Wildwood Int'l Kite Festival '09

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carolyn and Laura,

Great job on the photos! Some really nice compositions there. I am especially glad to see that you caught the grid mega-fly. I am also hoping that someone caught the double ball from (I think) Monday. The huge collection of stills and video that Barb & I took will take me some time (I have to work for a living :angry: ). I started selecting the keepers in the still photos and hope to post them by the end of this weekend. The videos may take a little longer, sorry.

In the meantime, in keeping with the superhero theme of the Wildwood event, here are a few (off-topic) shots from the previous weekend:

post-2157-1243525487_thumb.jpg Is this the Batman signal???

post-2157-1243525521_thumb.jpg Combining kiting and astronomy in north-central PA

post-2157-1243525536_thumb.jpg My Rev quiver posing

post-2157-1243525505_thumb.jpg Barb getting some quality Rev time on the top of a hill

I promise, my Wildwood pics & vids are coming...

<snip>

Every time I see images of 'the grid' being flown I have to take a 'quiet moment'... <grins>

Great images!

Trouble is, we have to go for the '100' somehow. Dare I ask, who would be 'up for it'?

This is obviously not a short term project. Blackheath 2012 maybe? (If not Berck 2010)

Felix

Carolyn and Laura,

Great job on the photos! Some really nice compositions there. I am especially glad to see that you caught the grid mega-fly. I am also hoping that someone caught the double ball from (I think) Monday. The huge collection of stills and video that Barb & I took will take me some time (I have to work for a living :angry: ). I started selecting the keepers in the still photos and hope to post them by the end of this weekend. The videos may take a little longer, sorry.

In the meantime, in keeping with the superhero theme of the Wildwood event, here are a few (off-topic) shots from the previous weekend:

post-2157-1243525487_thumb.jpg Is this the Batman signal???

post-2157-1243525521_thumb.jpg Combining kiting and astronomy in north-central PA

post-2157-1243525536_thumb.jpg My Rev quiver posing

post-2157-1243525505_thumb.jpg Barb getting some quality Rev time on the top of a hill

I promise, my Wildwood pics & vids are coming...

wayne. this might be a stupid question.. is that your own personal space station you have there??

wayne. this might be a stupid question.. is that your own personal space station you have there??

Antman,

No, it is a telescope observatory belonging to a good friend who owns the cabin. We were staying there the previous weekend which is why I missed the Belmar Festival. Kite flying happens to be a good way to occupy the daylight hours when the galaxies hide. I guess I spend a lot of my recreational time looking up.

YAY! Fun video. :)

Congrats to all the Wildwood Rev Fliers, y'all clearly brought the house down. <grin>

Proud papa.

John,

IQuad was missed, but clearly there is a lot of talent in the ranks of the amateurs. And also a good sense of how to have fun.

I have to Say... Had a Great time at Wildwoods...

Huge Thanks to Betrix, Angelo and Roger for this event...

Scotty, it was a pleasure to run the Team, Grid and Mega Fly's with you.. :kid_content:

I am Amazed at how many great Flyers we have on this Coast..

And You Newer Guys... What can I say.. WOW!!!! GREAT JOB...

Good Luck getting your Car Sorted out Scott & Mel and I am so glad you were with Us in all of the Flying this weekend... You Guys did great!!!

There are too Many Flyers to thank and Give Props to in one Post..

But I have to tell you all how Proud I am to Fly with All of you and what a Priviledge it was Lead you....

It was a Great weekend of Flying... looking forward to next year...

Every time I see images of 'the grid' being flown I have to take a 'quiet moment'... <grins>

Great images!

Trouble is, we have to go for the '100' somehow. Dare I ask, who would be 'up for it'?

This is obviously not a short term project. Blackheath 2012 maybe? (If not Berck 2010)

Felix

Hi Felix-

I would love to be a part of that!!! Let's see what happens... I'm a "definite maybe" for now ;) !!!

Thanks for posting your pics Wayne! We all see different things during the festival, it's neat to see the stuff we might have missed when busy elsewhere. :D

Speaking of which... I ran across some captures from the Wildwood Cam while we were all down there:

post-1408-1243611005_thumb.jpgpost-1408-1243611017_thumb.jpg

post-1408-1243611034_thumb.jpgpost-1408-1243611052_thumb.jpg

There was also this nice article...

http://www.capemaytimes.com/life-in-cape-m...9-0524kites.htm

Did anyone get a pic of that giant windsock on Saturday? I remember looking across the field and seeing a person standing reasonably close and being *dwarfed* by that monster. Made me think of the giant sandworms from Dune. I later heard that this sock was 100' in diameter by 300' long!

Even more staggering, at $5/yard, thats about $45k in nylon alone. Somehow, saving for a full set of B-Pros seems a lot more attainable. :)

We had so much fun at the Woods! I really enjoyed meeting you guys, new friends witch i cant wait to see again. Team flying is the best, I've learn so much! Thanks Scott and Jay to lead the megafly and thanks Scott to show me what a megaknot is! hihihi

I will never forget the fly sunday afternoon before the banquet, that's was hot.

Thanks to Betrix and Roger to make this possible, already looking forward for next year.

and thanks everyone in here to post pictures on the forum! We didnt take any pictures of the weekend!

Yeah, that was a BIG kite. I noticed that once the winds started picking up, they had to take that big boy down. I think we should of had our mega fly INSIDE that kite....that would have been awesome!!! WEEEEEEEEEEE!

I was thinking the same thing, but with the control lines spinning around, can you say mega-mega-tangle????

Did anyone get a pic of that giant windsock on Saturday? I remember looking across the field and seeing a person standing reasonably close and being *dwarfed* by that monster. Made me think of the giant sandworms from Dune. I later heard that this sock was 100' in diameter by 300' long!

Even more staggering, at $5/yard, thats about $45k in nylon alone. Somehow, saving for a full set of B-Pros seems a lot more attainable. :)

Better still, Bob, did you hear that on Saturday afternoon when the winds came up it started dragging the Ford F-350 it was anchored to?? Now THAT's power!

Thanks for posting your pics Wayne! We all see different things during the festival, it's neat to see the stuff we might have missed when busy elsewhere. :D

Speaking of which... I ran across some captures from the Wildwood Cam while we were all down there:

post-1408-1243611005_thumb.jpg

There was also this nice article...

http://www.capemaytimes.com/life-in-cape-m...9-0524kites.htm

Holy smoke! Look at Mike Agner's Jordan rolling!! whoo!