The Pontificator

Question

• Answers 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

This is interesting... Has anyone tried Armour All on Berry Blue Lines? I have a lineset that is a little gritty, and I've washed it once which helped for a while. But I don't want to destroy it -- anyone tried the Armour All trick before with this brand?

Later, Doug

I just cut down a very old line set to 2 small ones. I noticed how stiff and gritty they were and remembered this forum. Got out the Armor-All from the car and wiped down the lines. They feet new now. I havn't flown them yet but they feel slick and soft. I got these lines in 2002 and fly on the beach 100% of the time. I will fly them tomorrow. It will also be my first time with a 40' set.

What's the report, MrDenny? Did the Armor-All work OK? BTW, what type of lines were they? I'd still like to try the trick on some Berry Blues. If no one's ever tried it, I might try it anyway.

Later, Doug

I like and use the Berry Blue lines too, l believe it is still spectra line, but it is wound finer, which is why it feels so smooth. Let me know how you make out with that. Thanks

What's the report, MrDenny? Did the Armor-All work OK? BTW, what type of lines were they? I'd still like to try the trick on some Berry Blues. If no one's ever tried it, I might try it anyway.

Later, Doug

Opps I forgot to get back. The lines flew much better. I have a Armor-All in the car that is packaged like baby wipes. I think I will take that with me when flying and just give a quick rub down as I bring in the lines when ever I think of it. It should extend the life of the lines or at least make them feel newer until the crap out totaly.

I just cut down a very old line set to 2 small ones. I noticed how stiff and gritty they were and remembered this forum. Got out the Armor-All from the car and wiped down the lines. They feet new now. I havn't flown them yet but they feel slick and soft. I got these lines in 2002 and fly on the beach 100% of the time. I will fly them tomorrow. It will also be my first time with a 40' set.

Thats new I quoted myself.

Just wanted to update the results of the Armor-All. A month and a half later 20 to 30 outings. The lines have picked up lots of sand. Once you do this to a set I think you are stuck doing it often. I don't think I will do it to another set . I am enjoying having the 40' and 30'sets.