Kite Party 7

KiteLife

Hey Jinx,NO MORE GERUPS 4 ME,I was out on the field at 7.30 am this windy,wintry Sunday Morning.Made ya some nice 90lb LPG 75fters.Well,75ft 4inch,if ya wana put an extra Knot in each end.Ther then 75ft....

Have a safe trip Jinx,take it easy

BRIAN...ZERO,yeh Z E R O GERUP

Bri ~

You are just Too, Too!

So looking forward to meeting You and all the brothers and sisters!

Thanks to all for your help with my :mf_crackegg: Newbie venture...

Safe Travel to Everyone on their journey to the Big Party! ... :prop: WooHoo!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You all are making me jelous, especially the webcams .... outside this weekend it was 10 degs and blowing about 30mph. I wonder why I ever left Tucson for the middle states?

I hope you all enjoy your beautiful warm weather and a week of kite flying .... can you hear the venom in my typing as I sit here at work dreaming of warmer weather and kite flying? Uuugh. Just to add insult the conversation going on over the cube wall is about ice fishing.

The rain has moved past KP7 weekend forecast says another great weekend party at Dave's beach

The "going west" road trip is just about over. We're in Barstow, California tonight ... the wife is shopping and I'm stealing bandwidth outside one of the mall stores. The windows are down, the wind is gentle and the temps today were in the 70's. This is going to be great!!!! Will be there tomorrow around noon.

As for DB, don't listen to his crying ... you do remember that he was in Mexico just a short time ago?

Cheers,

Tom

Tom,

Glad your trip is going well, I arrived today around 1:00pm, wind 14mph coming off shore. It did go up and down for a while then got nice and steady till sunset. Met up with Jim and Lynn, and then Jynx joined us. Weather looks to be great. We'll see ya on the beach tomorrow

Spent yesterday in LA. Malibu park is just so fantastic. I only intended spending a couple of hours but ended up walking till way past lunch. Hit grifith observatory in the evening. Up with the larks this morning and in sea world by 1015. Some bits were a little cheesey but the show was superb. Drove into San diego this afternoon and as I was going down harbour avenue (?) suddenly saw some tall ships. Rushed back once I had dropped the bags at the hotel and it turns out to be a fantastic maritime museum - which has HMS surprise (from master and commander)! So I have been like the proverbial pig in the brown talking to the staff down there for the past few hours. Learning all about their ships, comparing notes with the maritime museum in Portsmouth I am involved with. Wow, what a day.

Weather here is perfect. Everyone has been really friendly, and I haven't even met any of the KP7 crowd yet! Think I may need shorts tomorrow on the beach :) See you all tomorrow morning some time.

Spent yesterday in LA. Malibu park is just so fantastic. I only intended spending a couple of hours but ended up walking till way past lunch. Hit grifith observatory in the evening. Up with the larks this morning and in sea world by 1015. Some bits were a little cheesey but the show was superb. Drove into San diego this afternoon and as I was going down harbour avenue (?) suddenly saw some tall ships. Rushed back once I had dropped the bags at the hotel and it turns out to be a fantastic maritime museum - which has HMS surprise (from master and commander)! So I have been like the proverbial pig in the brown talking to the staff down there for the past few hours. Learning all about their ships, comparing notes with the maritime museum in Portsmouth I am involved with. Wow, what a day.

Weather here is perfect. Everyone has been really friendly, and I haven't even met any of the KP7 crowd yet! Think I may need shorts tomorrow on the beach :) See you all tomorrow morning some time.

Hi Jeremy-

So glad to hear that things are going even better than you could have imagined; and you didn't even arrive at KP, yet. Very coooool.

Hi Mike-

It looks great there. I will be thinking of you all and wishing everyone nothing but the best of everything this weekend. Enjoy!

Please keep the photos coming. The Jersey Crew wants to make sure that Brian and Debbie are having a great time. (We know they will, just watching our for our Jersey Crew peeps). ;)

Well with the arrivel of more IKE members, there were quite a few Rev's in the sky. So with help from Tom and Jim as a ground crew, and Mike Stephenson taking the pictures I got to fly some Peter Powell's

t_4729.jpg

Run Jim run

t_4753.jpg

t_4787.jpg

t_4798.jpg

t_4800.jpg

As you can see the mostly cloudy day turned out to be a perfect day

Jeremy.... Have I mentioned lately that I hate you ;)

Green, Green, Green, Green, Green, Green, Green, Green, Green, Green, Green, Green, Green, Green, Green, Green, Green,

I'm a little bit envious of you all.

Just spoke with John .

He's heading there right now.

Did I mention it makes me feel a little Limey :sq_sick:

Bazzer

Awesome, thanks for the site. Its crazy being able to watch everyone have a good time ... especially when I'm stuck back in Illinois, seems like every other IKE'r has gone. My son thinks its cool seeing his Papa (Jeepster) flying on the beach.

I hear ya, DB! It's nice to be able to see some of these events even if you can't be there personally. *Sigh*

Laura: No Problem! We all want to be there, so it's nice to have a little window at least. I'm green too. :blushing: