WSIKF

Theresa

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is "Off Topic" but....

Is anyone into fishing? I hear the fishing is awesome up and over there. Anyone care to share a good fishing spot with me for a few hours?

Just figured I'd "cast it out there" and see what I can catch!!!

1.gif

Careful fishing with Laura.....she's a ringer. She only knows how to throw out 4 lines at a time, which helps to maximize her take. :devil::devil::devil::devil:

I know this is "Off Topic" but....

Is anyone into fishing? I hear the fishing is awesome up and over there. Anyone care to share a good fishing spot with me for a few hours?

Just figured I'd "cast it out there" and see what I can catch!!!

To be serious. ( I am not too often)

We do have some great fishing from the port of Illwaco at the mouth of the Columbia river.

Charter boats are best bet. But there could be someone local that might take some people out.

My little 15 foot boat is not big enough for the river, or I would consider it. ( plus a temp fishing liscense is needed)

When the incoming swells are taller then my house, small boats are too scary.

Ken

To be serious. ( I am not too often)

We do have some great fishing from the port of Illwaco at the mouth of the Columbia river.

Charter boats are best bet. But there could be someone local that might take some people out.

My little 15 foot boat is not big enough for the river, or I would consider it. ( plus a temp fishing liscense is needed)

When the incoming swells are taller then my house, small boats are too scary.

Ken

lol.. umm is Laura thinking she will have a lot of extra time??? Baby.. get ready for WSKIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF LOL

lol.. umm is Laura thinking she will have a lot of extra time??? Baby.. get ready for WSKIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF LOL

Laura was in Newport for her first time ever. We were on the field from 8am till 7pm each day. I kept telling her, you really need to check out the ocean drive here to at least see the mansions as it will only take 30 mins to do the "Bellevue Ave/Ocean Drive" Nope....never did it. At one point she turned to me and commented about how great the fishing looked to be here and how she should've brought some of her gear with her. Yea, right!

For those of you who don't know Laura in person, lets just say she has the energy of a teenager and will run circles around the heartiest of souls. Watch out WISKF!!!!!

Laura was in Newport for her first time ever. We were on the field from 8am till 7pm each day. I kept telling her, you really need to check out the ocean drive here to at least see the mansions as it will only take 30 mins to do the "Bellevue Ave/Ocean Drive" Nope....never did it. At one point she turned to me and commented about how great the fishing looked to be here and how she should've brought some of her gear with her. Yea, right!

For those of you who don't know Laura in person, lets just say she has the energy of a teenager and will run circles around the heartiest of souls. Watch out WISKF!!!!!

So does this mean I won't be the only one on the field who never really puts the handles down? WooHoo, someone who can keep up? :lol:

Dean

So does this mean I won't be the only one on the field who never really puts the handles down? WooHoo, someone who can keep up? :lol:

Dean

Provided you arrive before 11am on any given morning, yes

"oh feel the burn!"

:D

is it time to go yet?

Dean

Safe to say that unless a bathroom call is needed.....I rarely sit down at all for a break. And if I do, likely I'll fly while sitting.

Hi Ken-

Thanks for the info. I'm probably going to do at least a party boat (which I assume they have out there) or see about getting in on a charter... if at all possible. How can I go all that way and not get in some of the best fishing action on the west coast!!!!

Hi Rich-

You're soooooo kind, thanks, baby! Yes, it's true I was bumming about not fishing, but I WILL BE BACK and fish for sure... and check out the mansions AND check out Pasta Bar (Beach) or whatever it's called... it's a must.

As for WSIKF, with seven straight days of flying, I'm sure that I can sneak away early in the week for it. B)B)

I can't wait!!!!! :ani_yahoo:

If anyone one needs a roommate or something, I'm in need of a place to crash if possible.

Dean

Count me as a last resort if needed. I'm currently signed up for the overflow area of Wildwood campground. (no picnic table or fire pit) I am 1st on the waiting list for a standard camp site. I will be bringing a funky pickup truck bed type of trailer, and making it into a tent trailer. I have spare tents and sleeping bags if that helps. But I will not be there till Thursday morning. ( I think your earlier post says the same?)

Ken

Laura

I have to agree with Amy.

Fishing may be the last thing on your mind during WSIKF.

Lynn and I seem to always find ourselves flying down there, or with these people here or those people over there. We do usually stop for a few minutes for lunch. Usually. Most of the time. Well, sometimes.

