REV shots with famous landmark backgrounds!

quadkit

I promised I would try to do this for a long time and today I was able to do it. Next time I will take another person with me to handle the camera.

post-356-1193156359_thumb.jpgpost-356-1193156369_thumb.jpgpost-356-1193156379_thumb.jpg

{Yahoo News}CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. - Space shuttle Discovery and a crew of seven rocketed into orbit Tuesday at 11:38 a.m., ducking through clouds. It carried a giant Tinkertoy-type link that must be installed at the space station before European and Japanese laboratories can arrive.

Great shots,wish i was there to join you with my rbw's

Oh Denny .. GREAT SHOTS Buddy...

Next Time lets Make it a Rev Fly...

We can Make a Smilley Face when It's on the way Up... :kid_content:

Gonna Miss you in Clearwater this weekend my Friend...

Jay

That would be cool :) or even an arrow pointing the way up. I will sure miss not going to Clearwater this weekend. You know I would be there if I could. We need to do a fly next month.

BRAVO! BRAVO!

I was born and raised in the Midwest, I know that I am descended at least from England, Wales, Sweden, France and American Indian.

Attached is a photo of an American Flag Revolution that I made and gave away in 1994. It is a scaled down REV I which is slightly larger then a REV 1.5.

Anymore of the rwb's your willing to part with for this flyer of American Patriotism ;)

• 2 months later...

Not so much a famous landmark, but nevertheless interesting. In the background is Barbury Castle, one of several Iron Age forts in Wiltshire, UK. In this year of anniversaries I thought it was a good idea to pick a landmark that happens to be half way between Bristol and Portsmouth, perhaps giving some people who are visiting us later in the year some tourism ideas ;) But is also seemed an appropriate time, as Rev is celebrating 20 years, to take one of the newest kites in the range against a landmark that is about 2800 years old!

post-1203-1202577822_thumb.jpg

I am not sure why the lady on the left was offering my kite a cup of tea :confused!:

And then I got out a proper kite! It must be rather confusing as it appears to show a beautiful blue sky in England - but folks it's true! We had a wonderful day today with wall to wall sunshine. The temperature even reached 80 degrees [cough!].

post-1203-1202576687_thumb.jpg

Now that's what I call slack line work. :kid_content:

Actually, I had come to Barbury because I had been having trouble learning to fly a circle backwards. I though it would help if I had a go a Barbury because it appears it is on a Lay-line that runs from the white horse at Uffingham down to Stonehenge. So I set up the red devil, made a silent but solemn incantation to the great wizard (Lord Voltamort Bladderbust otherwise known as Roy Wood), and had a go. And spookily enough, guess what! I still couldn't do it! The final pic below is the 'new trick' that resulted from my efforts. A trick that I might say even Mr B cannot manage, and which I like to call the lay-line, wing-wrap, barrel-roll.

post-1203-1202577780_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Not so much a famous landmark, but nevertheless interesting. In the background is Barbury Castle, one of several Iron Age forts in Wiltshire, UK.

Funny thing that, went all that way and flew there, but didn't see the castle at all! :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I don't think this would be labeled as a "famous landmark" but what's inside is sure something to be seen.

Photo taken at the last (I think) kite festival held at the U.S. Air Force Museum (Dayton, OH), October 13, 2002.

post-2127-1210729394_thumb.jpg

That's my Blast, but I do not know who was flying the Rev 1 in front of the stands.

Now, what would really be sweet is a Rev over Stonehenge.

David

I live about 4 miles away from stonehenge. I did check out if there was any sensible flying area which overlooked it, because as Baloo says you cannot now get anywhere near the stones. I couldn't find anything - you would need to trespass on private fields. Finding a site is made even more challenging by the close proximity of the A303, a very busy major road, and a number of airfields near to the henge.

I live about 4 miles away from stonehenge. I did check out if there was any sensible flying area which overlooked it, because as Baloo says you cannot now get anywhere near the stones. I couldn't find anything - you would need to trespass on private fields. Finding a site is made even more challenging by the close proximity of the A303, a very busy major road, and a number of airfields near to the henge.

And I guess my old avatar doesn't count??

But what about my current one that's a famous landmark?? OK OK no photoshop I get it ... will try and get out more :kid_devlish:

post-2056-1210752811_thumb.jpg

I live about 4 miles away from stonehenge.

You could get the view of the stones behind but they would be far away across a field (behind another fence).

If you go past the car park (on the right) and turn off the main road on the next left (some ppl park for free on this dirt track)!

obviously this shot would depend on the wind direction and you'd have to fly over a fence and have a long lens.

do able but not ideal.

If the weather had been good when we went to the Weymouth kite fest we would

have attempted a very naughty pic of a rev over The Giant (Man) on the chalk hill at Cerne Abbas :blush::lol:

*Obviously* the rev would be covering his 'modesty'!

• Like 1

You would need a damn great rev to do that - a blast at least I would have thought!

Alternatively you could practice your hover and get that money shot of a 1.5 doing a wing tip stand right on the end!

(Sorry, I'll close the door on my way out)

(Sorry, I'll close the door on my way out)

Yes !

That was a bit toooo rude Sailor (you're obsessed) :blue_blush:

Shame the Homer Simpson chalk character isn't still beside The Giant....

would have been fun to fly over the doughnut ;)

Pic of Homer Simpson on the Hill in UK.

• Like 1

Modesty? He’s been there naked on that hill side for year’s. I think he’s way past modesty by now, and anyway if memory serves me right, he’s rather well endowed, I shouldn’t think “modesty” is even in his vocabulary.

Link for anyone who doesn’t know what we’re talking about.

http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/majorsi...rne_abbass.html

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...