REV shots with famous landmark backgrounds!

quadkit

post-2291-1223230498_thumb.jpgThought this shot of Monument valley was kinda cool.

I hope the rods on the front of the kite were just for the picture, if not just letting you know they go on the back.

No insult intended just so you know even John started flying with the rods on backwards :kid_smartass: Maybe i'd be better flying if i had started that way as well :kid_brooding:

I hope the rods on the front of the kite were just for the picture, if not just letting you know they go on the back.

No insult intended just so you know even John started flying with the rods on backwards :kid_smartass: Maybe i'd be better flying if i had started that way as well :kid_brooding:

ya i was parked on the highway sorta in a hurry and still had to flip it around so Rev logo wasnt backwards and then hung it on fence by the bridel, and then be very careful of the barb wire :kid_smartass:

• 2 weeks later...
It's not a famous landmark, but the Cape Mudge Lighthouse on Quadra Island is in a very scenic location.

Really nice location Steve.... (lucky you) :)

Look what your Little Red rev II found to fly near by whilst on vacation:

Godrevy island lighthouse, SW England (famous for it's smugglers coves and pirates) :D

Team flying on rev IIs is manic fun :w00t:

post-1812-1224694224_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Finally managed to get one Rev out on our little trip - here's some pics of us flying in the Valley of The Gods

Howdy Ant :)

Glad you finally got some flying in.

Great pictures/flying/location.... (as ever) :D

It's been fantastic following your journey through the desert so far ;)

Watch out for those huge spiders :lol:

Have fun,

See ya soon

• Like 1

What was really cool was that the place was deserted apart from one guy who drove past, stopped, turned round and said "do you mind if if I take some pictures of that". He then produced two pro cameras with MASSIVE lenses and proceeded to click away for the next 10-15 mins whilst we buzzed around!

Shame there wasn't quite enough wind for the vented B's - although the ground was covered in nasty spikey kite eating bushes which made for very nervous flying...

"do you mind if if I take some pictures of that".

the ground was covered in nasty spikey kite eating bushes which made for very nervous flying...

Fame at last :lol:

Nothing like a challenge to highten your nerves when flying around nasty spikey kite eating bushes whilst having your picture taken ;)

And I see "kite Monkey" has made an appearance too *smiles* :kid_content:

Looks like you are having great time/weather.... :D

I'm sat here by the open fire to keep warm

and hoping the wild winds ease a bit for some flying of my own soon.

i know its not famous but its something i always see when i flying and almost everyone around here knows so here it is...u can see the turks restaurant in the background... at the time i wasnt trying anything special just friend playing with the camera so its not really special lol

post-2222-1224994905_thumb.jpg

Finally managed to get one Rev out on our little trip - here's some pics of us flying in the Valley of The Gods

DSC_0672.jpg

(Monument Valley just visible in the background)

DSC_0684.jpg

Ant

Hey there Ant this is just north of where I snapped my pics There was no wind the day i was travelling. I sure love that country. I got a little air time in Moab. but i havent figured out how to take pics flying, I need more hands.Sure would be cool to cross paths sometime.

Cowboy.

Hi Cowboy - where in Moab did you fly - we are there right now and looking for somewhere!

cheers

Ant

I parked up on the highway and walked to the school theres kinda a field ball diamond and such south end of town east side of 191 just south of rotary park great spot if wind is from east. inland wind what ya gonna do.

hope that helps enjoy moab maybe go up to arches on top of the slick rock near delicate arch would be beautiful flying and post some pics if you go. they wont let me up there with my truck. Grrr :kid_cussing:

have fun.

Jelous Cowboy.

Ha ha it's funny you should say that - we were up at delicate arch this morning and I was just thinking it would be fantastic (if very very scary) to fly there.

Will have a look for the site - we found a school field but they were practicing football on it!

cheers

Ant

Well, back home in england sadly- only managed to fly the twice in the end which was a shame - I've never been through so much space, with so little room to fly! Totally fantastic trip though.

One of the (many) high points was driving down (and up) the Moki Dugway - an elevation change of 1100 feet in 3 miles of dirt road! However, having seen pictures of this sign, I brough an iQuad sticker all the way expecially to add to it :kid_devlish: - but when we got there, the sign has gone! Maybe someone just stole it wholesale - there was just the posts remaining...

Ant

• 2 weeks later...

How about a new $13million 246-foot-long Airship as a famous background.

It flies out of Moffett Field and gives tours of the SF Bay Area for around $500 a pop.

Gondola seats 12.

Shortly before I took this picture, it was almost overhead at around 1200 feet. I had the kite flying to look like it was lifting up the airship. That was with both hands flying though.

I just started to fly my new Rev. kite a short time ago and pretty much new to kite flying. Last time I flew was mid to late '60's. One handed flying and pict taking still needs a lot more work. Between almost dropping the camera and crashing the kite, I parked the kite and took the pict. It does fly by several times a day, so just maybe I'll get a better pict and with the kite flying.

I'll post more picts soon as I am flying home next week that will have a more tropical flavor, if I can get my wife to take the picts. I am here now taking care of my elderly mother.

Steve

post-2300-1226553417_thumb.jpg