Next new product from Rev...

KiteLife

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news John!!!

Weekend weather is shaping up to be 30's and 40's, possibly low 50's.  But getting a hot colors "John Barresi Series" Rev will make the cold weather worthwhile.  I'm really looking forward to getting the kite.  Thanks for pursuing for me!!!

I VERY rarely get to the west coast, but maybe sometime you'll be at an east coast event and we can meet up.

Thanks buddy.....  Can't wait.....

Doug

So when can we expect to see these new kites and color schemes, so we can place an order?

:D

We have all of the Barresi Series on order along with the Vented versions. Talking to Rev at the KTAI show shipping should start right away on the B's. That means we should start seeing them show up at our shop within the next week or so. We are taking pre-orders right now for the B's as well as the new Rev II & Rev II Vented. Also look for the new color lineup on the 1.5's, EXP's, and the Speed Series! ULTRA HOT! :twisted: We will also have full stock on all of those as well.

It's a beaut!!!!! (the kite, not me holding it). Got my new B-Series this weekend, and it's great to fly.

post-8-1170639385_thumb.jpg

I picked it up Friday afternoon at Kites Unlimited in Atlantic Beach, NC. Several people had pitched in to help me get this kite. And I truly appreciate everyone's effort.

post-8-1170639410_thumb.jpg post-8-1170639433_thumb.jpg

My first humble impressions are that this is the best performing Rev 1.5 that I now have. Now, my first flight was in steady 7-mph winds, about ideal for this kite. But I don't think the winds were all of it. In looking the kite over, I've tried to figure out why it performs so well with such stability and control. I've come to the conclusion that it's one of four things:

1. All cloth sail

2. 3-wrap narrow leading edge

3. Vertical sail "channels"

4. My imagination

I've thrown out # 4 because I really feel that it does indeed fly better. But why??? To try to find out, I tried a quick test by pulling out the 3-wrap LE and putting it in one of my 1.5M's to see what it would do for the performance, and I believe that the 1.5M actually performed better than it did with the SLE. But not as good as the B-Series. So I've kinda come to the conclusion that maybe all of the first 3 items are affecting the performance. More flying will tell. Gotta fly more... Gotta fly more...

Great job John!! And great job, Revolution!!!

She's a "keeper" :D

Later, Doug

My first humble impressions are that this is the best performing Rev 1.5 that I now have. Now, my first flight was in steady 7-mph winds, about ideal for this kite. But I don't think the winds were all of it. In looking the kite over, I've tried to figure out why it performs so well with such stability and control. I've come to the conclusion that it's one of four things:

1. All cloth sail

2. 3-wrap narrow leading edge

3. Vertical sail "channels"

4. My imagination

Don't forget #5... A little rubbing went into each one, a little Barresi stimulation, if you will.

Just kidding!! LOL

You hit it pretty much right on the head Doug... Items 1-3 are the main factors at work.

We had the same responses from people who flew the B-Series in Texas this past weekend.

Don't forget #5... A little rubbing went into each one, a little Barresi stimulation, if you will.

I've watched him doing this... :unsure:

And yes, having now had a great five days in Texas with John on this bad boy, I'll have some more comments on it soon, but, i'm convinced its the best 1.5 I've ever flown. As Doug points out, I think its channeling myself, I've flown extensively on all cloth 1.5s, with the 3 wrap leading edges all last year but, this one? Its a step above.

The iQuad logo makes me all tingley too. ;)

My Mango in behind John's, 1st day at SPI :

bseries1.jpg

I've watched him doing this... :unsure:

And yes, having now had a great five days in Texas with John on this bad boy, I'll have some more comments on it soon, but, i'm convinced its the best 1.5 I've ever flown. As Doug points out, I think its channeling myself, I've flown extensively on all cloth 1.5s, with the 3 wrap leading edges all last year but, this one? Its a step above.

The iQuad logo makes me all tingley too. ;)

My Mango in behind John's, 1st day at SPI :

bseries1.jpg

Hey Monks, what is the effect of the tip weights? Is that why your kite is on the ground??? ;)

Cheers

Mario

Hey Monks, what is the effect of the tip weights? Is that why your kite is on the ground??? ;)

Cheers

Mario

Ya, mine is a non standard colour at this point, but, I sure like it.

I didn't do much with the weights this weekend, I was having too much fun flying but, the effect is to help power it thru axels and tricks like that. Ill be trying more with that later though I can say it feels pretty meaty with 4 grams on each tip and a 4 wrap frame.

Just like to say I love the look of the new "Barresi Signature Series"

One question is there or are there any plans to have a vented version, as I would like to order both at same time, :D being in the UK.

Thanks,

Dave.

Take a look at the photos on the Kitelife web site taken at the KTAI.

There was a vented blue JB.