New advanced Rev tutorial video... Soliciting ideas!

KiteLife

Steve from Victoria does a very nice move where the kite does a slow and steady rotation as it crosses the window at near ground level- sort of like a slow clock spin while doing a side slide.

Some things I've seen in other videos and enjoyed:

street flying in unusual locations, like the old Flexifoil videos with Andy Preston & crew

out takes with bloopers, just to show that even the very best occasionally crash, like Dave Shenkman's Advanced Rev video

lots of location footage, like Dodd's old Fantasy Tour videos

maybe a slide show of great photos

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you cover team flying you have to include the calls on the soundtrack and maybe the split screen showing the team in the main picture and the kites in the insert as was done in the recent iQuad video. I know the format was criticised by others but as someone who is looking to get my head around team flying I found it helped to be able to link the calls to the moves.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Thought about it a lot, there's just NO WAY I'm going to be able to fit a full length Advanced Rev DVD into my schedule, but it is totally feasible to start putting specific tutorials online in the Kitelife subscribers section, sorted by name, etc... Would anyone be interested in this?

Kite care and handling, assembly, tutorials on all skill levels and many variables of Rev flying (individual, team, dogstake, short line, etc, etc, etc)... Most of the stuff discussed in this thread, one piece at a time. Getting parts at a time may be a lot better than waiting who knows how long for this DVD.

Kitelife subscription rates are $2.95 monthly, $16.95 every 6-months and $32.95 yearly... All videos can be downloaded to YOUR computer for viewing anytime, and these would be available in MP4 format, ready for iPod/iPhone usage.

Like this - http://kitelife.com/forum/index.php?autoco...amp;showcat=105

Let me know, I'll go for this new project idea if I get enough demand! :)

Thought about it a lot, there's just NO WAY I'm going to be able to fit a full length Advanced Rev DVD into my schedule, but it is totally feasible to start putting specific tutorials online in the Kitelife subscribers section, sorted by name, etc... Would anyone be interested in this?

Kite care and handling, assembly, tutorials on all skill levels and many variables of Rev flying (individual, team, dogstake, short line, etc, etc, etc)... Most of the stuff discussed in this thread, one piece at a time. Getting parts at a time may be a lot better than waiting who knows how long for this DVD.

Kitelife subscription rates are $2.95 monthly, $16.95 every 6-months and $32.95 yearly... All videos can be downloaded to YOUR computer for viewing anytime, and these would be available in MP4 format, ready for iPod/iPhone usage.

Like this - http://kitelife.com/forum/index.php?autoco...amp;showcat=105

Let me know, I'll go for this new project idea if I get enough demand! :)

I think this is a great idea. Plus, it's updatable, can constantly change with new ideas and tutorials, and always be accessible to current subscribers! I point folks there a lot! now there will be one more great reason to be a member and support the efforts! :)

T

I think this is a great idea for many reasons, You can add little bits at a time and people can get what they really want to learn.

After time one could make their own customized collection for the things they want which everyone is different making this a great opportunity.

Plus the added bonus of not working John to death trying to accomplish so much in a short time could almost be a tutorial of the month or bi-monthly as opposed to waiting for how long until a finished product could be edited.

I give this idea 2 thumbs on handles up :kid_smartass:

... if I get enough demand! :)

Demand!!!

The idea of making a single DVD that contains all of the stuff that everyone has asked for has always seemed like an impossible task. By the time you complete the last item, the first one has a high probability of being outdated. And, new topics will have cropped up.

This way you can provide a table of contents ... everyone will know what's coming. Complete individual topics as time is available ... posting them while they are relevant. Prioritize to get the most relevant topics covered first. And, you could probably talk others into contributing scripts of what needs to be covered ... might be completed a little faster. Actually, you could have guest presenters for some of the topics.

Great idea ...

Thought about it a lot, there's just NO WAY I'm going to be able to fit a full length Advanced Rev DVD into my schedule

You lazy git, Barresi - I knew you'd wriggle out of it! Ya big girl's blouse! Let's have less time spent hobbling about kidding on you've twisted your ankle and more time shooting Rev DVDs in future!!

:kid_devlish:

PS 'Git' is an affectionate UK term for a... er.... well, git! TAXI!

• 2 months later...
Since there has been interest in prevention, I would suggest incorporating body mechanics and proper stretching techniques (specific for flyers) in the video.

Cheers!

Sarah

If this is a response to Gary's Jock post above, I think you may have missed the point. Over on this side of the pond a Jock is

Scotsman, not a Sportsman.

I'm still watching this thread, input is valued. ;)

John-

Fear of repeating myself...

Split screen scenes... show body (hand/handles) and show the resulting kite maneuver (to put a motion to the ocean)... ahhhh.... I mean... to actually show the how-to for various maneuvers.

It would be a great help (for us newbees) especially when you don't have someone to watch and learn from.