Rev-feree Breaks a Leg

jlking

Just an update on Jeff. He is in surgery today to repair his fractured tibia and fibula. They will be putting some screws and possibly a plate in his ankle. I am a nervous wreck, but I know he is in good hands. I just saw the surgeon and he looks fresh and confident. I told him to take good care of Jeff, and he said I can expect his best.

Will post once everything is finished.

Joyce

Tell him to make sure and fix the Tibia good and strong. They told me the fibula just gives shape to the calf, no support.

-Alden

Just an update on Jeff. He is in surgery today to repair his fractured tibia and fibula. They will be putting some screws and possibly a plate in his ankle. I am a nervous wreck, but I know he is in good hands. I just saw the surgeon and he looks fresh and confident. I told him to take good care of Jeff, and he said I can expect his best.

Whooo Boy! That's rough. :( I hope for his sake they don't have to put a plate in, but doctors are soooooooo slick about this stuff now. Focus on a positive outcome. He'll end up with a bionic leg by the time he's all healed! Best of luck to him today and hang in there, Joyce!

I hope for his sake they don't have to put a plate in, but doctors are soooooooo slick about this stuff now.

That is so true. If it's any comfort, I broke my wrist really badly last year and they had to put a plate in. I worried it would severely limit the movement and they didn't want to give me too optimistic of a prognosis, but I recovered extremely well. The stuff they can do these days is absolutely amazing - my wrist is pretty much as good as it ever was and it was horribly messed up. I was so worried at the time, but it worked out really well.

So, stay positive! We're all keeping our fingers crossed for you guys.

Okay, here is the latest.........

He got out of recovery and up to the room about 7 pm (EST). The did minimally invasive plating of the tibia that included 9 screws. He was in quite a bit of pain when he first got to the room, but very quickly went to la la land with the aid of a self administered pump. He should be able to go home tomorrow depending on his pain control tonight. Everything went well. He will be 12 weeks no weight bearing, but he will be in a cam boot after 2 weeks. We definitely hope to be well enough to be at SunFest.

Thanks for all of your well wishes. Will keep you all posted.

Joyce

Wow, they're going to release him tomorrow if all goes well?! That's Amaaaaazing!

Always sending the best wishes for a speedy recovery! My Ex had a similar injury a few years ago and while his heal time was quicker, he had the most horrific cast to deal with. I'm always impressed at medical advancements. Wowwww...

Hey you must get to SunFest. I know nothing about it, but this guy need an outing to distract him.

I was crawling out of my tree, trying to do something outside while layed up.

Jeff all the very best for your recovery. This includes the support crew.

Mate just be nice when someone mentions the elastic exercise strap. How true is no pain no gain. I was in love with the dishy phisio at the hospital, but boy could she hurt me.

Keep smilin' ;)

Chook

just home from the hospital...a plate and 9 screws later. pain's coming and going, but the doc says the worst of it should be over. Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone. hope to see you in the air real soon.

• 2 months later...
just home from the hospital...a plate and 9 screws later. pain's coming and going, but the doc says the worst of it should be over. Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone. hope to see you in the air real soon.

Hey hope your on the mend. It does take a lot of time to get over these injuries eh???

You will now be able to listen to my local FM radio station here in Australia, with an aerial like that in your leg.

Keep smilin' Chook ;)

Hey hope your on the mend. It does take a lot of time to get over these injuries eh???

You will now be able to listen to my local FM radio station here in Australia, with an aerial like that in your leg.

Keep smilin' Chook ;)

Cheers, mate! Hoping to be in two shoes around the end of the month...finally!