signing sails???

REV4U

Tim,

I had iQuad sign three B-series at Wildwoods last year with a black sharpie and have seen very little to no bleed through on any of the sails. I also have a Shook Mesh that is signed with the same type marker again with no bleed through. I will be at MIKE (Thursday through Monday) so come on over to the WOW set up on the beach. We don't bite (much) and would love to meet you to exchange ideas / war stories.

Dave S

Wings over Washington member

Hey John, I'm just a NEW-B in this wing thing.... ;) less than a year flying kites and only 3 months with a REV WING.... B)

now I don't even know about TRADING CARDS, but what I do have is a KILLER REV G-FORCE Yo Yo.... :devil: I think that's pretty neat... :wub:

any insider info on them??? thanks guys for your time... :)

I don't know too much about the REV YO-YO as I could never use them well. It was never my thing.

I do know they are NOT made anymore. They were expensive and they were really top end stuff.

I did notice one a couple years ago at a Kite shop in San Diego, so if you are looking for another one, you might start asking around at kite shops and see if they might have one laying back in the stock room some where or in a drawer.

Tim,

I had iQuad sign three B-series at Wildwoods last year with a black sharpie and have seen very little to no bleed through on any of the sails. I also have a Shook Mesh that is signed with the same type marker again with no bleed through. I will be at MIKE (Thursday through Monday) so come on over to the WOW set up on the beach. We don't bite (much) and would love to meet you to exchange ideas / war stories.

Dave S

Wings over Washington member

Hey Dave, thanks for this info..... I took the BIG LEAP of faith last night and took a BLACK SHARPIE to one of my REV II sails and NO BLEED THROUGH!!

I then went to a Prism E2 and tried that sail..... again NO BLEEDING, but on the sail of a Prism Micron....WATCH OUT!!!!

what can a REV FLYER EXPECT, THIS IS IT: you can't TRUST A KITE!!!!!! stay SAFE and FLY A WING :P

I will definately HUNT U down on the sand....looking for the WOW booth/set up... B) I will be arriving Friday late morning and staying until Sunday afternoon.... it's gonna be a LOAD of FUN!!! looking forward to meeting ALL the REV PLAYERS.... ;)

REV KITES R JUST 2 COOL 4 SCHOOL... 2 lines are COOL, but 4 lines will TAKE U 2 SCHOOL.... :devil: fly REV or stay on the PORCH!!!! :wacko:

I don't know too much about the REV YO-YO as I could never use them well. It was never my thing.

I do know they are NOT made anymore. They were expensive and they were really top end stuff.

I did notice one a couple years ago at a Kite shop in San Diego, so if you are looking for another one, you might start asking around at kite shops and see if they might have one laying back in the stock room some where or in a drawer.

Hey John, yes I realize that they are NO LONGER in production.... :wacko: yo yo's are like kites to me.... just another toy on the end of a string.... I already have a G-Force yo yo with the FACTORY PACKAGING and it's gotta be the COOLEST thing around....in yo yo terms at least.... I'm bringing it with me to MIKE and hopefully the TEAM FACTORY will have all the info I want... :)

again, yes they were VERY EXPENSIVE, but hey if it's got REV on it, then it's GOTTA BE WORTH IT!!!! B)

We're still checking out the Blasts... Not 100% committed to them yet.

Had a lot of difficulty getting them to do what we need as a team, but Steve should be playing with some simple mods at Clover Point... We'll see what they all come up with.

As I think I have said elsewhere, I found the smaller speed series kites great for nailing the snap turns and other long arm techniques. The exaggerated handling required translated very well back into the 1s and 1.5s flying style. I also wondered how it would be possible to integrate speed series flying into team performance and suspected that slo-mo/treacle might be the way forward in which case the Blast may be an idea candidate. <grins>

I think that it is a case of needing plenty of fliers with practical experience in order to see the way forward.

Felix