Sneaking in Some Kiting Whilst on Honeymoon in Vegas

kairusan

Just having gotten married late last night, I am about to start packing for the second part of a multi-part honeymoon, a trip to Vegas (where neither I nor my lovely new wife have ever been, though I did drive through it once whilst on a hiking trip to Death Valley and other similar places). We're excited to go and experience the greatest real-estate-related excesses of our lovely civilization before everything collapses in on itself or whatever. (Don't care; the wind will always be free.)

Now, should I endeavor to bring my Revs to fly for an afternoon, perhaps........... or is there not going to be wind anywhere around there this time of year? I'm bringing a Prism Snapshot 1.2 along in any case (because it takes up almost no space, why NOT bring it?), but the Revs are kind of cumbersome to take along unless I'm pretty sure I'm going to get to fly. (And yes, I know it's nerdy to go fly on one's honeymoon, but whatever.)

Is there anything else kite-related one should do whilst in Vegas? Does Awindofchange have a physical store there that one can actually go shop in? I have to take the missus shoe shopping while there (they have a Manolo Blahnik boutique, evidently, where I am told they have shoes that cost as much as kites). So I'm sure I could get a kite shopping trip out of the bargain! Maybe pick up some line to make 120s? Should I even bother with those?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice, kiteish folk! :wub:

A Wind Of Change

Store Hours: Monday - Friday 10-5

3870 West Russell Road - Las Vegas Nevada, 89118

CALL TOLL-FREE: (800) 559-2962

http://www.awindofchange.com/

You could contact them to see what the weather is like before you pack your revolutions.

You could also just use this as an excuse to buy a NEW revolution.

I would recomend the Revolution-B "Night".

Since your in vegas you can bet on red or black or you can fly the NEW red & black center revolution.

Enjoy your trip, and happy winds.

Shoe the same price as kites? Only if you are talking about Rev Masterpieces. It is amazing what the latest trends sell for.

I like 120s, especially when I'm flying with somebody. I say go for it. Might as well leave the rev home, then if the wind is great, you make it out of the hotel room, and can still walk I say get a brand new kite from AWOC to remember the experience.

Congrats on the wedding!!

Fly or not, be sure to have a good time.

Congrats on your wedding, hope you have many happy Years.

21 for me this year, although we have been together for longer. Just took me a long time to get round to asking the question.

I only took about three years. That's probably close to the mathematical average, right? I probably will not be taking the revs after all, but I have packed the snapshot and hope to get a flight in on Monday when winds are supposed to gust to 40.... woohoo!

Congrats,sounds like your on a winner with the Lady.Nice to see Marridge is still good and celebrated in this day and age

Ive a cracking Mrs,but i dont think kites on the Honeymoon would have been on her agenda.Even if it did cross mine.

MUST BE LOVE :)

All The Best.

BRIAN...

Just thought, if you are into naming your kitse and you do buy on it would be easy to name. The Honeymoon kite. And darling every tim I fly it, it reminds me of the wonderful time we had.

Of course if kit buying on your honeymoon is not appreciated, it could end up being called the Divorce kite.

I do think you are a brave Man, still I suppose there is much to be said for starting as you mean to go on. You make a statement, something like "I want to fly, so I am GOING to fly."

Or even "OK YOU go buy your silly shoes, I am going flying"

(Looks carefully over shoulder to make sure HWMBO is not looking while I type this herasey)

You guys have a GREAT time OK. One questionf for you, was your wedding the BEST one you have ever been to? Think carefully B4 you answer, it SHOULD be YES!!

Congratulations on your Wedding!!! You're going to have a ~Great~ time in Vegas!!! :clap;

That being said, I'm going to have to agree with Bartman. Unless your new Mrs. is a kiter, kites should stay at home this one time! I think you're going to have plenty of fun without them. :devil:

ps. Cooper: YES, there are shoes even more expensive than masterpieces! It really does boggle the mind!

Well, as much as I would love to have you stop by our shop and pick up a couple more Revolutions ( you can never have to many) I do kind of agree that it may be best to leave the kites at home unless your new lady is a kiter, then by all means bring em along. Only a kiter will be able to understand the addiction.

We do have a brick and mortar store that has a full showroom full of kites. Would love to have you stop by our store. Vegas is the entertainment capitol of the world so there are plenty of things to do so you won't miss your kites too much.

Congrats and best of wishes for you and your new spouse!

Didn't end up bringing the Revs, but would not have had time to fly them anyway. Vegas was quite nice, both more and less over-the-top than I expected it would be. Did make it into AWOC and bought lots of line and other things; quite a cute little shop it is, with awesome Rev displays!

That reminds me of something that happened when I was Best Man at a Mate’s wedding, back in the 70’s when condoms were more about contraception than sexual health.

A small gift was left anonymously for the Bride and Groom with a label that read “To Mick and Dawn, a little something to stop the patter of tiny feet”

Despite extensive enquiries, including an appeal for information in my speech nobody came forward.

When the groom opened the parcel it was found to contain a mouse trap.