Noob to forum and to revs

andychapp

Question

Hi,

I just thought i would introduce myself as i have been lurking for some weeks now.

My name is Andy and i am 38 from Peterborough in the u.k.

I have a mrs Andy and 2 little child size Andy's.

I have flown kites on and off for most of my life, starting with single lines when i could stand up to Peter Powell stunt kites when i was a boy throught to some more modern deltas and power kites.

I have now just purchased my first, and i mean my first Rev. It is a used EXP and i am loving it.

If fact i am loving it so much i am now saving for a B-series ( i've only had the exp for a month).

You guys seeem to have a great friendly forum with loads of tips and hints (thats how i know i am getting a b-series).

So thank you all for help.

Also, does any of you know of any rev fliers in Peterborough?

Fly safe

Andy

23 answers to this question

Hi,

I just thought i would introduce myself as i have been lurking for some weeks now.

My name is Andy and i am 38 from Peterborough in the u.k.

I have a mrs Andy and 2 little child size Andy's.

I have flown kites on and off for most of my life, starting with single lines when i could stand up to Peter Powell stunt kites when i was a boy throught to some more modern deltas and power kites.

I have now just purchased my first, and i mean my first Rev. It is a used EXP and i am loving it.

If fact i am loving it so much i am now saving for a B-series ( i've only had the exp for a month).

You guys seeem to have a great friendly forum with loads of tips and hints (thats how i know i am getting a b-series).

So thank you all for help.

Also, does any of you know of any rev fliers in Peterborough?

Fly safe

Andy

Hello and welcome ....Peterborough ? don't know but there are quite a few Rev flyers over at Dunstable Downs ( Bedfordshire) most Sundays :)

Welcome to the forum and the dark side.

Dunstable would be good and they are a great bunch of flyers there, even Gary ;). There was another chap round here from Peterborough i think but I have not seen him for a while. I think Jinx (who is based several thousand miles away!) was in contact with him (jinx????). Bazzerb is in notingham a well.

Anyway advice is on draught here should you need a sup, although it is sometimes wrong and often contradictory! BTW has anyone mentioned setting your kite up leading edge down is a good idea?

BTW has anyone mentioned setting your kite up leading edge down is a good idea?

Andy welcome and Im sure us UK Rev flyers all look forward to meeting you before the summer is over (doesn't leave a lot of time!)

Oh and dont worry about Jeremy (Sailor99) he's just here to remind us all that nobody likes a smart arse :kid_devlish:

Welcome to the forum and the dark side.

Dunstable would be good and they are a great bunch of flyers there, even Gary ;) . There was another chap round here from Peterborough i think but I have not seen him for a while. I think Jinx (who is based several thousand miles away!) was in contact with him (jinx????). Bazzerb is in notingham a well.

Anyway advice is on draught here should you need a sup, although it is sometimes wrong and often contradictory! BTW has anyone mentioned setting your kite up leading edge down is a good idea?

lol Yeah , i found that one out the wrong way. When it nearly took my ears off.

Like i said.

Fly safe.

Hi Andy, May 16th and 17th is the date of the Suffolk Kite Festival held at Rougham Airfield ( near Bury St Edmunds just off the A14 ) several Rev flyer's will be there as well as all the other kiter's more details can be found at www.skfc.co.uk it's a great weekend and a good opportunity to meet other flyer's.

Hi Andy.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the Darkside :big_starwars:

If as you say you come from Peterborough this would probably be a worthwhile trip for you.

http://www.skfc.co.uk/festival/

Iwill be there Sunday, have to work Saturday :(

(Woops! read the opening post, replied then read the rest of the thread.)

and another page to bookmark.

http://www.kitecalendar.co.uk/

Hello and welcome ....Peterborough ? don't know but there are quite a few Rev flyers over at Dunstable Downs ( Bedfordshire) most Sundays :)

Don't count on seeing Gary there any time soon, he tends to get better offers in the summer, only wants to know us lesser mortals in the winter.

Extract from another conversatin (by PM)

Rougham is a WW2 airfield beside the A14 (I think) it's in my sat nav, just outside Bury St Edmunds, huge and flat, typical East Anglian countryside. It can clearly be seen you from the main road especially of festival days, as there tends to quite a display of big inflatable SLKs, the festival field layout was changed a bit last year and I don't think it worked quite as well so who knows this year. There's a display arena, an SLK arena, a competition arena and an area for buggies and boarders and there's still plenty of space for Joe Public, though to be honest I tend not to fly too much, it's not my favorite festival but it does hold a very special place in my heart, it's the festival that marks the true beginning of the season for me, and I tend to look on it as a place to catch up with some old friends that I haven't seen all winter, I will be there Sunday, and it looks like a car load of mates and Kites.

Extract from another conversatin (by PM)

Rougham is a WW2 airfield beside the A14 (I think) it's in my sat nav, just outside Bury St Edmunds, huge and flat, typical East Anglian countryside. It can clearly be seen you from the main road especially of festival days, as there tends to quite a display of big inflatable SLKs, the festival field layout was changed a bit last year and I don't think it worked quite as well so who knows this year. There's a display arena, an SLK arena, a competition arena and an area for buggies and boarders and there's still plenty of space for Joe Public, though to be honest I tend not to fly too much, it's not my favorite festival but it does hold a very special place in my heart, it's the festival that marks the true beginning of the season for me, and I tend to look on it as a place to catch up with some old friends that I haven't seen all winter, I will be there Sunday, and it looks like a car load of mates and Kites.

Taxi :)

... I have a mrs Andy and 2 little child size Andy's. ...

Oh Andy, that's so sad. No not that you have a missus and the kids, but that fact that you are threatening their futures with flying Revs. Don't you know that most Brits catch the kite flying virus so bad that they end up with bag after bag filled with poly and carbon fiber and other stuff they "just have to have." There's got to be something in the gene pool that causes this weakness in their ability to say simply back away from the kite attraction. Ask Big Bri how many kites he has ... he doesn't buy just a single kite, he buys a handful of them at a time. And Jonesey, and Sailor, and on, and on, and on ...

So, please protect the future of your little ones and carefully back away ... well, after posting the kite you've already got to my home address, you can back away.

Cheers,

Tom

PS ... welcome to the Rev forum ...

Thany you alll for a warm welcome.

Tom,

With flying for many years i think Mrs Andy has just about got used to "I just need xxxx" or " Hey look at that, That would be really good for (enter kite related use for something)" :) .

However my kite bags are banished to the shed and Mrs Andy is really surprised that everything only costs £50.

Have a nice weekend as i am off to the coast for a few days soon.

Andy

Hi all!

Just thought i'd make my first posting on Andy's Topic here, as after meeting him flying his EXP on Saturday I too have been converted to the Way of the Revolution!

I'd gone down to the local park to fly my 3 week old Ozone Flow 4 and saw Andy tricking the Rev. We got talking, I mentioned I'd been thinking of buying a B Series after seeing the iQuad and Barresi vids on Youtube and being TOTALLY blown away, and he let me take the lines! What a gent - now I am truly hooked and will be placing my order this week! :w00t:

I've been flying both delta trick kites and 4 line traction kites for a number of years, but i have seen the light and the Revolution has opened my mind to endless possibilities. Just can't wait to be flying my own B Series now, and look forward to the learning process with the help of this great forum.

Cheers one and all

Nik