signing sails???

REV4U

Hey Rev heads.... I will be at MIKE this weekend and am interested in having the iQuad team sign a sail???? Oh and Ben & Lolly too... ;)

any suggestions as to what type of PEN to purchase for a QUALITY JOB.... NO BLEED THRU??? :blue-cool:

Paint pens/sticks or whatever you want to call them. I found in the past they are the best to prevent bleeding on kite spinnaker. The paint does wear off with use, in time..

The best I found came from the German company Edding. If I remember correctly Pentel also has a line. I know there are others.

Most common are metallic colors such as gold and silver. I have also had copper. Then there are other paint colors such as red, blue, black, white and etc.

In SD I found some Chines ones for $1.50, now $1.69 which is considerably cheaper with somewhat reduced quality, but they work for most things.

thanks for the reply on this John... so most any paint pen with a RATTLE inside will do and won't bleed into the sail material???? I will try to track the Edding pen, cause the Germans care... :huh: any suggestion of what color works best for showing signatures???? seems metallic gold or silver??? or just a solid color??? I'm open to ALL SUGGESTIONS...

thanks for the reply on this John... so most any paint pen with a RATTLE inside will do and won't bleed into the sail material???? I will try to track the Edding pen, cause the Germans care... :huh: any suggestion of what color works best for showing signatures???? seems metallic gold or silver??? or just a solid color??? I'm open to ALL SUGGESTIONS...

Go for the metallics. Silver has the best contrast on mid to dark colors. For light colors the gold has the best contrast.

I notice some sold in the USA are Kyron(sp) and Sharpie(sp). Make sure they are labeled something like "paint" markers.

Depends what color the sail is. Go for a contrasting color, like silver on dark color sails. or black on a lighter sail. Have teams use one color no one else uses, that way they stand out.

Just my 2c worth B)

You lucky dog Walt!!! :) If your new kites don't have it, wouldn't it be nice to have the previous owner sign you new set of eye's? Gold maybe?

Your going to pull one or the other out at the Clinic for at least a couple minutes?? Pleasse. I'll let ya fly my new Pro :P

Was supposed to get a picture of it. :huh: Baz or John, please post the Bazzer pic of my new baby. I really wanna see it since I won't recieve it till sometime later this week or hopefully early next week. That pic Bazzer really seems to POP. Well at least to me. From what I've seen it's a GORGEOUS Sail. I'm saying no stains now, but I really can't promise anything. ;):lol:

Dean

Warm and fuzzy having a hand in design. :wub: Bazzers the best ;)

Dean

Depends what color the sail is. Go for a contrasting color, like silver on dark color sails. or black on a lighter sail. Have teams use one color no one else uses, that way they stand out.

Just my 2c worth B)

I like the idea that the TEAM SIGNS IN ONE COLOR ONLY!!! thanks for the input.... it's gonna be a blast in OC... ;)

As I recall, Rawveeda (Steve) used a regular Sharpie marker to get everyody to sign his sail during a Rev clinic last year and there wasn't any bleeding from that. I'm pretty sure it's held up pretty well, but I'm not steve, so I can't really comment on that one.

I tried a SHARPIE on an old Prism kite sail and it went BALLISTIC with the bleeding, needless to say I didn't try much....maybe REV sail material is WAY DIFFERENT than Prism kite sail material???? thanks for the input.... :huh:

Hey Ang-

You are correct. I used a black Sharpie for mine. It's been in the water many times and there's been no fading or bleeding.

alright, then we have confirmation??? standard sharpie is gonna work on a REV SAIL???? here's a good question.....are all REV sails the same material???? maybe it bleed on some sails and not others???? :blink:

Hey Rev heads.... I will be at MIKE this weekend and am interested in having the iQuad team sign a sail???? Oh and Ben & Lolly too... ;)

any suggestions as to what type of PEN to purchase for a QUALITY JOB.... NO BLEED THRU??? :blue-cool:

Hi when I/we The Flying Squad sign kites :blushing: , I/we use either a Gold or Silver metallic, also have a black Sharpie style for the names or //X logo.

