And the winner is....

monkey

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, theres like 6 of you sitting here hitting refresh eh?

Thats cool. Ben is standing behind me now and....

the weiner winner is....

ANTHONY! The Antman!

(sorry ben doesnt have the last name here with him)

I said to Ben earlier that there was a good handful of people who I felt would be over the moon with winning this, and Anthony was certainly in that group, as were you, Stryker2

The total amount of entries was astounding, 1140 people sent Ben birthday cards and some people did exceptional work with some great originality.

Thank you to everyone, from Ben and Revolution Kites!

Me? I need another margarita to drown my sorrows in not winning myself, styker, i'm buying, lets go!

Oh, and Anthony? You have to let us all fly it, k?

Well I finally managed to get some sleep after a verrrrry long day of waiting for the news.

May I say once again "CONGRATS ant, you are a very, very lucky man indeed." I know you have the same passion for kiting as I do, so it could not have gone to a more deserving person. (besides myself perhaps ;-)

All is not lost for me however, as I have my ordered custom rainbow SUL comming in on Monday, which I have been waiting 6 to 8 weeks for as well as Ben was very kind to offer me a set of custom handles "to try out" . since I only have one set of handles, the custom ones will come in handly. They would have so gone great with the stunning masterpiece series :)

I have a lot to be grateful for. 1st.ly, I'm alive (I didn't expect to make 45) I have a new found passion (kiting) kiting has helped me immensly with my health and disability for which I am very grateful. Kiting has had a bigger influence in my life in the past 7 months, than any other activity I have ever participated in.

My only regret is that I didn't discover kiting sooner.

That been said, I am a little dissapointed to report that after months of looking for people to fly with, I am still flying by myself.

I have a number of ads running in local publications, but do you think I can find even one person interested to give it a try?

I have tried changing my ads, using catch phrases, but to no avail.

Here is a link to just 2 of the approx 7 ads I have out there:

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd?AdId=875...67-3ea7ffff62d3

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd?AdId=786...63-9f83ffffd896

Am I doing something wrong??

Or am the only nutcase interested in kites here in Toronto?

I have had no response and/or support from TKF (they seem to shut down in winter?) although Normofthenorth is the only person here, who has contacted m to go flying in "nose bleed" country.(far out of town)

Dissapointed but not discouraged, my intention is to introduce new people to this great sport this summer.

If I can influence just one person to get passionate about kiting as I am, I will be satisfied. :)

Found it at last. Been looking for this thread all day. Shows how daft I am unfortunatly, and that was after Monkey left me a clue on the other thread.

Well don Ant, there had to be a winner and if it wasnt me it is good that it went to someone who is very "active" on the forums and in quad flying.

Shame you didnt get it Stryker, not for the want of trying of course, been good waiting with you. No plans to go to Canada but will certainly look you up if I do.

Thank you Ben, for giving us all a bit of fun. It was very generous of you. If you have followed the threads on the forums it should have been entertaining for you. Hope you had a fantastic birthday. You probably needed to spend most of it finding somwhere to put all the cards. hope you wore my badge!!