Countdown to Dunstable (UK)

andelscott

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only did I manage to get a slice of the famed SiSB Lemon Drizzle cake, but am now totally incapacitated for the week following the kite festival. Yes, being part of the MegaTeam (of 18) has left my jaw so sore from all that grinning....

...Great job Mr Hoath! :clap;:ani_yahoo::clap;

Congratulations Andy, your smile said it all :)

It was so much fun in that challenging holey gusty wind too :D

I'm sure the photographer wont mind but some nice shots here ... I might be biased but I particularly like the one of the young girl trying to catch the rev ;)

Not only did I manage to get a slice of the famed SiSB Lemon Drizzle cake, but am now totally incapacitated for the week following the kite festival. Yes, being part of the MegaTeam (of 18) has left my jaw so sore from all that grinning....

...Great job Mr Hoath! :clap;:ani_yahoo::clap;

I just wanted to say well done and thank you to all who flew in the mega team Sunday. We had some of the wettest weather so far this year and i was delighted so many people stayed to fly. It was great to see some who had flown in a mega team before but there were several people for whom it was the first time. The wind was blowing hard and gusty and we had the loudest PA of the year just 5 yards away from the nearest flyer who is now a little deaf.

Thanks to the more experienced fliers who helped their new mega-rever friends understand what I was failing to make heard over the PA. Thanks also to the rest of TFS for making my job so easy all day. I lost track of the number of routines we flew but i enjoyed the 9 person routine the most.

See you all in Portsmouth.

I'm sure the photographer wont mind but some nice shots here ...

Nice pictures - I'm guessing that Abdulrahman's gecko isn't featured as, having seen his lens, I'm guessing the photographer would have needed to travel down to the town centre to get it all in the frame...

Too much fresh air yesterday - I know it was fresh, 'cos it was washed regularly! :lol:

Just a couple of pics from a wet but enjoyable day,

Hi Jade

thanks for taking the piccies and sharing.... (looks like a double diamond moment to me) :D

It was a real pleasure to share the sky with you and try new ideas :kid_content:

Sorry we didn't get a better chance to speak to more people on Sunday... Had a bit of a disasterous day!

It started raining just as we turned up so went and sat it out with a coffee for a while. Then got the kites out (Yellow & Lime vented B's) for half an hour or so and then it started to rain again. Kathy didn't have a mac so went and sheltered in the car - I thought I'd just try and ride it out so kept flying in the rain.

When I decided it wasn't going to pass over, I was already too wet to go and sit in the car, but knowing I had a change of clothes in the boot I just carried on in the rain. Until I was soaked. Really soaked. As wet as you can get with clothes on.

And still it rained. I eventually decided to cut my losses and ended up getting changed in the car park, in the rain (apologies for the display!) and just as I got into the car, THEN it stopped!! ARGH!! I could wring the rainwater out of my socks when I took them off.

Kathy offered to buy me a hot clanger for lunch which was VERY welcome, so off we went. Whilst sitting in the cafe we could see the next band of rain approaching, so I was burning my mouth stuffing in hot suet and apple in an attempt to finish before it arrived. I failed.

So there I was, in my dry set of clothes and it was raining again. Enough was enough - I decided to run back to the car and head home. Only 50 yards to the car, no problem.

Except for the wire fence that I totally failed to see as I ran, head down, whilst trying to negotiate other soggy visitors.

Bang!

If you've ever seen gymnasts spinning their torso around those suspended bars, you have a pretty good idea of what I did - went from being upright to completely upside down on the other side of the fence in an instant. Except my "bar" was a bit of wire 1/8" thick.

There were 3 bits of wire in total, about 6" apart making up the fence. I now have a very red and extremely sore impression of it across my thighs for posterity...

I did mean to come and chat a bit more - G&C - luckily we bumped into each other before it all went so wrong. Would have loved to have seen and maybe take part in the mega fly... have a lot more confidence than this time last year!

I've got a few pics to upload when I get a chance.

Ant

When I decided it wasn't going to pass over, I was already too wet to go and sit in the car, but knowing I had a change of clothes in the boot I just carried on in the rain. Until I was soaked. Really soaked. As wet as you can get with clothes on.

Hey Ant - sorry we've still not met! You should have joined us under the canopy 'beneath' the arena by the bushes. My mother kept remarking how lucky we were that it hadn't rained all day. Short term memory challenges and overhead cover can have its benefits.

Bang!

Ouch!! ...but on the plus side, maybe you gave the St John Ambulance people something to pass their time?

Just uploaded a smattering of pictures - didn't want to waste too much 'dry time' snapping ^_^

http://picasaweb.google.com/ZarquonsKnees/...teFestival2009#

Ant

Some suitably moody images there. I was flying with Ashley and Jade from the green tent thing on the top corner of the arena and had intended to walk over and say hello. Then there was more rain....

I hit a proverbial 'wall' and had to leave c4pm and was sorry to have missed the mega-team.

I think that it is quite extraordinary that c20+ Rev fliers turn up for a small event in the UK. Something must be right. I am looking forward to Portsmouth, Bristol and Berlin. <grins>

Felix

Some suitably moody images there. I was flying with Ashley and Jade from the green tent thing on the top corner of the arena and had intended to walk over and say hello. Then there was more rain....

Felix

Felix - I watched with fascination someone appearing to fly 2 revs from one set of handles for several minutes... before realising the other flyer was sitting in the tent..! :lol: Was that you?

Ant