MARTYS BEECH TRIP IN APRIL

big bri

count me in - will give me a chance to debut my long since promised Rev Cookies - despite the cold we had a fantastic day last time

Richard

Hi Richard, Good to hear from you, will we be seeing you & simon at ainsdale?

Dont forget to bring the cookies!

Dave.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Richard, Good to hear from you, will we be seeing you & simon at ainsdale?

Dont forget to bring the cookies!

Dave.

:) Great to hear from ya Richard.We must catch up soon pal,perhaps a trip to that place past them Hills wher you live,,,mmmm,Yorkdale is it called,,,no,no,Yorkington,,,,Sorry,i just cant say it....Leeds is about the best i can do.Ive sent ya PM pal.

Great to see ya back with us,great mate

Ok Marty,sorry ive been awal mate.K I D S

APRIL THE 25th [saturday] IS A GO THEN

25th is kewl and the following are a definate so far from UP NORTH[ish]

Douglas Barda,Big Bri

The asassin,Dave B

Kev the Mac 3 fella

Paul,the brain injury

Frank,Boston Frank[pussy]

Henry,the cement bag

Mike,Lady killer

Smon the L plate

Richard buiscuits

Then thers still to get back as defos,

Richard,Neil,Simon,and Steve armoural Pudsli :) ,

Looks like,Jonesey and family,Sailor,and yourself.GREAT START

ANYMORE,,,,Balloo,Wufer,Yan r u ther ghosting,Claire,,,,,,

Come on,dont be shy people :)

BRIAN...

:) Great to hear from ya Richard.We must catch up soon pal,perhaps a trip to that place past them Hills wher you live,,,mmmm,Yorkdale is it called,,,no,no,Yorkington,,,,Sorry,i just cant say it....Leeds is about the best i can do.Ive sent ya PM pal.

Great to see ya back with us,great mate

Ok Marty,sorry ive been awal mate.K I D S

APRIL THE 25th [saturday] IS A GO THEN

25th is kewl and the following are a definate so far from UP NORTH[ish]

Douglas Barda,Big Bri

The asassin,Dave B

Kev the Mac 3 fella

Paul,the brain injury

Frank,Boston Frank[pussy]

Henry,the cement bag

Mike,Lady killer

Smon the L plate

Richard buiscuits

Then thers still to get back as defos,

Richard,Neil,Simon,and Steve armoural Pudsli :) ,

Looks like,Jonesey and family,Sailor,and yourself.GREAT START

ANYMORE,,,,Balloo,Wufer,Yan r u ther ghosting,Claire,,,,,,

Come on,dont be shy people :)

BRIAN...

So you not coming to Berck then ?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Sports Fans,

Looks like its a defo from UP NORTH for the 25th April.Ther will be 12 of us travelling over.Some will do Just the Saturday and some are doing a weekend.

Hows it looking Marty,is the buns in the Oven,cake on the bake,ready to land on the sand

BRIAN...

Yarp, looking forward to having you all over here for fun and games . . 12 should give us some nice formation flying - will try and bag a video camera to at least grab a bit of the action (equity members please let me know before i post on youtube).

Weather here has been great for the last few days and have had plenty of opportunities for flying over Easter weekend.

Red carpet will be rolled out first thing Saturday morning.

Marty B)

Huzzah!!!!! does that mean you're coming Choccy (and showing those other southern softies Sailor and Jonesey how to commit to your rev brethren) .???

Cake will be bountiful . . .

For directions you need to head for the Prestatyn Nova Centre:

LL19 7EY

There is pay and display parking and we then need to decide on beach or field or a bit of both for play time - i'll try and be there early on the field and we can maybe retire to the beach later as the tide subsides. . .

Minor threat of isolated showers over the weekend at this stage but overall looking forward to another weekend like the last - beautiful weather and even got some play time on the kite buggy. . .

There is a coffee/ ice cream place right next to the field.

See you then, if anyone gets here early or needs help drop me a line on 07747 108000

Take it easy

Marty

Huzzah!!!!! does that mean you're coming Choccy (and showing those other southern softies Sailor and Jonesey how to commit to your rev brethren) .???

Cake will be bountiful . . .

For directions you need to head for the Prestatyn Nova Centre:

LL19 7EY

There is pay and display parking and we then need to decide on beach or field or a bit of both for play time - i'll try and be there early on the field and we can maybe retire to the beach later as the tide subsides. . .

Minor threat of isolated showers over the weekend at this stage but overall looking forward to another weekend like the last - beautiful weather and even got some play time on the kite buggy. . .

There is a coffee/ ice cream place right next to the field.

See you then, if anyone gets here early or needs help drop me a line on 07747 108000

Take it easy

Marty

:) Kewl

BRIAN...

Hi Everyone - 'official report' below and photo's to follow, my Dad was there with his fancy camera and got some good shots of the team flying so I will post those later, once i've got them on my MacBook.

Cycled down to the flying field on the seafront at 0930 with my boy Ozzy (5) on the tagalong. Tide was going to be high at 12 so there was no way we'd get on the beach till at least 2pm so the field was the sensible option.

Just as i was getting my lines out Big Bri, Dave and their boys Henry and Mikey pulled up and starting unloading their kit. The weather wasn't looking great with generally overcast cloud and the looming threat of rain coupled with a fairly bumpy wind coming, unusually, from the South East over the mountains, i was concerned the day may not be the best.

Put my gold and black B-Series vented up with 3-wrap frame and the usual 15" handles which seemed fit to manage the wind which seemed to range from next to nothing up to a gusty 15mph.

Paul turned up next followed shortly by Richard and Simon and thankfully, 'Kev's Caf' arrived in time for an early afternoon snack and so, our group was complete - with a couple of no-showers.

Thanks to Dave B's pop up tent and waterproof coats we got through a couple of lightish showers and then overall had a a clear day which got better and better and by 4pm we'd settled into blue skies, glowing heads and wind light enough to consider a full sail.

Did some great team flying abley led by Dave B high points of which were crisp 'dosey does' (sp.) with 6 kites, compound benefits and edges benefits. Drooled over Dave B's dragon custom full sail and all black vented and enjoyed a go with Bri's B-Pro mid-vented.

Another great day and thanks to all who came. Funniest moment of the day was Big Bri asking, in the tongue-in-cheek way that only Bri can, if Paul had considered getting a fishing rod ;o) And also realising that my supersonic, off fleabay, i'd bought from Paul who'd originally bought it from?. . . . . . . Big Bri! - is there NO kite in my bag that hasn't come from Bri??! - small world.

Ozzy was a superstar and spent the day playing on the edges of the field, ripping up all the weeds and climbing on the fence. 2 ice creams and a can of coke made sure he was sugared to the max and enjoyed his day with 'the boys' . . . he's still sleeping well.

Loved watching Kev fly his two delta's simultaneously and was pleasantly surprised that i didn't immediately ditch both kites when i got to have a play!

Anyhoo, I've rambled on but it was another good day and i'll be trying to identify some more weekends where i can get over to the NKG fly-ins/ festivals to see everyone again and meet some more of you over the summer.

Hope y'all got home safe,

Marty B)