WSIKF

Theresa

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have never laughed so hard for 4 days straight as i did at WISKIF 2009

being a WISKIF virgin i was not sure what to expect but oh man it was the bomb

it was an wonderful experience for me personally as i am sure it was for my team mates willow and mario

it is that sharing of ideas , all inclusive attitude, positive encouragement and comaraderie that rev flyers bring to the field that is so very special

being able to put faces to the names i have heard battered about in the kite culture and forums blew my mind , i loved them all

flying with the kids from the east coast.... scott , rich and laurel was the highlight of the event for me... . what our west and east coast teams achieved at WISKIF was a first in the league .... the REV RIDERS are awesome ...

to all that were there... flyers , organizers and spectators ... thank you , thank you for such a memorable time

a special thanks to JB you did a super job of "herding cats" as you so abtly put it

bigger and better next year!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

cheers

terry w

TEAM ISLAND QUAD

OH MAN ... thats what a shortage of sleep ... tequila and other things ...lots of driving and ferry rides does to a ones brain .. i blame it all on my spitual advisor :devil:;)

i meant Laura not laurel ... sorry sweetie what can i say it's old timers disease

hope to see you on the east coast next year

take care

terry w

TEAM ISLAND QUAD

Marriage has ruined you Monks! A volvo! :lol:

In fact, I left mid day on Sunday so that I could be home in time to pick her up from the airport as she wisely went elsewhere :D

While I adore my Mustang (and still drive it daily!) the volvo saved about $100 in gas and has far more room for stowing stuff on such trips.

In fact, I left mid day on Sunday so that I could be home in time to pick her up from the airport as she wisely went elsewhere :D

While I adore my Mustang (and still drive it daily!) the volvo saved about $100 in gas and has far more room for stowing stuff on such trips.

Phew, at least you still have the Mustang!

That's what really threw me, I remember the pictures of the Mustang from the wedding and then to hear that you are driving a Volvo I thought it all went south in hurry (insert whipping sound here). :lol:

-Alden

I just wanted to sell well done and thank you for all of you who flew in the mega team. I appreciate exactly how hard it is both for new fliers trying to absorb lots of new skills and for the people trying to get it all together at the same time and the same place. Just getting that many of you to be in the field at the same time is impressive!

So, hats off to you all from this side of the pond and a job well done to the man calling. I feel inspired again to try something new.

Respect to you all.

Stephen.

Call me a SAP!!

During Saturdays megafly, I was camped out a few miles away.

Not knowing it was happening, I was just hanging out with some camp neighbors, having coffee.

MISSED IT ALL !! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

Sorry JB,I said I'd join in, but missed it.

My skill is just not up to any group flying yet.

But next year.

Had a great time though.

Ken

Phew, at least you still have the Mustang!

That's what really threw me, I remember the pictures of the Mustang from the wedding and then to hear that you are driving a Volvo I thought it all went south in hurry (insert whipping sound here). :lol:

-Alden

"and he only flies single line kites now"

:D

It was very nice to be back in the mustang this morning despite how not nice it was to have to go to work as opposed to another day at Long Beach

I've quickly learned that you can't have a mega fly of this size just anywhere, this stuff takes A LOT of bloody room.

And judging by the pics you lot were really shy - that's one spaced out grid (huge gaps between each column of flyers (?)) ;)

And judging by the pics you lot were really shy - that's one spaced out grid (huge gaps between each column of flyers (?)) ;)

I do not think it was a case of shyness, for some it was shear terror. The vast majority, about 8 out of every ten fliers, were individuals that have never flown in a team environment, or were very new to it. (my self included) It was kept open so those fliers had a larger comfort zone and would have a better chance at success. We all made it through without major calamity, that in itself makes this particular super mega fly a qualified success.

Additional note: I propose that a new definition be made.

Super Mega Fly: When a group of Revolution quad line sport kite fliers numbering 36 or more flies Revolution kites in a organized grid formation for more than 5 minutes.

