Stolen Kites

sirrom

Hi Everyone,

I awoke this morning to find my car broken into and the only thing they took was my kite bag. This was a blue New Tech bag with all my kites line sets, extra quad rods just everything. I thought if I listed what kites I had if anyone sees or hears of any of these being listed online for sale you could let me know.

Sea Devil Sul White with Blue Wave, REV Std SLE 1.5 Red/Whit Black, REV Vented B-Series Blue /Black, New Tech French Connection Blue/Black, Level One Jump Black/Red, New Tech Fire Storm Red/White/Black, I-nak I also had 5 sets of 50# Quad line sets. 4 sets of 90# Quad line sets, 6 sets of 50# dual line sets, 6 sets of 90# line sets and a 200# & 250# line set, Wind meter and 3 kite stakes (one was a blue marble from Walt), A tube containing quad rods 2 sets of each (2-Wrap, 3-wrap, 4-wrap) There are a few older kites but these were the main things I can remember. :angry:

Any help would be appreciated

I am really going to miss the Rev's and Sea Devil the most. Just flew both Thursday :(

Brett

Hi Everyone,

I awoke this morning to find my car broken into and the only thing they took was my kite bag. This was a blue New Tech bag with all my kites line sets, extra quad rods just everything. I thought if I listed what kites I had if anyone sees or hears of any of these being listed online for sale you could let me know.

Sea Devil Sul White with Blue Wave, REV Std SLE 1.5 Red/Whit Black, REV Vented B-Series Blue /Black, New Tech French Connection Blue/Black, Level One Jump Black/Red, New Tech Fire Storm Red/White/Black, I-nak I also had 5 sets of 50# Quad line sets. 4 sets of 90# Quad line sets, 6 sets of 50# dual line sets, 6 sets of 90# line sets and a 200# & 250# line set, Wind meter and 3 kite stakes (one was a blue marble from Walt), A tube containing quad rods 2 sets of each (2-Wrap, 3-wrap, 4-wrap) There are a few older kites but these were the main things I can remember. :angry:

Any help would be appreciated

I am really going to miss the Rev's and Sea Devil the most. Just flew both Thursday :(

Brett

Check all the dumpsters in your area, any ravines nearby.

I'm guessing they weren't thinking they were stealing kites and they were highly disappointed. Check local pawn shops.

Next time don't leave anything valuable in the car overnight or for any time you're out of sight of your car.

Good luck. :angry:

Oh man,

I just HATE to hear this .. I am so sorry.

Any Pics of the kites? If so post them here so we can all copy and send them out to people.

I can also send out an AKA email to all regional directors that can pass them along to all members, the sooner the better.

Make certain you call the police to make a report, and then call your insurance company (homeowners or renters) and make a claim.

been through it myself.. so anything I can do to help please let me know..

Amy

OMG!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for your loss Brett!!!!!!!!!!

I hate hearing crap like this especially since I am guilty of leaving my kite bag in my trunk all the time with the thought of always being ready to fly. NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey Laura????????? You reading this??????????

Hope you find one, some, all of your kites..............WOW..........tuff loss!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for all your good thoughts and especially to Amy for reducing, cropping, and posting my kite pictures. I'm still adding to my list of other things that were in the kite bag! We've had quite a day of dumpster diving, police reports and pawn shop visits. It's just so very irritating! :kid_cussing: Thanks for getting the word out. Hopefully we will have good news to report one of these days!

Brett

Thanks everyone for all your good thoughts and especially to Amy for reducing, cropping, and posting my kite pictures. I'm still adding to my list of other things that were in the kite bag! We've had quite a day of dumpster diving, police reports and pawn shop visits. It's just so very irritating! :kid_cussing: Thanks for getting the word out. Hopefully we will have good news to report one of these days!

Brett

No problem Brett,

Happy to do what I can. Many did the same for me when I experienced the same loss.

Monkey did an entire website within 10 min of my kites being gone.. which was very much appreciated. I hope you get them back...and will keep affirming they will find their way back to you.

In the meantime, if you and your wife come to Lincoln City, be sure to call me. We will be there on the beach with lots of revs and duels for you to fly...

hugs mousie

Hi All

I just got a call from the Medford Police Department. :P They went out to a domestic disturbance and the cop recognized the Kite Bag from someplace. He went to check (pictures on his computer?) and ended up arresting one and are working on the arrest of the actual one that took it. We have no idea if all the kites are in it…or what condition they are in. He wants me to call him on Monday so he can get the bag back to me and check the contents :) He said it was the bag that caught his eye in the room in a corner. The pictures I had given them that morning they did the trick. I will update you on Monday. I can breathe a little better. :clap2:

Thanks for your support

Hi All

I just got a call from the Medford Police Department. :P They went out to a domestic disturbance and the cop recognized the Kite Bag from someplace. He went to check (pictures on his computer?) and ended up arresting one and are working on the arrest of the actual one that took it. We have no idea if all the kites are in it…or what condition they are in. He wants me to call him on Monday so he can get the bag back to me and check the contents :) He said it was the bag that caught his eye in the room in a corner. The pictures I had given them that morning they did the trick. I will update you on Monday. I can breathe a little better. :clap2:

Thanks for your support

Brett,

THAT'S FANTASTIC!!!!!

Cheers,

Tom