B Pro Announcement

Bazzer

Here you go sir. I just use Windows Paint. Use the bucket and you can dump your color into each block. Select the logos with the dotted line selector thingy :P and under view you chose invert colors. Then you can change the center panel color to black and see what it would really look like.

Dean :)

Great flying with you Andy. Hope to do it again.

post-2199-1243346096_thumb.png

Edited by Dean750

Beautiful workmanship Bazz, thank you so much for helping us acquire these magnificent flying kites without any work on our end!

I flew a box-stocker w/Ben at wildwood and I was quite impressed. It could do all my best moves, but I did miss the sissy sticks on the back occasionally. I was most interested in a direct comparison with a replacement bridle I've been using for probably a decade.

I also received a perfect set of no-snag handles from my hero (Ben!)

They have a lesser bend, that's located in a different position, thinner, softer foam. They are nice and long too! I seem to recall Ben saying they were 17-5/8 inches. I'll have to get a picture to share.

Barbara gave me that wink, wink so a new B-Series Pro has been added to my collection. This purchase caused a little trouble though, during the transaction my young student Garrett leans towards me and questioningly confirms that it is my 53rd REV. This question came out a little louder than he intended and my bride looks over at me. "Don't you have another one of these on a special order?" "Yes dear, but that kite is to replace my old B-vented red one. This is completely different." Am I really this smooth? . . . . .... (Or is she just the best wife on the whole planet?)

Beautiful workmanship Bazz, thank you so much for helping us acquire these magnificent flying kites without any work on our end!

I flew a box-stocker w/Ben at wildwood and I was quite impressed. It could do all my best moves, but I did miss the sissy sticks on the back occasionally. I was most interested in a direct comparison with a replacement bridle I've been using for probably a decade.

I also received a perfect set of no-snag handles from my hero (Ben!)

They have a lesser bend, that's located in a different position, thinner, softer foam. They are nice and long too! I seem to recall Ben saying they were 17-5/8 inches. I'll have to get a picture to share.

Barbara gave me that wink, wink so a new B-Series Pro has been added to my collection. This purchase caused a little trouble though, during the transaction my young student Garrett leans towards me and questioningly confirms that it is my 53rd REV. This question came out a little louder than he intended and my bride looks over at me. "Don't you have another one of these on a special order?" "Yes dear, but that kite is to replace my old B-vented red one. This is completely different." Am I really this smooth? . . . . .... (Or is she just the best wife on the whole planet?)

Hello Paul,

I reckon ya smooth and have one of the best Ladys on the planet,

Arent Bazzers Leading edge folds the dogs B......s mate.A Vast Improvement.

Have a goodn Paul

BRIAN...

Paul, You and Barb are great!

I love, love, love the Pro Series! No one believes it could be any different than a regular B, so I tell them, "Here, try it". Every time, they're blown away at the difference..... it's just soooo smooth!

Thanks, Bazzer.

Thought it was just me Laura.

Is it me or is the kite Quicker.More slippy.More responsive.

Realy does seem faster .Could be me.I only have a few hours on them,but its a diffrent kite than the Original B Series thats for sure.

BRIAN...

BRIAN...

O.K. so now I am confused (well the wife might say that is more the rule than the exception). Here I go and buy a 1.5 SLE because I figured it was a good place to start and not three flights later, you guys have me buying a 3 wrap 1/4" LE which I might add was a great improvement in flight characteristics. Then I do a little more reading on the forum and decide I should get a B-series. I am leaning toward a full vent, since the SLE is a full sail and pretty much had my mind made up when I come across this post.

So what really are the differences in the B and the B-pro. And would I be just as happy with a regular B-series.

Also, I have been looking at this kite http://www.kiteconnection.com/cgi-bin/stor...=prd&id=664 figured I could replace the 3 wrap with a race frame which would give me a full sail and a full vent with a race frame, 3 wrap frame, and a 4 wrap frame, which in my estimation should just about cover me for most all wind condition thus making it a while before I would need to add to the collection.

Since it is a Custom, does that mean it is a B-pro, or is it yet another entirely different animal.

Thanks for any help

Also, I have been looking at this kite http://www.kiteconnection.com/cgi-bin/stor...=prd&id=664 figured I could replace the 3 wrap with a race frame which would give me a full sail and a full vent with a race frame, 3 wrap frame, and a 4 wrap frame, which in my estimation should just about cover me for most all wind condition thus making it a while before I would need to add to the collection.

