What headphones do you use with your MP3 playa?

Baloo

Hi, not sure if anyone has asked this B4, did a search for Headphones with no luck.

I am looking to get some replacement headphones for my player. Anyone got any good suggestions?

I have been thinking about the type that the cord sits round the back of your neck so the player is suspended near your chest.

I dont like the in the ear type buds too much though.

I have a set that is connected headphones but instead of the band going above your head it loops round low so you can wear a hat easily if you want to. Quite like those.

Any suggestions about keeping the potentially long cable tidy as well?

Open to suggestions please.

If you want the Cadillac of headphones get yourself a "Bose" Quiet Comfort 2 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones. The are slightly cheaper that a B-Series ($299)and certainly worth every penny. http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_o...hones/index.jsp

Another set I have is from Sony: It's the MDR-AS50G http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores...categoryId=3731 It's about $50 very lightweight and good price/quality. They do go in the ear but are very secure and do not falll out like the I-Pod ones

Hope that helps

hey mate

I use and swear by http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/lowrider-p-26.html they are so great. very light and sits nice on your head(well my head). The bass is one of the best i heard on head phones. someone bought me a set of $250 over seas headphones (which were stolen) and they can nowhere near skull candy products.

I go for comfort, and reasonable price. I lose, break, destroy any headphones that I use outside, so there's no point spending too much on them. The ones I have now are the best I've had for comfort and staying in place when flying. (And that includes Shures that I've had.)

I got them at a Circuit City that was discounting...they're these..

http://www.amazon.com/Noise-Canceling-Earb...7278&sr=1-1

The inserts are soft, and the larger part sits snugly in the outer ear. Very comfortable, and they don't come loose.

I'm an in ear, bud kinda of guy. Also a skull candy fan, I use a set of the full metal jackets ones. Touch as nails and they sound great. I've had a couple of sets of the expensive shure in ear but, i tended to attract fragile sets.

Have a look on Amazon Chris.

Creative Labs have a set for less than a tenner.Get great reviews.One guy whos a techead.Reports ther the same spec as a Fity pound pair[senheiuser]..I have a set and ther good.I do prefare my Sony MDRs though,Those are around £40

BRIAN...

Hi, not sure if anyone has asked this B4, did a search for Headphones with no luck.

I am looking to get some replacement headphones for my player. Anyone got any good suggestions?

For in-house / bus / plane my vote is for the Bose. They're expensive but very comfortable (I prefer the older cupped/enclosed version, rather than those that sit on the ear). You can get cheapie noise-cancelling headphones from various sources, but in my experience they're not as good.

For kite flying, the light weight of decent in-ear solution suits me better - also, as Jeff says - I don't want to spend too much on something that can easily get lost or damaged. A good fit can exclude external sound pretty effectively, so I didn't think a noise cancelling model was needed (might be good if you're in a howling wind I guess). I picked up a JVC set at the recent "fire-sale" when Zavvi closed down - but the more expensive Shure and Sennheiser ear-pieces have very good reports too (some are designed for use as professional in-ear monitoring). The JVC set have soft maleable ear 'plugs' to fit better and get better acoustic isolation as a result.

If you really cannot live with in-ear types, light-weight and low profile would be preferable as you don't want them to come flying off just as you are moving around on the field when both hands are committed to the kite.

Just my £0.02

Klipsch Custom 3 in ear headphones are the ultimate brain stimulator they are a bit pricey but you can wear them all day and never know they were there.

I even use them on my home system haven't found even a over ear set that sound this good, Makes my iPod seem like live in my face music B)

Klipsch has replaced Bose in every aspect of music I have. Home, Computer and Portable Now if I could only get them for my Jeep :wub:

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/custom-3.aspx

LOTS of good stuff, thanks folks, keep on posting. I am looking at all of them.

The reason I have a bit of a problem with in the ear type buds is it messes with my balance a bit. Had an inner ear infection a few Years ago and my balance is still a bit messed up.

So for reference, if I ever offer you a lift on a motorcycle, have a good think about it. Although I do have a yearning after a Harley Davidson, must be my age!!

LOTS of good stuff, thanks folks, keep on posting. I am looking at all of them.

The reason I have a bit of a problem with in the ear type buds is it messes with my balance a bit. Had an inner ear infection a few Years ago and my balance is still a bit messed up.

So for reference, if I ever offer you a lift on a motorcycle, have a good think about it. Although I do have a yearning after a Harley Davidson, must be my age!!

For people still looking for ear buds, B+H Photo's latest newsletter has this mini test:

BH Newsletter

For Baloo, more traditional style in a previous newsletter:

BH Newsletter

Well I had a look at all the ones you folks suggested, thanks for all the input.

Then a friend showed me these

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/produ...?transid=500504

Tried them out and didnt fall over so they seem to be OK.

They sound OK, just look a bit on the bright side.

Thanks again.

Do they do them in other colours... such as Baloo (say it you'll see)

He He...

I use any old cheap one I can get.. Just got some noise cancelling one for £18.00 from Argos, include an adaptor for planes and a "big" 5mm adaptor.

They are in ear and I seem to think Bears dont like stuff in there ears.

Si