I think we really did stop for lunch one day.

Laura

I have to agree with Amy.

Fishing may be the last thing on your mind during WSIKF.

Lynn and I seem to always find ourselves flying down there, or with these people here or those people over there. We do usually stop for a few minutes for lunch. Usually. Most of the time. Well, sometimes.

I think we really did stop for lunch one day.

Only if it rains & maybe not then !

I am in Long Beach now until after WSIKF. Was down at Bolstad Approach yesterday for the Sansations. The beach is huge this year. I think the depth is about 700 to 800 feet to the high tide line. I mean I had a hard time seeing the shelters for the waters edge. During low tides there is a huge pool of captured water. Think of the water fun with that. There will not be a dry REV on the field. I am picturing a big water show at low tide with about 30 REV's flying side side over this pool creating tip wakes and dives and explosive exits from the water. Monday is the best tide situation so get here for som fun on Monday.

This is my 5th WSIKF and I think this is the most beach I have ever seen.

John

Any chance of a Demo from KiteKids this year? iQuad is a given. Who else is going to Demo? Island Quad?

I'm thinking that the Rev Demo's will be my break time from flying.

I would like to put something together, but in talking to some I've learned that when flying Demo's, it's probably best to NOT take risks when flying. Stay clean and safe. :lol: Thats just not my style. :lol: As an individual anyway. I've got no control of what the team lead calls. :P Until I can break myself of taking chances I'll stick with watching.

Axle takeoff (early puller outter) to reversed octagon to horizontal tip pivots (forward, reverse etc., think Polo) to axle to reverse back across the window, to reverse diamond to clockwise bicycle right to left to the edge..... Just as a beginning ;)

Dean

Outdoor quad comps don't happen until the end of the week, but there will be the indoor on Wednesday and Thursday, if I remember correctly, and I'm sure I'll end up doing demos here and there. As for teams, I'm looking forward to the Mega Fly on Field A :devil: I've got my two way radios ready to go!

Any chance of a Demo from KiteKids this year? iQuad is a given. Who else is going to Demo? Island Quad?

I'm thinking that the Rev Demo's will be my break time from flying.

I would like to put something together, but in talking to some I've learned that when flying Demo's, it's probably best to NOT take risks when flying. Stay clean and safe. :lol: Thats just not my style. :lol: As an individual anyway. I've got no control of what the team lead calls. :P Until I can break myself of taking chances I'll stick with watching.

Axle takeoff (early puller outter) to reversed octagon to horizontal tip pivots (forward, reverse etc., think Polo) to axle to reverse back across the window, to reverse diamond to clockwise bicycle right to left to the edge..... Just as a beginning ;)

Dean

Sheesh all that talk must keep a vented flying well indoors without walking backwards.

Jim, Team SUAF

Sheesh all that talk must keep a vented flying well indoors without walking backwards.

Jim, Team SUAF

Nope, tried it.

But I really do work on stuff like what I described. It's the dive stop axle to 45 landing that'd probably end with a tip wrap. Since I don't have a roady I'd have to walk out to clear the wrap. :P That would be embarrasing wouldn't it? :blushing:

Sorry Fort, this forum just seems like a good place to talk about what I'm thinking about when trying not to think about stressful things.

Someday maybe I'll just win the lottery and get a camera. Then I won't have to type. :lol: Sorry :blushing:

Kiting is the only part of my life that I'm in complete control and can have total confidence. Ok, maybe I'm slightly cocky, but it feels good. B)

Dean

Team SUAF - Shut Up And Fly?

Good one ;)

IS;AND QUAD is definitely coming to WISKIF... we can't wait ... sounds like there will be an awesome turnout of rev flyers ... the more the better i say

does anyone out there know of a campground in a town near longbeach wildwood is full and three of us... myself. mario and peter are looking for a place to throw down our sleeping bags

backyards ... patios ... ditch ...????... we are up for anything .... help :( :(

looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones .... this is going to be a blast !!!!

terry

Outdoor quad comps don't happen until the end of the week, but there will be the indoor on Wednesday and Thursday, if I remember correctly, and I'm sure I'll end up doing demos here and there. As for teams, I'm looking forward to the Mega Fly on Field A :devil: I've got my two way radios ready to go!

:o I forgot about the indoor. :huh:

Can't wait to see what you got for us Watty. :)

Dean