REV II(2) classic colors - 1990 to 1996

johnnmitchell

The REV II Classic was produced from 1990 to 1996 only having the curved logo.

The sail design was the same as the Neos Omega and the first REV I being only three panels. As far as I have been able to determine, the logo was always black and always curved. Known colors are: (center first and then tips)

post-41-1239744076_thumb.jpg

- blue - yellow tips <--- from nckiter

- pink - back tips <--- from boomzilla

- red - black tips

- red - blue tips <--- from FortFlyer

- white - orange tips

- white - yellow tips

- yellow - pink tips <--- from johnnmitchell

- yellow - blue tips

- purple - pink tips <--- from hzyakite 25 Jan 2011

- black - red tips (red logo) <--- from Daryld 8 Feb 2011

I know that there were a whole slew of colors combination's for the REV II Classic. Which ones can you verify existed?

Many Thanks, John

edited: 13:40 EST - 2009-04-22

Not sure John. I often wonder what makes Blue Blue, and Turquoise Turquoise. Here is another picture of it. Taken the same day, slightly different light. Also the one I have posted of the Stack in the Basic post looks different again.

post-260-1239746073_thumb.jpg

I will get them out of my bag tomorrow and have a better look. Bit late now.

You are probably right. More Turquoise than Blue.

Hello John

I've been looking through my piccies.....

Does a rev II with curved logo but with two different coloured trailing edge tips count in this category ????

Yes, we are looking for the three physical panel layout with their color variations. Usually the tips are the same color, however I have heard of white REV IIs with one tip blue and one tip red. Seems to me Simon has one, but he is silent on this subject for the moment.

Seems to me Simon has one, but he is silent on this subject for the moment.

Exactly, thanks

I have a (poor) picture of Simon's rev from Southampton festival last year on short lines, he may chime in and tell you about the special rods too (?):

Yes, we are looking for the three physical panel layout with their color variations. Usually the tips are the same color, however I have heard of white REV IIs with one tip blue and one tip red. Seems to me Simon has one, but he is silent on this subject for the moment.

Sorry John, lost my camera in the house right now. My 6 year old took some pictures and it's gone missing since.

I have several Rev 2's

Including a special built for Dave Brittain, white with one red & one blue tip. Its a lighter fabric & lighter LE. Also have very thin spars. It was made as a 3 stack which Dave used for Indoor shows. He gave it to me back in 1996 at London Arena to mark my breaking his Indoor Endurance record. I think it may also be the one he used at World Cup in Berkley when he did his Indoor demo in the dinning area. Great story a few of us went in HE started flying, room wasnt big coul donly go 180, bang off the wall and fly back. Then tried an up an over, forgot about the chanderlier!!! Just as a member of staff walked in :) Needless to say we left shortly after.

When I'm back from Berck I'll dig out my Rev 2 bag and find whats in there now;) One point I know there are no Vented Rev 2 's in there.

Sorry, meant to get back to you on the colours for my Classic.

Now I have looked at it again in the flesh it looks to me like Green and Pink.

However, Una HWSBO tells me it is Turquoise and Magenta if that makes sense.

I am guessing it might be what is called a teal-pink

More like this?

http://johnnmitchell.com/IntSportKites/rev...14-19931201.jpg

any white logo rev 2s photograph?

I had one at one time until I turned it into something else :blushing:

I still might have part of the sail some place

from what Lolly said that 10 are out there

This is the 1st time I heard of a REV II with white logo. They must look nice on dark backgrounds.