If i'm there you also get it organsied so it goes in order with Stephen at the top working down, and keeping them together.

PS if any ladies sign, get them to kiss the kite, I have a Cyborg from World Cup 1 which still has the lipstick marks, so as long as you dont fly it or get it out of the bag they last ages :wacko:

PS Tim, dont forget to get your iQuad trading cards and get the guys to sign them, no Rev home should be without them !

Hi when I/we The Flying Squad sign kites :blushing: , I/we use either a Gold or Silver metallic, also have a black Sharpie style for the names or //X logo.

If i'm there you also get it organsied so it goes in order with Stephen at the top working down, and keeping them together.

PS if any ladies sign, get them to kiss the kite, I have a Cyborg from World Cup 1 which still has the lipstick marks, so as long as you dont fly it or get it out of the bag they last ages :wacko:

PS Tim, dont forget to get your iQuad trading cards and get the guys to sign them, no Rev home should be without them !

wow, now I got some answers going on.... not sure about the lipstick cause that seems ALMOST CRIMANALto do anything to a REV sail which won' allow you to fly it.... B) what I'm looking at is my 20yr Anv. edition and I wanted iQuad to SIGN the 1.5B series side of the sail.... :P;)

Oh I won't forget to SNAG ol Ben & Lolly to sign over on the REV I side along with the BRO's.... should make it a KEEPER????

so I will be ARMED with METALLIC SILVER/GOLD and a black SHARPIE just for fun.... oh and it's gonna be FUN!!!!!! :lol:

The trading cards are harder to get your hands on these days, as we're down to the last few dozen sets and don't generally bring them with us, trying to save some of that stuff for retro gifts in the future... Just gotta keep your eyes peeled for the occasional set that may turn up. ;)

The trading cards are harder to get your hands on these days, as we're down to the last few dozen sets and don't generally bring them with us, trying to save some of that stuff for retro gifts in the future... Just gotta keep your eyes peeled for the occasional set that may turn up. ;)

Hey John have you thought of getting new sets with the team holding Blasts.... Hmmm

Hi Tim good luck with the signing.

iQuad are a great bunch of guys so to is Ben, have fun & take 120foot lines if you have them ;)

Lolly is the sweetest, please say Hi from me.

enjoy your time at MIKE

We're still checking out the Blasts... Not 100% committed to them yet.

Had a lot of difficulty getting them to do what we need as a team, but Steve should be playing with some simple mods at Clover Point... We'll see what they all come up with.

No Tim, its not paint. At least i think its not. No rattle

I asked Bazzer what he uses and he recommended this, so if Bazzer recommends it, well.......... B)

Derek.

GOOD AS iQuad GOLD and well, I wish I had a big ol stock of that in the bank.... so until then, I guess the sharpie is gonna do it.. B)

Hi Tim good luck with the signing.

iQuad are a great bunch of guys so to is Ben, have fun & take 120foot lines if you have them ;)

Lolly is the sweetest, please say Hi from me.

enjoy your time at MIKE

thanks Simone, this will be the first time EVER flying a KITE or a REV(there is a difference) with ANYONE ELSE let a lone flying off a beach :wacko:

pretty sad eh?? :P I don't have the 120's but I do have a 100' and some CUSTOM STREET LINES 12' 25' and 50' :devil:

Lolly is top notch and Ben is right there to take up ANY SLACK.... I have dealt with them both and they are SELLING POINTS to REV!!!! :wub:

thanks for all the effort and time on this... best regards...Tim

Hey John, I'm just a NEW-B in this wing thing.... ;) less than a year flying kites and only 3 months with a REV WING.... B)

now I don't even know about TRADING CARDS, but what I do have is a KILLER REV G-FORCE Yo Yo.... :devil: I think that's pretty neat... :wub:

any insider info on them??? thanks guys for your time... :)