fit into an existing decor it is a tough sell.

I looked at a lot of great art when I remodelled the main floor of my house, but it took a long time to see the pieces that clicked for me.

Bart

Don't disagree Bart but on the otherhand they would look stunning in almost any office. They would also be a talking point - not to be under estimated in relationship building.

IMHO they are stunning but I guess not everyone agrees Ben :(

It's also a tough call asking people to support a festival thousands of miles away, especially with economics being what it is right now.

But I guess it's been bumpped now...

Edited by Sailor99

My two cents on "why"...

Art is a personal thing so unless it immediately "clicks" with someone and/or will fit into an existing decor it is a tough sell.

I looked at a lot of great art when I remodelled the main floor of my house, but it took a long time to see the pieces that clicked for me.

Bart

I was not familiar with the designer's art but recognised the procession type figure motif from the Uchinada kite club loft. The fore-shortening aspect was a possible clue.

I am not actually an 'art' collector of kites or other media but I do hope that others can also take the opportunity to support the cause 'Bristol 2009'.

Felix

I hope this sounds as diplomatic as it is meant to be.

I really hope that I don't offend anyone here, but I have always believed that Art in any form can't and won't please everyone.

If it were any kind of Revolution design for raffle, then it would become as appealing as the first draw.

Maybe a Power Blast with the SS Great Britain & Bristol (Cities logo, not festival) as the central emblazoned design. To me that would signify 2 main things:

The Power that Bristol was during the Maritime era. The Blast from one of SS GB's guns

Far enough up river to easily defend, and a Central Strategic Military and Trading Point. (Military till end of WW1)

Adding the SS GB design adds a wow factor for locals and the ship is recognisable by most (& JB lol)

As stated, I really hope that this doesn't offend.

I will be supporting Bristol by attending, hope to meet some of you there.

Tim

So the Greg Kono kite tickets are not going as well as I'd hoped and I'm wondering why..... Ben :confused!: :confused!: :confused!:

http://www.revkites.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2924

Hugs Benny ,

I just sent out an email to region 9. It may be that we need to get the word out further then the rev forum, as these little beauties may be more attractive to our slk collectors . Hope it helps...

hugs ,

mousie

I don't have the money to get in on this and it sucks. I also wouldn't have anywhere to put them other than storage. My wife pretty much OWN's the walls here.

But, if I have the dollars for at least one ticket, and it's a Rev that strikes my fancy I'm in.

I guess another way to think about this tough sell at the moment is that we're all Rev flyers here. Some of us can't afford our habits really, never mind the average per pilot numbers.

So wall art, cool as it is doesn't really help feed my habit. A new Rev would though. And what could be an easier raffle prize from Revolution than a Rev? Just a thought.

I would pay 50 bucks for a ticket for a chance to win a mid vent B Pro. In my colors of course ;)

How about a set of B's? Std. and full vent. Maybe the colored stripes could be up to the winner.

I think I'd part with a hundred for a ticket for a full set of B's. (std., mid vent and full vent) with say 1 pair of Walts Pro handles, and a set of 90# 120' LPG lines from Theresa at the Kite Shoppee? That would be 5000 dollars toward the cause if it's only a 50 ticket raffle.

What better way for Revolution to help keep kiting alive than through the Revolution Family by way of Rev's?

Just a thought. Sorry. :blushing:

Me

Wrong sorta Masterpiece for me.The kite shed/den, wouldnt do them justice and the Wifes on a diffrent theme on the House Decor.

I didnt bid on the last raffle to give more southern based flyers a chance.Waiting for something that flys and is a little diffrent.

BRIAN...

I understand all this and I have to say this, it's not about these kites or the upcoming ones we will be doing it's about helping

others..... So with that in mind it's okay if I do not sell all the tickets I will break the collection up and send the kites out to five

winners....... I just hope you all understand if it comes to that, I'll do my best no matter what and thats all I can do my very

best for all concerned...... Ben :blue-cool: :blue-cool: :blue-cool:

I understand all this and I have to say this, it's not about these kites or the upcoming ones we will be doing it's about helping

others..... So with that in mind it's okay if I do not sell all the tickets I will break the collection up and send the kites out to five

winners....... I just hope you all understand if it comes to that, I'll do my best no matter what and thats all I can do my very

best for all concerned...... Ben :blue-cool::blue-cool::blue-cool:

Always the good soldier Ben.... :)

Sorry if my post was a little off the porpouse of the raffle. I was only trying to convey my appriciation for everyone coming together to keep kiting alive while also saying that in my case money is VERY tight. But for something like I stated in my original post (packages or the midvent) I would be SOOOO WILLING to go hungry for a few days for the chance to win a new kite to feed my addiction.

Dean