B Pro Announcement

Bazzer

Ladies and Gentlemen big announcement time for the B Pro project,

Up to now the finish work has all been done by the factory.

From this day forth all B Pro's will be finished by me.

Yes!

Leading and trailing edges.

I have reworked the Leading edge so that there are no hot cut edges.

Everything is folded and smooth....yes we finally have it!

The trailing edges are perfect and crisp.

See attached photos,

Well done Rev for moving forward, its great to work for a company that listens to its family.

Bazzer

post-170-1240022447_thumb.jpg

post-170-1240022462_thumb.jpg

post-170-1240022478_thumb.jpg

post-170-1240022490_thumb.jpg

post-170-1240022499_thumb.jpg

post-170-1240022508_thumb.jpg

Ant, the mesh tears aren't an issue with the quality or manufacturing.

It's mishandling or abuse (i.e. crashes).

I've not had damaged mesh on *any* of my Revs in nearly 10 years.

The way they're physically handled and rolled up are the cause of these tears, along with repeated crashing. ;)

Ant, the mesh tears aren't an issue with the quality or manufacturing.

It's mishandling or abuse (i.e. crashes).

I've not had damaged mesh on *any* of my Revs in nearly 10 years.

The way they're physically handled and rolled up are the cause of these tears, along with repeated crashing. ;)

Hi John.. good point.. and on that note, would you mind explaining exactly how the revs should be rolled up and put away.. for those who are still learning or just beginning .. I think it's a good thing for everyone to know.. .

thanks,

mousie

And Congratsssssss to Bazzer, nicely done mate!

When handling the kite, make sure your fingers don't stress the mesh (a very common occurrence - one of the biggest factors).

Regular crashing compounds the likelihood of mesh break down.

When you pack up the kite, there are two folds (where the rods pull apart)...

Make sure you put at least 2" of space between the ends of the spars, so there is a good amount of unsparred leading edge.

Shift the fold point periodically.

Don't roll it up too tightly.

Make sure the kite is rolled without crumpling the sail.

Don't force it into the bag, twist it in, going with the way the kite is rolled so it doesn't expand.

Focusing on these things should significantly extend the life of your mesh. :)

When handling the kite, make sure your fingers don't stress the mesh (a very common occurrence - one of the biggest factors).

Regular crashing compounds the likelihood of mesh break down.

When you pack up the kite, there are two folds (where the rods pull apart)...

Make sure you put at least 2" of space between the ends of the spars, so there is a good amount of unsparred leading edge.

Shift the fold point periodically.

Don't roll it up too tightly.

Make sure the kite is rolled without crumpling the sail.

Don't force it into the bag, twist it in, going with the way the kite is rolled so it doesn't expand.

Focusing on these things should significantly extend the life of your mesh. :)

Thanks John,

I know you have talked about that at the clinics, but some may not have heard it and I think it helps.

John, can I clarify with you.

When you say, dont roll too tightly, the trick you show on the B DVD, with linking the end of the bridle round the bottom pontd of the kite.

Is this just right as far as tension or do you think maybe too tight?

Just wanted to confirm, as this is the way I normaly roll my 1.5s up.

Hey Bazzer-

Your work is awesome... can't wait to see this up close and personal!!!! ;) You have definitely raised the bar, once again!!!

Yes Baz, your work is awesome.

But, about that raising the bar stuff!!! You and Ben are cruel!!! First you tweak stuff a little here and then a little there. And then, like the country song suggests, I'm coveting the next new thing. Bought a spare set of handles ... right away the pro handles came out. Bought a Gold and Raspberry SUL (white center) and then the black center, symmetrical Gold and Raspberry comes out. Thought long and hard before buying a Lime #4 Pro mid-vent, and now, not only are you doing the entire kite, but there's an assortment of fades available. Plus, you're signing the leading edge prominently so that everyone will know that I have one of the "older" out-of-date Pro kites.

So, please let me enjoy my "new" stuff a little longer before you tickle my fickle nature with newer stuff. And yes, it is raining today and I don't like that either.

Pfmfph,

Tom

Yes Baz, your work is awesome.

But, about that raising the bar stuff!!! You and Ben are cruel!!! First you tweak stuff a little here and then a little there. And then, like the country song suggests, I'm coveting the next new thing. Bought a spare set of handles ... right away the pro handles came out. Bought a Gold and Raspberry SUL (white center) and then the black center, symmetrical Gold and Raspberry comes out. Thought long and hard before buying a Lime #4 Pro mid-vent, and now, not only are you doing the entire kite, but there's an assortment of fades available. Plus, you're signing the leading edge prominently so that everyone will know that I have one of the "older" out-of-date Pro kites.

So, please let me enjoy my "new" stuff a little longer before you tickle my fickle nature with newer stuff. And yes, it is raining today and I don't like that either.

Pfmfph,

Tom

:) Hello Tom,hows it going pal.Hope the Mrs is well and your good self.

Fair point mate on the changes.I thought electrical stuff was a fast market for change.Ive only flown my $1200 set twice and now ther not only old models,thers a Super Pro Version.

Its seems a very Obvious improvement and Bravo for the upgrade on the kite.Ile keep an eye on the MK1s i have and see if they wear,fray,,,,,,,

Nice work Bazzer

BRIAN...

:) Hello Tom,hows it going pal.Hope the Mrs is well and your good self.

Fair point mate on the changes.I thought electrical stuff was a fast market for change.Ive only flown my $1200 set twice and now ther not only old models,thers a Super Pro Version.

Its seems a very Obvious improvement and Bravo for the upgrade on the kite.Ile keep an eye on the MK1s i have and see if they wear,fray,,,,,,,

Nice work Bazzer

BRIAN...

Hello my friend,

We're both doing well, thanks for asking.

It really was an obvious improvement! But ... darn ... I've only flown my Pro once.

Please tell Deb hello.

Cheers,

Tom

Smooth edges on the leading edge and at the corners is a great step forward,.. Thanks Bazz and Rev!

how about a little belt-loop shaped COVER

placed over the bottom elastic knots?

Can you sew it down as 3 mountain tops with two valleys between?

That way the stick can't wiggle around in a sudden gust and you can still reach underneath to tune elastic tension easily when needed.

• 1 month later...