WSIKF

Theresa

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my pics

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=8324...0080&ref=nf

I hope you all can get in and see them.... let me know if there is any problem... I could not upload them on the forum Gallery because the pictures were too big, and I'm not resizing 109 pictures.

Attached is my favorite :D

post-374-1251263892_thumb.jpg

Edited by Watty

a side note... does anyone know how to reduce an image file size without cropping it? I have some great photos that I'd like to share, but the file size is too big and I can't crop them any more.

edit for: I'm using Picasa...

post-2058-1251265812_thumb.jpg Rich and Joji's winning kites..... sweeeeeet!

Edited by Love2fly

a side note... does anyone know how to reduce an image file size without cropping it? I have some great photos that I'd like to share, but the file size is too big and I can't crop them any more.

Hi Laura,

You can reduce the size with photoshop and then post them. They will seem small but they work fine then.

Rich and Joji's winning kites..... sweeeeeet!

Photoshop does an excellent job of it. You can download the trial version which has only one restriction. It works only for 30 days, then requires a license.

The command for reducing for Web size is Ctrl-Alt-Shft-S or File >> Save for Web & Devices. I think you could also run the batch command for lots of photos.

As you do like to photograph a lot. I might suggest that you look into Photoshop Lightroom. There is a 30 trial version of this also available.

Lightroom is shipped with both a MAC and PC version. You can install Lightroom on several computers at the same time where Photoshop is limited to two of the same platform MAC or PC depending on which version you order.

Lightroom essentially databases your photos and has by far the best keywording features. You can mass adjust photos at the same time. You can also mass export for photos for web. I could jabber on and on. Best is to downloaded it try and look at the training videos and see for yourself.

Photoshop does an excellent job of it. You can download the trial version which has only one restriction. It works only for 30 days, then requires a license.

The command for reducing for Web size is Ctrl-Alt-Shft-S or File >> Save for Web & Devices. I think you could also run the batch command for lots of photos.

As you do like to photograph a lot. I might suggest that you look into Photoshop Lightroom. There is a 30 trial version of this also available.

Lightroom is shipped with both a MAC and PC version. You can install Lightroom on several computers at the same time where Photoshop is limited to two of the same platform MAC or PC depending on which version you order.

Lightroom essentially databases your photos and has by far the best keywording features. You can mass adjust photos at the same time. You can also mass export for photos for web. I could jabber on and on. Best is to downloaded it try and look at the training videos and see for yourself.

Damn John I use Photoshop CS and that's confusing enough, I sent her a PM for Irfanview + plugins one of the highest rated free editors and opens anything video & photo plus other formats I haven't played with

If you are useing Windows there is a free image reducer available within Powertoys for XP or Vista from MS, just right click on single or multiple images and set new size as copy or resize original.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

In Picasa 2 (not checked 3) you can "Export picture to folder" in the file menu and resize at the same time.

Thanks for the info, guys.

I think I'm going to look into Lightroom; it's something I've contemplated in the past, so now I thinks it's time.

Everyone's answers are so complicated. You can resize pictures with Microsoft paint. Press image, then stretch and skew, then choose the percentage or pixel size you want.

Thanks for the info, guys.

I think I'm going to look into Lightroom; it's something I've contemplated in the past, so now I thinks it's time.

You will enjoy Lightroom. The majority of the Professional Photographers are now using Lightroom.

It was designed by photographers, assisted by Adobe Software Engineers, for photographers. It is simply easy to use and very powerful.

It's probably a little late, but I'd like to apologize to everyone for any problems and or sore feelings I may have caused with my presence.

First I would like you all to know that I was not myself. Other than the light wind flying early Friday off on my own, everything was just off. I thought it was just nerves Thursday. Figured I'd start showing my true abilities Friday and it did start off good. But as the day went on, the more physical problems I was having.

Long story, short, I left WSIKF for home around midnight Friday because something with me just wasn't right. Spent alot of time since getting home in different orientations with the toilet.

Thank you JB for your show of concern, that was the first big tip that I wasn't just nervous if others were noticing something wasn't right. And thank you Terry and Mario for doing your best to take care of me and for making sure I made it home.

Since leaving Friday, all I've been able to do besides going through alot of toilet paper and cleaning the toilet is to look back at a missed oppurtunity. I came to WSIKF with the plan to fly my best and to show that I'm really not the arrogant turd I appear to be online.

I had a few good hours to look back on. Just wish I could have been myself and have enjoyed the whole time I was there.

Dean :blushing: