REV shots with famous landmark backgrounds!

quadkit

My picture of Scarlette's maiden flight will be posted when I return to Maryland. John's right, the winds at the falls were very tough.

On the other hand I went up to the power resevoir state park and flew. WOW! I flew Scarlette for a little while and the winds got to be too much. I took out my vented B and even then the winds were yanking me off my feet at times.

I am looking forward to going back there tomorrow and Sunday.

-Alden

John

Your photos are really something. It has to be very difficult to fly over that water.

Although not as spectacular as Niagara, here are a couple of photos Lynn took of me flying last week at Kolob Canyon, near Zion National Park in southern Utah.

Jim

post-274-1191296152_thumb.jpg

post-274-1191296176_thumb.jpg

I know that John posted his Niagara Falls shots but he wasn't flying Scarlette. This is a shot of Scarlette's maiden flight. John is right the winds their were very difficult so Scarlette didn't fly much. The winds would change 180 degrees in an instant. One moment she'd be flying fine and the next she'd be blowing towards me...

So, this is a picture of my Masterpiece Rev flying at a famous landmark.

-Alden

post-480-1191362638_thumb.jpg

Alden,

Great picture!!! Sounds like you had a great time!

Cristina told me you helped her out picking out a rev for me; that was awesome and a complete surprise!! I am going to try to fly it after work tomorrow at Sandy Point. I hope the wind will be strong enought.

Thanks,

Joe

PS the scottish ale was wonderful :kid_devlish:

• 3 weeks later...

I promised I would try to do this for a long time and today I was able to do it. Next time I will take another person with me to handle the camera.

post-356-1193156359_thumb.jpgpost-356-1193156369_thumb.jpgpost-356-1193156379_thumb.jpg

{Yahoo News}CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. - Space shuttle Discovery and a crew of seven rocketed into orbit Tuesday at 11:38 a.m., ducking through clouds. It carried a giant Tinkertoy-type link that must be installed at the space station before European and Japanese laboratories can arrive.

I promised I would try to do this for a long time and today I was able to do it. Next time I will take another person with me to handle the camera.

post-356-1193156359_thumb.jpgpost-356-1193156369_thumb.jpgpost-356-1193156379_thumb.jpg

{Yahoo News}CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. - Space shuttle Discovery and a crew of seven rocketed into orbit Tuesday at 11:38 a.m., ducking through clouds. It carried a giant Tinkertoy-type link that must be installed at the space station before European and Japanese laboratories can arrive.

That's so killer, Denny! :sign_kitelife:

Thank you. :D I was trying the one handed stuff talked about on another thread. (thanks JB) I felt like I had it down for a simple hover but the dynamics changed totally :wacko: when I added trying to point the camera. I didn't post the other 10 pictures of the ground and empty sky.