Changes to the 1.5 SLE

grd750

I thinking of buying a used all fabric 1.5 SLE from about 1998.  Has there been any significant changes to the kite other then the use of mylar in the sail?

Is there any site that show the colors for the various years?  This kite is blue, pink and black top to bottom.

thats a nice color fo the kite why dont they make the all cloth version anymore????

I heard a rumor that mylar is on the way out, at least for the REV 1.5.

So everyone knows for sure the mylar is out on the new 1.5s, and I did this because I try to listen to the people that matter, you the fliers. I will continue to listen and do my best by you.......Ben

On a practicle front, the all cloth kites are much more forgiving in bumpy winds (are there any other types!)

As a competition flyer that makes a real difference.  We prefer to not to have icarex in our vented kites for this reason.  Most of the time if it is strong enough for vents, the wind is also a bit choppy.  The ripstop acts as a sought of shock absorber.  When it comes to flying straight lines, I need all the help I can get.