REV II(2) classic colors - 1990 to 1996

johnnmitchell

John - Don't mean to hijack this thread - Would this date single color sails after these dates, then?? confused_1.gif My son has a single color (pink) and I'm trying to date it properly!! Any info gladly accepted!!! I think I purchased it for him around 1997-8, but dates are a little cloudy for me after my stroke!!

John - Don't mean to hijack this thread - Would this date single color sails after these dates, then?? confused_1.gif My son has a single color (pink) and I'm trying to date it properly!! Any info gladly accepted!!! I think I purchased it for him around 1997-8, but dates are a little cloudy for me after my stroke!!

The Rev II was produced in the single color with curved logo from 1990 through 1996. There were some with the straight logo in 1997, however it is unknown if they were sold.

The Rev II Classic was produced from 1990 to 1996. It has a center panel and then the two tip panels.

The REV II Rainbow(known as the Sedgwick panel layout) was produced from 1991 to 1996 then again from about 2003 to 2010 and maybe this year.

Te REV II Neo-Classic was only produced in 1997.

I hope this helps.

The Rev II was produced in the single color with curved logo from 1990 through 1996. There were some with the straight logo in 1997, however it is unknown if they were sold.

The Rev II Classic was produced from 1990 to 1996. It has a center panel and then the two tip panels.

The REV II Rainbow(known as the Sedgwick panel layout) was produced from 1991 to 1996 then again from about 2003 to 2010 and maybe this year.

Te REV II Neo-Classic was only produced in 1997.

I hope this helps.

Take a look at the thread "REV II(2) basic colors" for the different known colors of the REV II Basic.

The photo I saw he was flying three kites all matching colors, a 1 and two 2's . It was on his facebook but he has gone missing from my page. I've been trying to convince him to sell them to me, but alas...

Both Roger and Janice Maddy have also disappeared from my friends on Facebook. I presume they have closed their Facebook accounts.

Gotta look at the logo to see what shape it's in!! Just trying to keep things straight in my mind and identify things properly!! Thanks for your info!!!:)

Checked out the logo- Straight across on pink solid sail!! So that would put it around 1997!!??:wacko: Sounds about right, I bought it for my son when Rev 1s were way too big for him!!!:huh: The Rev 2 was small enough for him to handle at that age and what was available at that time!! There weren't any vented kites back then!! :angry: He flew it at WSIKF this summer, got a race frame for it and is it a lot of fun when the wind is up!!:)

Checked out the logo- Straight across on pink solid sail!! So that would put it around 1997!!??:wacko: Sounds about right, I bought it for my son when Rev 1s were way too big for him!!!:huh: The Rev 2 was small enough for him to handle at that age and what was available at that time!! There weren't any vented kites back then!! :angry: He flew it at WSIKF this summer, got a race frame for it and is it a lot of fun when the wind is up!!:)

That would be the first straight logo single color REV II that I have verified made it on the market. I am presuming there were a few more.

As for vented, the Rev 1.5 and REV II Rainbow were both available in 1996. I won a number of comps with REV 1.5 vented in 1996, which is the year I won the European Championships. I don't have it any more but I do have a REV II vented from 1996 with the curved logo.

Nice to know there were vented kites available, just not in the area we got all our kites from!!:) My boy was small and the size was perfect for him! Now he's all growed up and can handle any of the sizes!! :)

They were in the Revolution catalogs from the time. However very few kite shops stocked the vented REVs. Even today not all kite shops stock the vented versions. It all depends on the general demand of the customer whether they are stocked or not.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi All,

Had to sign up just to post.

Here is my poor old 1990 Rev II yellow and blue tips. blue_inlove.gif

Purchased from the kite shop near the aquarium at the base of Diamond Head in Hawaii.

It was my first quad, and I have moved on to buggies and power kites mostly now.

But the Rev was used a hell of a lot in it's early years, to the extent that it is now quite soft and supple, not really what you want from a kite.

Still have the original hand cut plywood winder, which is used for my Rev lines (I also got a B Series a few years ago).

Had to sew up the mesh to the leading edge in patches.

And only ever had one broken spar, considering how much of a beating it's taken, that's dam good.

So is the new B2 just like the Rev II, but only better?

Cheers, Nigel

post-6216-0-20753200-1454940063_thumb.jpg

Welcome Nigel,

Great on ya to sign up.....

I wouldn't say "better", just different...but to be confusing it is better in a way.

I've never tried a B2 but I do notice a difference in flying a 1.5 vs a B1.5......more crisper for lack of a better term, so I'm imagining the same except a bit quicker... Others can explain better but the downward panels plus the deeper center panel do make a difference....

However I'm more partial to a Sedgwick style Rev 2 (as well as the 1's!!! See pix in link below.) I just like the sail/panel layout better. I wish they made a Sedg 1.5!!!!

For example....but different sizes here....I have a Zen that is real nice but I also have a Robertshaw 1, which to me is more nice and it is somewhat based on the Sedg style.....

They all are good!!!!

bt

• Like 2