Best movie quotes

Morrunya

My favorite movie quote is: "Frankly my dear, I could give a damn"

The actor was Clark Gable as Rhett Butler and he said it to Vivien Leigh as Scarlett O'Hara.

Now without using Google or a similar search engine; What is the movie?

I thought it was "don't" not "could", but the movie is Gone With the Wind.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought it was "don't" not "could", but the movie is Gone With the Wind.

I do believe you are correct with the don't versus could.

The movie name is correct and first played years before I was born.

Seems to me it took place in Charleston where I once lived for a few months.

And here I was racking my brain for some movie (maybe a spoof?) where the same two actors played the same two characters but delivered the line with a subtly wrong change. I guess that's what you get when you tend to over-think things.

I have actually watched this movie and even read the original book within the past year.

A surprising number of classic movies were released in 1939; can you think of another very famous movie from 1939 and, without naming it, give a quote from it that establishes that you have the right movie.

(BTW, it only came out 4 years before *I* was born. That's not so long ago.)

"Let them Sing" Hunt for Red October. Of Course to say this properly you must speak Connerese. "Let them Shing"

"Spam in a can" The Right Stuff

"Huston We have a problem" Apollo 13

"you're clear kid, let's blow this joint and go home" Star Wars

And my favorite quote from a TV shows

"smeghead" Red Dwarf

"Some say, he knows two fact about ducks....... and both are wrong" Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear when talking about the Stig.

And here I was racking my brain for some movie (maybe a spoof?) where the same two actors played the same two characters but delivered the line with a subtly wrong change. I guess that's what you get when you tend to over-think things.

I have actually watched this movie and even read the original book within the past year.

A surprising number of classic movies were released in 1939; can you think of another very famous movie from 1939 and, without naming it, give a quote from it that establishes that you have the right movie.

These were about that time in the a movie made in North Africa:

Play it once, Sam. For old times' sake. - Ingrid Bergman

Here's looking at you, kid. - Humphrey Bogart

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine. - Humphrey Bogart

I'm thinking "...and your little dog Toto too"

Casablanca (1942) is not quite so old as GWTW and the movie I am thinking of.

1939 was a blockbuster year for movies. Over 1500 of them are listed on IMdB. The list of first ten that I am looking at has only one movie that I am not familiar with, and that is not usually considered a classic. Out of the first fifty, I have only not-seen 6 or 7.

Think: "xxxx, we're not in xxxxxx anymore."

<snip> "Let them Sing" Hunt for Red October. Of Course to say this properly you must speak Connerese. "Let them Shing" <snip>

<snip> "Some say, he knows two fact about ducks....... and both are wrong" Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear when talking about the Stig. <snip>

Connerese :lol: My sister and I always laugh about what Sean Connery might order for breakfast: "Shereal, Shpecial K pleash. Eggsh. Shaushagesh. Bishcuitsh. What do you need my Shocial Shecurity Number for?" :lol:

Top Gear is my favorite television show..................................................... in the world :blue-love: when they added it to Netflix I almost cried.

I like this quote from both a movie and a television show:

Samuel L. Jackson, A Time To Kill: "Yes they deserve to die! And I hope the burn in Hell!"

Dave Chappelle, Chappelle's Show, playing Samuel L. Jackson: "YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE, AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!!"

:)

I often have the Netflix on when I'm working.......

Thru all the Top Gear on Netflix?? Start playing through the music documentaries! A to Zepplin is a great place to start ;)

Time to start watching old episodes of The A-Team and Mission Impossible :)

Round it out with some Blue Planet or the Life of Birds, or some other documentary :)