I CAN'T KEEP A SECRET

beach

I had the chance to help John Mitchell on a project he is doing and it was supposed to be kind of a undercover project

but it's killing me..... :blue-cool: John came up to the factory and we opened the vault doors for an inside look of

Revolution history and the kites that go with it and speaking for myself I saw some really cool kites and even one that

is signed by someone real special.... John sorry but now you have to share..... :blue-confused: Please don't be mad

but this secret stuff kills me bro..... :blue-cool: :blue-cool: Ben the non secret holder

I had the chance to help John Mitchell on a project he is doing and it was supposed to be kind of a undercover project

but it's killing me..... :blue-cool: John came up to the factory and we opened the vault doors for an inside look of

Revolution history and the kites that go with it and speaking for myself I saw some really cool kites and even one that

is signed by someone real special.... John sorry but now you have to share..... :blue-confused: Please don't be mad

but this secret stuff kills me bro..... :blue-cool: :blue-cool: Ben the non secret holder

Ah!, you let the cat out of the bag.

Believe or not we found some real cool REVs from the earliest years of Revolution. One we found hidden deep in the dark dusty vault was one of the very first REV I's named Neo Omega in Pink and Gray. This one has one main difference to any other Neos Omega that I have heard of including the two other Neos Omega that we found. It has the first company name on it being Neos Omega Kites, which is something I did not know. Joe explained to me some about the early name.

Believe or not we found some real cool REVs from the earliest years of Revolution. One we found hidden deep in the dark dusty vault was one of the very first REV I's named Neo Omega in Pink and Gray. This one has one main difference to any other Neos Omega that I have heard of including the two other Neos Omega that we found. It has the first company name on it being Neos Omega Kites, which is something I did not know. Joe explained to me some about the early name.

Now the picture of one of the very first Neos Omegas ever made!

We already have pictures of quite a number of the old REVs we found in the REV vault last week. More are being made each day.

post-41-1237220476_thumb.png

Vey cool. Thanks for the pic. :clap;

And there is more to come.

You should have seen the look on Ben's face when one of Joe's personal REVs was found that was signed by no other then Paul Garber.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_E._Garber

You should have seen how Ben tried to talk Joe out of his pride and joy to no avail.

Attached is one photo. The message from Paul Garber is below "Made in California". I do have a close up of the text within my photos shoot.

post-41-1237227123_thumb.png

Now the picture of one of the very first Neos Omegas ever made!

We already have pictures of quite a number of the old REVs we found in the REV vault last week. More are being made each day.

Hi john, got to love the uneven reinforcement at the bottom of the vertical spars, that brings back memories.

Also, a twin sister to the Red, White & Blue one :-) flown a couple of weeks back up on Dunstable.

I think you will find what looks like uneven reinforcement is actually where the address panel fits on the early kites.

I have a very early Rev 1 and the panels look uneven from the front, but it is the address on the back.

Ok John now you have us pulling our Neos Omegas out of the closet and I looked to see the name of the kite company and it says... Neos Omega Kites is's pink and black.. Now I have to check the pink and gray.. yup same thing. Very cool did not see that. I learn something new about these kites each time the topic comes up...

Sherri

This is a great thread. As a nub to kites, especially revs I love to see the hsitory behind the designs. To see the subtle changes, adjustments, and fine tuning that goes into today's product is great. Thanks for sharing with us!!

edit: Just read the link on Paul Garber. Wow, that is a kewl signature to have.

I even photographed my own REVs that I had with me.

post-41-1237435641_thumb.jpg

Not including my own REVs there are so far 53 REVs from old to new that I am photographing with more to come and unfortunately being returned to Revolution as I finish with them.

I am searching for a very good straight on photo of the 1997 series REV II vented. It would be of the following panel layout, but with venting.

post-41-1237436218_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have a photo for me?

Many Thanks!

Awesome collection. I like the Phantom of the Opera one.

It was originally a black REV 1.5 with black REV logo sent to me by Lolly in 1996. Lolly knew the applique work I had said I wanted to put on it thus made me promise to do so. When I received the REV it was hard to keep the promise, but I did.

It was officially my competition ballet kite at the time. The music was "Music of the Night" sung by Barbra Streisand and Michael Crawford. However, I had to fly the first vented REV 1.5 at most of the competitions due to stronger winds. I won the European Cup that year.

The applique work is by me as is the REV 1.5 next to it.

Hi John...

This is soooooo cool to see the history behind these kites. Does the Revolution Company have a museum of sorts to showcase these beauties?

Did the first few years have mesh below the LE as they do now? If not, when did that start?

Hi Laura,

I guess you might call all of us the Revolution Museum as they actually do not have a displayed museum. Who knows, they might have something after this all is done.

If you look at the photos of the Neos Omega which was their very first production kite, you will see the mesh in the LE. It is also described in their first patent on the revolution kite. The patent is number 4,892,272. The description is: "KITE-LIKE FLYING DEVICE WITH DUAL HANDLES AND FOUR POINT CONTROL" You can view the patent on-line at the US Patent office.

I even photographed my own REVs that I had with me.

post-41-1237435641_thumb.jpgpost-41-1237435641_thumb.jpg

Many Thanks!

John,

Thanks for posting a photo of some of your prize kites. And, let me point out, to several folks who made fun of my fine Raspberry and Gold kite at Kite Party, that you seem to value yours and carry it around with you. Honestly, calling it McKite or McRev is below the pale.

Cheers,

Tom

John,

Thanks for posting a photo of some of your prize kites. And, let me point out, to several folks who made fun of my fine Raspberry and Gold kite at Kite Party, that you seem to value yours and carry it around with you. Honestly, calling it McKite or McRev is below the pale.

Cheers,

Tom

I call my colors Mango-Red.

Attached is a photo of the NEW 2009 version that I shot today.

post-41-1237529292_thumb.jpg