Okay. I've uploaded pics from WSIKF on my webshots page. I've only uploaded the Rev pics so far into their own album. It starts with the early arrivers on Sunday and goes through each day as we add more and more flyers. I tried to put a few names, and I apologize if I messed up on some. I tried to remember everyone, but old age is creeping up on me.

Thanks to Beryl Isaacs, our Canadian Winter Texan, for sharing her photos with me. Between the two of us, we got quite a bit. Of course, hers are the ones of us flying, since I couldn't multi-task. I think the main thing you'll see out of these is that we were sure having a lot of fun.

Donna

Just click on the photo and enjoy.

2666893420063511346QGobLb_th.jpg

I do not think it was a case of shyness, for some it was shear terror. The vast majority, about 8 out of every ten fliers, were individuals that have never flown in a team environment, or were very new to it. (my self included) It was kept open so those fliers had a larger comfort zone and would have a better chance at success. We all made it through without major calamity, that in itself makes this particular super mega fly a qualified success.

Additional note: I propose that a new definition be made.

Super Mega Fly: When a group of Revolution quad line sport kite fliers numbering 36 or more flies Revolution kites in a organized grid formation for more than 5 minutes.

It looked like a great result. I do not think we need to worry about the name as I suspect that it will become the norm. It is early days yet. It is just one year since Portsmouth 2008...

Felix

Great Festival... Great people, sand sand sand.. Great weather.... and a fantastic world record!

Thank you to JB, you did a heck of a job keeping things calm and organized, seriously.

Great flying with the Jersey crew! We loved having you all.

Paul... I am so glad you made it . You made me laugh.lol.. Sorry about that Bart.. but we had to call you HUGS!

I was in on the fifty.. and stuck judging during the record breaker..but my son Connor was in on it and will NEVER forget it! Thanks to everyone who helped him all week. It meant the world to both of us. Ok enough sap..

Bart, get your rear end down here next year.. I mean it lol.

To all of you that were there, thanks for the great times and great company.

Smitty.. you are the best field director ever! Giddy UP!

I did not drive back till today, because I was too tired last night.. It didn't help much to stay over, I was still yawning on the ride home.. I am beat. Hope all of you made it home safely and had a great time!

hugs

mousie

What an incredible time for this newbie Rev flyer at WSIKF this year! Just wonderful to meet the folks that make up the Rev Family. It is a honour and privilege to be part of such a warm and kind community.

Special thanks to Terry and Mario for kicking off the event for me with a delightful adventure in just getting to the festival. Thanks to Cathy for her warm welcome, to Steve, Bob, Dianne, Penny, Willow, Ben, Theresa and the many others that were so open hearted in sharing their enthusiasm for quad line flying. And a huge thank you to John who showed such patience and consideration to those of us new to flying Revs and for the time he took to give me a hands on lesson that was like magic in how it impacted my approach to developing the basic techniques of Rev flying.

What an incredible time for this newbie Rev flyer at WSIKF this year! Just wonderful to meet the folks that make up the Rev Family. It is a honour and privilege to be part of such a warm and kind community.

Special thanks to Terry and Mario for kicking off the event for me with a delightful adventure in just getting to the festival. Thanks to Cathy for her warm welcome, to Steve, Bob, Dianne, Penny, Willow, Ben, Theresa and the many others that were so open hearted in sharing their enthusiasm for quad line flying. And a huge thank you to John who showed such patience and consideration to those of us new to flying Revs and for the time he took to give me a hands on lesson that was like magic in how it impacted my approach to developing the basic techniques of Rev flying.

You most welcome Airin to the rev family!!! I had an awesome time at the festival too :wub: :wub:

Cheers

Mario

it was great to finally meet you. i'm so glad you had such a wonderful first time wsikf experience and welcome to the rev family. now i expect you down at gp on a regular basis for more team flying.....no excuses. check your pm. see you soon. :blue-music:

It was quite spooky seeing the Decs JMH 1.5 kite in that line-up.

We were there in spirit...

Well done again to all the fliers and thank you for the link.

Felix

Proudly flown by yours truly! Happy to do it!

It's beautiful.

What you didn't see was the yellow one also being flown alongside it. Pictures to come!!!!