REV shots with famous landmark backgrounds!

quadkit

Wowwwwww! What a killer shot, Tak! :clap; I wish you much luck with your climb!

Syn told me last night: "You are NOT climbing Denali!"

I gotta try. Tired of being useless. If I make it up, at least to camp 15, I prove a point.

Besides ... Who else is gunna do it?

:P

• 4 weeks later...

These thread is great. So much fine picture of rev with very nice famous monuments.

I have also a pic with my rev in front of a industrial culture landmark.

In earlier time ( i dont know: is this the right description) there were dismantled coale. With the tower, you can see, are the miner driven under the earth. I hope you understand. confused_1.gif

Now it is a park and a playground (for young and old) ;)

20110305-174600-968.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OK so here is my donation to "Revs with famous backgrounds." it is around the back of the Palace of Versailles.

post-260-13001436402_thumb.jpg

I asked One of the guards if it was OK for me to fly in the grounds and went off to a quiet corner, just got my Watty Rev out and she came over to tell me she had mis understood and it was forbidden to fly in the grounds. Was able to get a icture though.

Also managed to fly at The Place de la Concorde in Paris, even sat it on the lap of one of the statues, however it was dark and the pictures didnt come out well.

• 4 weeks later...

I know the Soccer World Cup is over, but here's some shots I took yesterday of my girlfriend flying one of the Blasts I got from TK with the Moses Mabhida Stadium in the background. Not sure if it qualifies as a FAMOUS landmark ... but I figure if they stage some World Cup games there, it's good enough ;)

Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia....Mabhida_Stadium

Google Maps (With 45 degree imagery)

http://maps.google.c...8&ll=-29.828843,31.030658&spn=0.004928,0.005159&t=h°=90&z=18

Where we were flying (a fair distance from the stadium)

http://maps.google.c...8&ll=-29.754081,31.070902&spn=0.003167,0.005681&t=h&z=18

Cheers

Steven

post-3221-130246875073_thumb.jpg

post-3221-130246875523_thumb.jpg

post-3221-130246875969_thumb.jpg

post-3221-130246876389_thumb.jpg

post-3221-130246876796_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ant is visiting the United States right now and is planning on visiting the Sleeping Bear Dunes. I hunted up a picture my spouse took on her Blackberry a while ago. Thought you might like to see McKite flying on a different beach. This is the backside of the dune with Glen Lake in the background. It's quite a climb to find a clear wind, but what a great view to enjoy while you're flying.

Cheers,

Tom

post-2169-130507497552_thumb.jpg

"quite a climb"???

That little hill is a heart-breaker. It used to be called "Old Forty-Five" (although it is actually more like 20°), but now it has degenerated into "The Dune Climb". Because that face (over the parking lot) is the down-wind side of the dune it is actually at a steeper pitch than the natural "angle of repose" for sand. Any disturbance (like a foot) and the sand wants to slide down-hill, taking the foot with it. You lose about 2/3 of every step you take while climbing, effectively making the effort required three times as much as its actual height of around 260 feet would take if it were a firm surface. (The rest of the dune massif is even bigger and higher. It's a mile and a half to the lake across five more giant dunes. I made that 3-hour trek once as a youth, and again at about age 45. I doubt I'll ever do it again.)

The picture looks to be somewhere between the first crest and the second crest, so it is probably about 200-220' above the parking lot.

Good article HERE.

But the view is good. Glen Lake is often included in 10-Prettiest-Lakes-in-the-World lists. The dune itself is considered Michigan's most famous natural feature. I would definitely call that "with famous landmark background".

Ant is visiting the United States right now and is planning on visiting the Sleeping Bear Dunes. I hunted up a picture my spouse took on her Blackberry a while ago. Thought you might like to see McKite flying on a different beach. This is the backside of the dune with Glen Lake in the background. It's quite a climb to find a clear wind, but what a great view to enjoy while you're flying.

Cheers,

Tom

post-2169-130507497552_thumb.jpg

And all those other folks just hanging around not flying kites. Didnt you take your kite bag wth you Tom what a great mega team oppertunity. A couple of moments tuition for them all, and a new thread could be born. Rev MeGa Team with a famous background. :):kid_devlish:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

On a previous trip I stopped flew at Cadillac Ranch. Since then, someone, who will remain nameless, told me about Bug Ranch in Conway, Texas. Well, nothing to do but the coordinates were entered on the GPS for the latest trip across country. Got to admit that it is a real stretch of the imagination to call it a famous landmark, but what the heck it's a parody anyway!!!

Cheers,

Tom

post-2169-131760835496_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I'd forgotten I was going to post this! Last week, Meaghan and I were in Switzerland, staying with friends and we went up to Zermatt, where the Matterhorn mountain is.

We utterly lucked out, as we got up there, the hills were just clearing out for the day so we managed to find a nice reasonably flat area right near the train and out came the rev! Truly some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever had a chance to fly in.

Below is a shot from that day and a link to some video.

post-3-1326064443_thumb.jpg

The Video :

I'd forgotten I was going to post this! Last week, Meaghan and I were in Switzerland, staying with friends and we went up to Zermatt, where the Matterhorn mountain is.

We utterly lucked out, as we got up there, the hills were just clearing out for the day so we managed to find a nice reasonably flat area right near the train and out came the rev! Truly some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever had a chance to fly in.

Below is a shot from that day and a link to some video.

post-3-1326064443_thumb.jpg

The Video :

http://vimeo.com/34646253

Totally REVolicious! WOW!!!! ...and Envious too!!! smiley-blushing.gif

Thanks for the show! clap_1.gif

Hi I'm a new member of this forum and like to share an image related to my hometown.

The pic is not of very good quality but it's a start ... It was taken at Monument to the Battle of the Nations in my hometown :wub:,

which is definately worth a visit!

6117588_234080c51a_m.png

Take care y'all ...

Looks good to me can I come play..... Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif