REV shots with famous landmark backgrounds!

quadkit

2936913690063511346S600x600Q85.jpg

Jeff and I spent a morning flying at White Sands National Monument in New Mexico. Had already made a video and pics with dual-line a few years back, so decided to make a video and pics with our quads this time around.

Donna

Hi Simon-

How's everything? Thanks for the info on the Nagel girls. I agree with you, completely, this is a a gorgeous kite!http://people.exeter.ac.uk/jastaple/kites/.../one/sevsis.jpg

COOOOOOL shots David, Choccy, Madquad, and Donna..... the beach is stunning.

Hi Dominic-

How have you been? When do you plan on coming south, again? Newport, RI is in 2 weeks.... B) I really enjoyed flying with you.

Aloha

Super Sonic Vented at the Kahului harbor break wall on Maui, July 1st with Iao Valley in the background

Very clean and smooth trade winds from around 15 to 35+mph. It was a blast.

Steve

post-2300-1247075001_thumb.jpg

post-2300-1247075007_thumb.jpg

post-2300-1247075014_thumb.jpg

post-2300-1247075021_thumb.jpg

post-2300-1247075028_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Had a very plesant afternoon up at the Uffington White Horse yesterday flying a good variety of kites in some lovely weather for a change - sun, blue skies and lovely cloud formation.

Snapped this pic of Kathy hovering over the horse

DSC_0304.jpg

There's a bunch more in this album http://picasaweb.google.com/ZarquonsKnees/...eHorseJuly2009#

My legs suffered again though - this time sunburn! So they are currently yellow on the front and red on the backs!

Ant

Oh yeah, another funny thing that happened - we were there with a few kites staked out - Rev's, foils, slk... Kathy had her banner up, and a couple of girls wandered over and asked if they were all for hire :lol: We must've looked professional or something...

Ant

May NOT be a Famous LANDmark BUT it Sure was a Famous SKYmark!

Revs fly with the Thunderbirds at Veterans Park ~ Milwaukee WI...

post-2498-1248714675_thumb.jpg

More pics here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2025...mp;l=2478f995ab

Now THIS is what I call WINDerful!

What a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent shot. How many pictures did you miss them? The Thunderbirds used to come here almost every year but it has been quite awhile sense their last visit.

This is my favorite topic by far. It's like visiting all over the world with friends.

Would someone please take Alden's Photoshop away from him before he hurts himself. :lol:

Hehehehe, I ~Almost~ bought that! :lol:

Jynx: Awesome AWESOME photo! I'm green with envy!

Ant: Sooooo Cool as well! I'm sure y'all did the Rev Family proud! :D

Hi Jynx -

How have you been?

GREAT shots! How coooool to have them in the background! Be proud of those shots....WOW is all I can say!!!

Hi Alden-

That's some great editing!!! I think the smiles were more "spot on"!! B)

Thnx Laura! Couldn't be better... especially after this fly!

It was my son, Ross, behind the camera, while the rest of us had fun flying with the Thunderbirds!

Alden... great work! That's actually what the photo should have looked like if the fourth kite would have been in place... thanks for making it work for us! It was near impossible to get in position with the jets, never knowing exactly where they were coming from... :blink: always a surprising us... what a heart-pounding thrill!

We had such a great time flying to the roarrrrrrrr of the jets! Music to our ears!

Thnx Laura! Couldn't be better... especially after this fly!

It was my son, Ross, behind the camera, while the rest of us had fun flying with the Thunderbirds!

Alden... great work! That's actually what the photo should have looked like if the fourth kite would have been in place... thanks for making it work for us! It was near impossible to get in position with the jets, never knowing exactly where they were coming from... :blink: always a surprising us... what a heart-pounding thrill!

We had such a great time flying to the roarrrrrrrr of the jets! Music to our ears!

Jynx, I thought it was you flying one handed and taking the picture at the same time...

Look at you, flying in a group with other rev fliers! Where you screaming "keep away from my kite"? That's how I remember you flying with Rich and me in TI! :devil:

-Alden

Had a very plesant afternoon up at the Uffington White Horse yesterday flying a good variety of kites in some lovely weather for a change - sun, blue skies and lovely cloud formation.

Snapped this pic of Kathy hovering over the horse

DSC_0304.jpg

There's a bunch more in this album http://picasaweb.google.com/ZarquonsKnees/...eHorseJuly2009#

My legs suffered again though - this time sunburn! So they are currently yellow on the front and red on the backs!

Ant

Is that the horse by the tunnel train thingy that goes to france?, I think i saw it on google earth.

"The Bridge of Sighs Venice"

The bridge leading to the prison that Casanova was held at and escaped from

many years ago.

Ok perhaps not a Rev flying but a Rev T-shirt at a famous landmark.

Not sure flying a Rev from a Gondola would be easy !

post-1491-1248768369_thumb.jpg

Picture is not of Casanova but of Michael from Kiteworld :huh:

I feel sure he will be happy I posted this :lol:

{Yahoo News}CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. - Space shuttle Discovery and a crew of seven rocketed into orbit Tuesday at 11:38 a.m., ducking through clouds.

Hi Denny

don't suppose you thought about flying when The Shuttle, Endeavour took off the other week ?

Not many more opportunities to do this again, (one can dream).

Decommissioning soon :blue-confused:

Would have made an interesting night time long exposure piccie when the ISS went over head - but would have meant a super steady hover ;)

More brake, more brake ;);)

Is that the horse by the tunnel train thingy that goes to france?, I think i saw it on google earth.

the train tunnelly horse thingie is a different horse altogether...

post-1812-1248769298_thumb.jpg

this one also taken with Ant&K on 'his' hill ;)

There are many white horses in UK, but I believe this is one of the oldest if not the oldest.

As Choccy meantioned, this is a different horse... 3000 years old!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uffington_White_Horse

Also the last shot in the album is over Dragon Hill, where St George slew the dragon (allegedly.... :unsure: )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Hill,_Uffington

Ha - forgot about that pic Choccy B) I could say "That looks like a Sedgewick" but only Kathy would get the joke... :blink:

Ant

Hi Denny

don't suppose you thought about flying when The Shuttle, Endeavour took off the other week ?

Not many more opportunities to do this again, (one can dream).

Decommissioning soon :blue-confused:

Would have made an interesting night time long exposure piccie when the ISS went over head - but would have meant a super steady hover ;)

More brake, more brake ;);)

Hi Choccy,

It's not nece$$arily a bad thing that I have to work during most launches. The next opportunity I have I will try some more shots. I would love to do a night launch. I'll leave the ISS shot to a more experienced photographer. To focus on a moving dot 200 miles out and the rev rock solid hover would be a bit of a challenge. The opportunity is there for anyone anywhere. (no Alden not you.) In the future perhaps a shot of the moon in the background while the astronauts are walking around on it will be a memorable picture.

It's not nece$$arily a bad thing that I have to work during most launches.

How about the landings ? That would be cool to fly with the shuttle in the distance too ;)

Just watched the landing... infact followed the whole mission, awesome :)

But they keep saying "choccy" *giggle* I must be hearing things :lol: