Rev II team flying?

steveb

It was a beautiful day today, but the winds were fairly strong and even a full Vent B-Series with 4 Wrap Equipped frame was a handful.

I decided to take some strain off my wrists and lines and dust off my Vented Rev II. It was a lot of fun: zippy and lightning quick turns. Terry and Gordie got their Rev IIs out too and we flew all three on our 120' x 90# lines. It was pretty cool, as they matched in colour: red/black/white, even though they were of three different generations.

It was quite a challenge trying to do our usual moves with such responsive kites. Every over-control and correction was easy to see as these kites move in that sort of wind. After a while, our brains got up to speed (most of the time) and we were able to do a lot of our routine, though a bit faster than usual.

I took a quite a few pics and got lucky a couple of times when we were able to hold them in position long enough to get the shot.

Anyhow, it was a total blast, I can't remember having so much fun or saying whoa and d'oh! so many times in one afternoon. If you haven't tried team flying with Rev IIs, give it a try, it was a really refreshing change of pace. ^_^

post-1987-1232949790_thumb.jpg

post-1987-1232949838_thumb.jpg

...and we were able to do a lot of our routine, though a bit faster than usual.

It *is* a lot of fun flying the rev IIs.... but in team it is extreme zanyness (tried it in pairs) :dizzy::)

<more brake Choc, more brakes.> :rolleyes:

It's incredible to think you managed to fly a routine with rev 2s and take piccies! :crazy:

Well done all.

Wish I'd been there to see it. Thanks for sharing.

The more 'funsized' the kite, the greater the laughs :D

Jim> maybe if you keep wishing hard enough you'll get your progressive Ninja eyes one day ;)