Since it is a Custom, does that mean it is a B-pro, or is it yet another entirely different animal.

Thanks for any help

I have that kite. It is not a B-pro, but rather a standard-B in Custom colors, which was made for the Kite Party (#7) at Huntington Beach, CA, this year. It's a great kite. I would suggest a mid-vent (w/race frame), but that's just me.

PS WARNING: I'm just short of a newbie!

O.K. so now I am confused (well the wife might say that is more the rule than the exception). Here I go and buy a 1.5 SLE because I figured it was a good place to start and not three flights later, you guys have me buying a 3 wrap 1/4" LE which I might add was a great improvement in flight characteristics. Then I do a little more reading on the forum and decide I should get a B-series. I am leaning toward a full vent, since the SLE is a full sail and pretty much had my mind made up when I come across this post.

So what really are the differences in the B and the B-pro. And would I be just as happy with a regular B-series.

Thanks for any help

Hi...

The original B Series is a great kite. It would be a wise choice to get the Full Vent, since you have a full sail already (IMHO).

The B Pro Series is, at this time, and again, my opinion, the BEST kite Revolution has to offer at this time; as far as flight characteristics go. It is a much smoother kite, seems to be quicker and snappier in reverse, and every little detail has been meticulously addressed by Bazzer. The difference in a 1.5 SLE Full Vent to a regular B series Full Vent is huge, to me. The difference in the Regular B and the Pro B are as big.

Good luck and happy flying.

Hi...

The original B Series is a great kite. It would be a wise choice to get the Full Vent, since you have a full sail already (IMHO).

The B Pro Series is, at this time, and again, my opinion, the BEST kite Revolution has to offer at this time; as far as flight characteristics go. It is a much smoother kite, seems to be quicker and snappier in reverse, and every little detail has been meticulously addressed by Bazzer. The difference in a 1.5 SLE Full Vent to a regular B series Full Vent is huge, to me. The difference in the Regular B and the Pro B are as big.

Good luck and happy flying.

I would agree with Laura.

There's a huge difference in flight characteristics between the SLE and a B-Series

(not just the frame choices either, as all their sticks are interchangeable).

There's another significant step-up again in the Pro, . . .... not as large as the previous jump,

but certainly presented immediately to a pilot with some experience.

(Yes I could feel the difference and I was pretty set in my mind to dispute those feelings too!)

I compared the stock PRO (right out of the bag) to my own highly modified SUL B-series and found it superior even in very low wind conditions, using 80 feet of 90# LPG on 17 inch no-snag handles. I can't imagine how well my new SUL Pro-vented is going to be ~ but I'm excited and check the mailbox each day!

If you are looking for recommendations, the PRO is worth the few bucks extra it might cost you.

It is a very smooth flying kite that will last you for years. Heck it will probably be years before you can master everything it's capable of doing also. That equates to a cheap time that is so rewarding as well as challenging.

What a deal!!!

-paul

PS: I should probably add, these comparisons were done at Wildwood under the most ideal of conditions. Absolutely perfect, smooth wind, directly off of the ocean. I will ask some of my WOW friends to make a direct comparison at our 1st Sunday Fly in June. We'll see if my opinion changes on our home turf, but I doubt it will. The Pro b-series is one heck of an upgrade to anyone's bag!

(held at the Washington Monument = died calm, high humidity, blazing sun and big crowds)

Here you go sir. I just use Windows Paint. Use the bucket and you can dump your color into each block. Select the logos with the dotted line selector thingy :P and under view you chose invert colors. Then you can change the center panel color to black and see what it would really look like.

post-2199-1243346096_thumb.png

Dean :)

Great flying with you Andy. Hope to do it again.

Is there one of these cool picture thingys of the new Blast sail pattern?

Heres something else to consider.

As far as I know the B Series and the B Pro cost about the same. Difference is that the B comes with 2 frames and handles. The Pro is kite only with your choice of frames.

Just a thought.

If you already have 13" handles and lines then go for the Pro. As Laura said, it IS the BEST Rev out there to date. And as the post right before this one has the sail template you can save it and use Paint to figure out your colors. It'll work for both the B and B Pro. If you choose to go with a B just make sure to fill in the lower tips of the vertical panels the same as the upper part.

Just make sure that if you go with a mid or full vent Pro to get the std sail Pro as soon as possible. Just about anything will fly in heavy wind, it's the low wind IMO that sets the Pro apart from the rest.

Dean